The Last Bastion Of Ancient God Worship

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Cammmpbell, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Church Schools!!

Instead of evolution they are taught a fairy tale. Instead of science they pray. Instead of facts they listen to some brainwashed teacher's individual views. After that is over the rest will become history.

One thing that has always given religion heartburn......truth!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    You've never actually been to a Church school, have you?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Thank goodness you're right about that one. Tell me something....just why do we need "church schools?" Why do families choose to pay good money to keep their children away from public schools and send them to a place which teaches fairy tales?

4. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,998
    I was taught evolution, and I went to Catholic Schools for 17-1/2 years, 1st grade through College (Graduate Degree).

Religion was a seperate class, not integrated into the rest of the curriculum.

Your hatred of anything religious is still sad and pathetic.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Church schools are far superior to public schools, in every subject. But, secularists don't want to know that.

6. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I hate it because my family and early school teachers brainwashed me with that foolishness and it took me till I was over sixty years old to put it behind me. Anybody who teaches those fairy tales to young children should be convicted of child abuse.

7. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,998
    I dont see it that way. Catholic Schooling taught me responsibility, morality, and a proper sense of man's place in the universe.

and as for the whole "convicted of child abuse thing" Kindly go fuck yourself. See? All that catholic schooling and I still have the free will to violate a chruch tenet. Your percieved "brainwashing" probably has nothing to do with the church, and more to do with your own weakness of character.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Dajjal

Dajjal Quran buster

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,299
    It certainly took you a long time to break away from your childhood teachings. I rejected the God of wrath in the bible when I was sixteen. But unlike you I have spent the subsequent fifty years searching for the truth through the occult and spiritualism, and several guru cults.

I think there probably is a God, but conventional religions are all doomed to failure at getting a handle on God, and in the attempt they create false doctrines.

The true God is too great to be comprehensible to the limited human mind, therefore no religion will ever define him.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  9. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I kinda' figured you were a subject yourself. Ancient god worship is losing ground by the month. I'm an old man and might not see the end of it but within 50-60 years 80%-90% of the American population will look upon it exactly the way we look at ancient Roman and Greek gods......mythological bullshit. I love what Thomas Jefferson told John Adams in a letter. He had enough common sense and gumption to see through the stuff a long, long time ago:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~

10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Americans were very well educated until the Gov't took over.

Well, how did Americans get their education before the Gov't Educational Complex took over then?

Church Schools.

Did you know that the first schools were started by Religious types who wanted to teach the "great unwashed" to read so that they could read the Bible for themselves?

No, of course you didn't.