THE COMPLETE COMIC BOOK: This Godless Communism

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by directorblue
"Treasure Chest was a monthly comic book published by the Catholic Guild from 1946 to 1972. Each issue featured several different stories intended to inspire citizenship, morality, and patriotism. In the 1961, volume 17 number 2 issue, the story "This Godless Communism" began. It continued in the even numbered issues through number 20. The entire story is presented here
."http://www.authentichistory.com/1946-1960/4-cwhomefront/7-comics/tcgodless/This_Godless_Communism_1961.html

A bit unnerving.

:cool:

I read the first page.

The communist attacked the representative government. I thought the Bolshviks killed the Russian tsar.

Am I wrong or what?

I read the first page.

The communist attacked the representative government. I thought the Bolshviks killed the Russian tsar.

Am I wrong or what?

No. You're not wrong. There was no representative government. Nor was this just a few men who convinced the people to revolt. Also, you will notice the assumption here is that the soviets came in and took over without a shot being fired. But remember, this was in 1961 and its a comic book.

This Godless Communism

it may have been the part about "Godless" that caught the Catholic interest ... to bad that is all they saw.

This Godless Communism

it may have been the part about "Godless" that caught the Catholic interest ... to bad that is all they saw.

A couple of years ago I got into a conversation with some Russians about my age. According to them, the US was not particularly villified during the cold war. At least not to the extent the USSR was villified here. Of course, this conversation took place on my home turf so it is not improbable they were down playing it. I do find it hard to believe their propaganda machine was any less vehement than ours.

Forum List

Back