The Inherent Evil of Conservative Ideology

I guess it takes a bigger brain then the one you have to be able to point out the "unsubstantiated bullshit." If as you say it's just bullshit, then pointimg out the bullshit AND validating its falsehood should be real easy for an intelligent person.

You post shit stating that 'conservatives' "glorify war and mass murder".... which is a complete absolute bullshit assertion... an accusation that is baseless that you and the author try and state as fact....

What next?? Asking the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Dude, I am the author. See any link?

Ever heard of the invasion of Iraq?

Which war were conservatives against?

What section of American society is most likely to support war and invasion?

CNN - Clinton to explain his goals for Iraq - September 13, 1996

With a possible second strike against Iraq looming, and criticism from some corners mounting, the White House is launching a public relations offensive to spell out its Iraq strategy.

President Bill Clinton will lay out his plans in his Saturday radio address. And the administration's top guns, including National Security Adviser Anthony Lake, will blanket television talk shows for the next few days.

The media saturation comes in response to Republican criticism that Clinton has not consulted enough with the American people -- and with the majority-Republican Congress -- on his plans in the Persian Gulf.

"Before we haul off and start escalating the bombing which we may need to do, we need to know what the president's end game is. And he has not come to Congress, and he has not consulted with the American people," Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said Friday.

Republican vice presidential candidate Jack Kemp also criticized Clinton.

"My hope would be that he would consult the bipartisan congressional leadership, consult the leadership that was put together, the tremendous coalition in the Persian Gulf under President Bush, and also consult very closely and carefully with all our allies," he said.

The White House is defending itself against Republican complaints by claiming that they are seasonal.

"We seem to be in a political season when there will be a variety of criticisms raised," said White House Press Secretary Mike McCurry. "The president has been very clear about his objectives as we deal with the provocative behavior of Saddam Hussein."

Complicated issues
Deputy National Security Adviser Samuel Berger explained Clinton's objectives this way: "The President is determined to enforce an expanded no-fly zone in the south, which restricts Saddam's capacity to threaten his neighbors and our strategic interests."

While Berger's synopsis is straightforward, the situation in Iraq is less so. Professional observers say the complicated situation partially accounts for the difficulty Clinton is having in explaining his actions and goals in Iraq. It was easier for the previous administration.

"This is not as clear as saying, 'We are going to turn back the invasion of Kuwait.' The objectives here are a little bit more complex, a little bit more difficult for a president to explain, especially in the middle of a campaign. Bill Clinton really has his job cut out for him," presidential historian Michael Beschloss said.

White House aides say they are well aware that they need to make a better public case for U.S. action, and that it won't be easy.

While polls indicate the president is reaping a political gain right now by standing firm against Iraq, his aides worry that this is just the sort of unpredictable situation that could end up hurting Clinton before the November election.

Last edited:
It a international war crime to spread it on people.

They dropped it on a city with women and children in it.

There were not women and children targeted with Willy P... and there are indeed uses for it in battle

Your point is???

Ignorant peacenick

Thank you .. you just made one of my points in the article.

You're good. :0)

So calling someone a peacenick is glorifying war?? Hardly... But as a person who has actually served in one with honor and dignity, I fully understand war is a nasty business but is indeed necessary when combating evil... You don't keep peace without strength... you don't appease evil on your way to peace... sometimes you have to fight, as ugly as it is... and people such as me had the stones to do it, generation after generation... which allows you to be the free ignorant asshole you are

You post shit stating that 'conservatives' "glorify war and mass murder".... which is a complete absolute bullshit assertion... an accusation that is baseless that you and the author try and state as fact....

What next?? Asking the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

Dude, I am the author. See any link?

Ever heard of the invasion of Iraq?

Which war were conservatives against?

What section of American society is most likely to support war and invasion?

CNN - Clinton to explain his goals for Iraq - September 13, 1996

With a possible second strike against Iraq looming, and criticism from some corners mounting, the White House is launching a public relations offensive to spell out its Iraq strategy.

President Bill Clinton will lay out his plans in his Saturday radio address. And the administration's top guns, including National Security Adviser Anthony Lake, will blanket television talk shows for the next few days.

The media saturation comes in response to Republican criticism that Clinton has not consulted enough with the American people -- and with the majority-Republican Congress -- on his plans in the Persian Gulf.

"Before we haul off and start escalating the bombing which we may need to do, we need to know what the president's end game is. And he has not come to Congress, and he has not consulted with the American people," Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said Friday.

Republican vice presidential candidate Jack Kemp also criticized Clinton.

"My hope would be that he would consult the bipartisan congressional leadership, consult the leadership that was put together, the tremendous coalition in the Persian Gulf under President Bush, and also consult very closely and carefully with all our allies," he said.

The White House is defending itself against Republican complaints by claiming that they are seasonal.

"We seem to be in a political season when there will be a variety of criticisms raised," said White House Press Secretary Mike McCurry. "The president has been very clear about his objectives as we deal with the provocative behavior of Saddam Hussein."

Complicated issues
Deputy National Security Adviser Samuel Berger explained Clinton's objectives this way: "The President is determined to enforce an expanded no-fly zone in the south, which restricts Saddam's capacity to threaten his neighbors and our strategic interests."

While Berger's synopsis is straightforward, the situation in Iraq is less so. Professional observers say the complicated situation partially accounts for the difficulty Clinton is having in explaining his actions and goals in Iraq. It was easier for the previous administration.

"This is not as clear as saying, 'We are going to turn back the invasion of Kuwait.' The objectives here are a little bit more complex, a little bit more difficult for a president to explain, especially in the middle of a campaign. Bill Clinton really has his job cut out for him," presidential historian Michael Beschloss said.

White House aides say they are well aware that they need to make a better public case for U.S. action, and that it won't be easy.

While polls indicate the president is reaping a political gain right now by standing firm against Iraq, his aides worry that this is just the sort of unpredictable situation that could end up hurting Clinton before the November election.

This thread is about the inherent evil of conservative ideology .. not the evil of the Republican Party.

If you've read my post you may have noticed that I did not suggest nor even slightly intimate that democrats who are infected with conservative thought were not as equally guilty. In fact, I even named them. Blue Dogs and DLC democrats are the conservative wing of the Democratic Party. Remember that?

Surely you know enough about politics to know that Bill Clinton is the leader of DLC wing of the party.

You have got it all wrong. Conservative is exactly that, an ideology based on older ideas. Most people who are conservative are older or live in the bible states. They grew up with certain ideas and ways of doing things that the younger generation, who are less conservative or even liberal, did not. Sending troops to war over politics seems strange today, but back then it was the norm. Many of these very same old-time conservatives still use the word 'Colored'. 40 years from now the liberals of today will be branded backwards-ass conservatives.

By the way, Black, I am old enough to actually have heard Senator Dirksen speak. He had a wonderful voice and manner of speaking.

Oh boy, another form over substance guy. Great. This is how we got Obama.

"Golly wompers..... doesn't he sound wonderful?"

Gad.

You have got it all wrong. Conservative is exactly that, an ideology based on older ideas. Most people who are conservative are older or live in the bible states. They grew up with certain ideas and ways of doing things that the younger generation, who are less conservative or even liberal, did not. Sending troops to war over politics seems strange today, but back then it was the norm. Many of these very same old-time conservatives still use the word 'Colored'. 40 years from now the liberals of today will be branded backwards-ass conservatives.

You don't know jack about conservatism, or much else for that matter. You live in this bubble where everything constantly morphs to suit your needs, whims and wants. You detest the notion of self-ccontrol, discipline and self-reliance.

Sorry, these are not OLD ideas.

By the way, Black, I am old enough to actually have heard Senator Dirksen speak. He had a wonderful voice and manner of speaking.

Oh boy, another form over substance guy. Great. This is how we got Obama.

"Golly wompers..... doesn't he sound wonderful?"

Gad.

Damn, you are another truly stupid person. Everet Dirksen was a good man. And, fortunately for him, he had an excellent voice and a great sense of humor.

Of course, it is obvious that his aiding the passing of the much needed Civil Rights Bill is what you dislike about him.

You don't know jack about conservatism, or much else for that matter. You live in this bubble where everything constantly morphs to suit your needs, whims and wants. You detest the notion of self-ccontrol, discipline and self-reliance.

Most of these Teabaggers are on SS. So much for self reliance. They are dependent on the very government that they claim they hate. And then there is the little matter of some of the intellectual prowess displayed, like "Keep Government out of my Medicare".

Most of these Teabaggers are on SS. So much for self reliance. They are dependent on the very government that they claim they hate. And then there is the little matter of some of the intellectual prowess displayed, like "Keep Government out of my Medicare".

Really? Are all those hot housewives at those rallies on SS?

Biggest load of shit I have heard in a while

manure.jpg

You and your pals wouldn't recognize shit from sugar.

Eisenhower got us into Vietnam, Johnson unwisely expanded our role there. Our troops, under the flag of the United Nations, were attacked in Korea.

In Iraq, we invaded a small nation on the basis of lies. Lies fabricated by the Bush administration. That is a War Crime, in case you have not noticed.

Except only the fringe think that................:fu:

Remember we had that debate already.............the fcukking k00ks lost.:lol:

Last edited:

Can I be your friend?

I like you brother .. and it appears that we are about the same age.

I remember sitting with my father listening to Senator Dirksen on the radio and trying to listen to my father explain everything he was saying at the same time. Couldn't do both. It was the first and only time I ever asked my father to be quiet. Telling him to shut-up would have gotten my head knocked off. I was young but I wasn't stupid .. at least not that stupid. :eusa_angel:

Even then I felt the significance of Dirksen's words .. and so did my father who had suffered from the inhumanity of racism all his life. I could see it in his eyes. Maybe that's why Dirksen has always been such a hero for me. His words brought something to my fathers eyes that I had never seen before. As I look back on that moment, I think what I saw in his eyes was hope.

I miss my father .. I always will.

Last edited:

One of my heroes of the civil rights era was conservative Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois. Without his bold leadership, the long over-due Civil Rights Bill of 1964 would have taken even longer, yet his bold courage is rarely mentioned, even by conservatives(1). When it comes to the question of civil rights in America, I’ll talk about him when no one else will. This is not about the conservative individual, it’s about the ideology.

There is deeply-rooted evil in any ideology where money is more important than the peace and well-being of human life. Money is more important than the God they claim to serve so dearly. Anything that cost money to better the condition, maintenance, or survival of human life should be abandoned. They reason they champion a “pro-life” stance is because unborn life doesn’t cost them money. But, once born, that life is abandoned. Born children cost money. Their great hero Ronald Reagan once wanted to classify ketchup as a vegetable because two vegetables where required in school lunch programs. He wanted to save the pennies it would cost to provide a real vegetable to a child. Great “pro-life” leader was Reagan.

As a new more conservative Congress takes their seats today, they’ve got one thing on their minds, money. They want to give as much as they can to themselves and all the rich people they can dig up, and at the same time destroy and/or eliminate Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and they stand in lock step against any attempts to provide adequate health care to all Americans. The same healthcare that is provided to virtually the rest of the planet. They counter with “They’ve got problems with it in other countries.” As if we don’t have problems with healthcare here. No spirit of “American exceptionalism”, or that we can do it better. Just glorification of the idol of money. I think the bible says something about that too. It also says, “Too whom much is given, much is required.” But like the Constitution, the bible is all about interpretation.

Programs such as these are the only things keeping millions of American seniors alive. Without them they couldn’t afford to stay alive. Medical bills alone are the biggest cause of bankruptcy in the United States. Conservative ideology makes a disconnect between so-called “patriotism” and love of your fellow citizens.

There is something deeply evil about an ideology that glorifies war and mass-murder. Deeply evil. Conservatives have never met a war they didn’t like. Even when their mass-murder has been conclusively proven to be based on lies and deception, they’ll make excuses for it, and they’ll never consider the precious lives and families they’ve destroyed. That makes sense in a demonic way because the only lives and families they see as precious are their own. There are hundreds of years of history to back that up. They equate antiwar with un-American. You won’t find them in protests against the horrors of war no matter how horrific we wage it, no matter how false it has proven to be. By any measure, that is evil. We melted babies in Iraq with white phosphorus(2). Melted the skin right off them right down to the bone while they were still alive. To conservatives, that’s called collateral damage. Nothing to apologize for. We did the Iraqis a favor.

When it comes to war, money is no object to conservatives. America’s grossly bloated military budget is not a problem for them. Hell, get them more money. Money is only a problem for the preservation of human life, they have no problems with the destruction of it. They have all manner of bad names they call people who actually care about the preservation and sanctity of human life.

You can’t study or view conservatism without getting the stench of white supremacy. It’s always been there and it always will be. They call that evil shit “tradition.” They pretend it isn’t there. But conservatism has always been a home for the tradition of white supremacy. Always will be, because it is inherent in the ideology. Laughingly, they call minorities “racists.” As if no one can see them, their history, the company they keep, what they are, what they stand for. They parade out the few .. very few .. minorities among them who must reject their own identity to join their club .. with a second-class membership. It’s the “I have minority friends” mindfuck. They’ve made little gain in minority communities because nobody is buying the mindfuck.

They assume the cloak of invisibility, but in reality, it’s the Emperor’s New Clothes. They stand stark naked in their evil.

Just as this is about ideology, not individuals, this is also not necessarily about political party. Political party these days has become a mirage. The evil of southern democratic racists has conservative ideology floating around in their demonic heads. The Democratic Party today stands slightly less evil than the Republican Party because it has fewer conservatives, but they are there. They crept into mainstream democratic policies through the DLC, which was created to stand in opposition to progressive thought. The DLC and so-called “blue-dog democrats” are the conservative wing of the Democratic Party. When the DLC put Barack Obama on their list of rising stars, Obama asked them to take his name off the list. He had his own plan to reach the White House and it required that he was perceived as progressive. Yet today, now elected after riding the name Bush into the White House, there is virtually no difference between the foreign policy of Obama and George Bush, except that in some cases, Obama is even further to the right than Bush.

Any attempts by progressive democrats to stop the spread of conservatism and it’s partner, corporatism, from taking over the party are met with disdain and rejection. The question for progressives today is where do they go from here. How do they regain control of the American agenda. Without question, the experiment of Obama has failed. The midterm elections were validation of that failure.

On the world stage, America ranks 139th out of 147 nations in citizen participation in voting. The largest block of Americans who could vote aren’t democrats or republicans, it’s those who choose not to. From the perspective of many, what’s the difference? There is the evil of republicans or the abject weakness of democrats. Either way, America loses.

This nation is teetering on the edge of disaster, and nations like China, which does not invade and attack the world, is growing and prospering through the use of soft power. We mass-murdered countless innocent people in Iraq for profit. It cost us trillions in taxpayer dollars, tens of thousands dead and wounded young American soldiers, the loss of American power and prestige throughout the world .. and guess who got the oil contracts? China.

Where does the impetus to attack small nations to make money come from? Conservative ideology. It makes no difference what party one belongs to, or the color of the head where conservative ideology resides, it remains destructive to human life. Progressive heroes like former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney are attacked with great fervor. Ultimately her conscience forced her out of the party. Her conscience could no longer support a party infected with the cancer of warmongering conservative ideology and corporate control.

As the new conservative Congress takes center stage, there is just no telling what evil they’re going to concoct. How long will America stomach them is yet to be told, but it will be glaringly apparent the ideology of conservatism has no interest in human life, no interest in anything but money and themselves .. and oh yeah, God.

--------

1. Everett Dirksen and the 1964 Civil Rights Act

2. US forces 'used chemical weapons' during assault on city of Fallujah - Middle East, World - The Independent

Selective reasoning and selective perspective. You left out the fact that it was the democrat party that fought against the civil rights bill. Every war in the 20th century started under a democrat administration. George Bush had bi-partison congressional authorization for boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cowardly traitors in the democrat party decided to undermine the Military mission and put American servicepeople in harms way. Harry Truman didn't have congressional authorization to send Troops to Korea. His mishandling of the Conflict cost the lives of about 35,000 Americans in three years. Bill Clinton didn't have congressional authorization to bomb Europe. He just did it.

There is deeply-rooted evil in any ideology where money is more important than the peace and well-being of human life...
Your entire post is based upon a multitude of strawmen, created for useful idiots, by partisan bigots.
:cuckoo:
That was very insightful Mr. M14.
Indeed, it was.
Providing that one has an understanding of the term 'strawman' and is privy to the origin of 'useful idiot', anyway.

Easy to discern your intellectual prowess
Says he that put up innumerable straw men just so he could beat them down.
Oh, the prowess involved in such a display.
:roll:

Nary a claim in that petulant diatribe can be substantiated, and as such, it defeats itself.

What I think of when I read this is so many on the right and left just do not understand a thing.

Way, I am glad we did not find WMD's, had we found the weapons John Kerry said were there, then we would heard John Kerry state they bought them from us. Maybe the genius of Bush, find the weapons but never show them publicly and let the secret out.

Who caused what war, your all a bunch of lucky mother fuckers, all whining about war you never fought in. Must be nice, to sit behind a computer and bite the history that feeds you. Talk about a worthless education. To characterize everything the greatest nation has done as literally evil.

You people are clueless. I met four kids in the airport, orphans from Tibet, with a happy as hell Tibet man escorting them to Virginia or North Carolina. The man from Tibet said that these kids are the luckiest kids in the world. They are leaving Tibet and they get an American education. Ironic, they leave one of the worst areas in the world, there are a lot of the worst areas in the world so thats not saying much. They leave the worst and they get to come here and listen to the fools tell them we destroyed everything they had.

Reading these posts just tells me I do not want my children around any of you.

You are all idiots. It would take a life time to re-address your bad educations.

The USA has done more for every country in the world than any other nation. The USA has done the best that any nation could do under any circumstance.

Had only the immigrants in the USA been isolationist then all we would be accused of is stealing the worlds resources and destroying the planet in the process.

Very pathetic posts.

Last edited:

One of my heroes of the civil rights era was conservative Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois. Without his bold leadership, the long over-due Civil Rights Bill of 1964 would have taken even longer, yet his bold courage is rarely mentioned, even by conservatives(1). When it comes to the question of civil rights in America, I’ll talk about him when no one else will. This is not about the conservative individual, it’s about the ideology.

There is deeply-rooted evil in any ideology where money is more important than the peace and well-being of human life. Money is more important than the God they claim to serve so dearly. Anything that cost money to better the condition, maintenance, or survival of human life should be abandoned. They reason they champion a “pro-life” stance is because unborn life doesn’t cost them money. But, once born, that life is abandoned. Born children cost money. Their great hero Ronald Reagan once wanted to classify ketchup as a vegetable because two vegetables where required in school lunch programs. He wanted to save the pennies it would cost to provide a real vegetable to a child. Great “pro-life” leader was Reagan.

As a new more conservative Congress takes their seats today, they’ve got one thing on their minds, money. They want to give as much as they can to themselves and all the rich people they can dig up, and at the same time destroy and/or eliminate Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and they stand in lock step against any attempts to provide adequate health care to all Americans. The same healthcare that is provided to virtually the rest of the planet. They counter with “They’ve got problems with it in other countries.” As if we don’t have problems with healthcare here. No spirit of “American exceptionalism”, or that we can do it better. Just glorification of the idol of money. I think the bible says something about that too. It also says, “Too whom much is given, much is required.” But like the Constitution, the bible is all about interpretation.

Programs such as these are the only things keeping millions of American seniors alive. Without them they couldn’t afford to stay alive. Medical bills alone are the biggest cause of bankruptcy in the United States. Conservative ideology makes a disconnect between so-called “patriotism” and love of your fellow citizens.

There is something deeply evil about an ideology that glorifies war and mass-murder. Deeply evil. Conservatives have never met a war they didn’t like. Even when their mass-murder has been conclusively proven to be based on lies and deception, they’ll make excuses for it, and they’ll never consider the precious lives and families they’ve destroyed. That makes sense in a demonic way because the only lives and families they see as precious are their own. There are hundreds of years of history to back that up. They equate antiwar with un-American. You won’t find them in protests against the horrors of war no matter how horrific we wage it, no matter how false it has proven to be. By any measure, that is evil. We melted babies in Iraq with white phosphorus(2). Melted the skin right off them right down to the bone while they were still alive. To conservatives, that’s called collateral damage. Nothing to apologize for. We did the Iraqis a favor.

When it comes to war, money is no object to conservatives. America’s grossly bloated military budget is not a problem for them. Hell, get them more money. Money is only a problem for the preservation of human life, they have no problems with the destruction of it. They have all manner of bad names they call people who actually care about the preservation and sanctity of human life.

You can’t study or view conservatism without getting the stench of white supremacy. It’s always been there and it always will be. They call that evil shit “tradition.” They pretend it isn’t there. But conservatism has always been a home for the tradition of white supremacy. Always will be, because it is inherent in the ideology. Laughingly, they call minorities “racists.” As if no one can see them, their history, the company they keep, what they are, what they stand for. They parade out the few .. very few .. minorities among them who must reject their own identity to join their club .. with a second-class membership. It’s the “I have minority friends” mindfuck. They’ve made little gain in minority communities because nobody is buying the mindfuck.

They assume the cloak of invisibility, but in reality, it’s the Emperor’s New Clothes. They stand stark naked in their evil.

Just as this is about ideology, not individuals, this is also not necessarily about political party. Political party these days has become a mirage. The evil of southern democratic racists has conservative ideology floating around in their demonic heads. The Democratic Party today stands slightly less evil than the Republican Party because it has fewer conservatives, but they are there. They crept into mainstream democratic policies through the DLC, which was created to stand in opposition to progressive thought. The DLC and so-called “blue-dog democrats” are the conservative wing of the Democratic Party. When the DLC put Barack Obama on their list of rising stars, Obama asked them to take his name off the list. He had his own plan to reach the White House and it required that he was perceived as progressive. Yet today, now elected after riding the name Bush into the White House, there is virtually no difference between the foreign policy of Obama and George Bush, except that in some cases, Obama is even further to the right than Bush.

Any attempts by progressive democrats to stop the spread of conservatism and it’s partner, corporatism, from taking over the party are met with disdain and rejection. The question for progressives today is where do they go from here. How do they regain control of the American agenda. Without question, the experiment of Obama has failed. The midterm elections were validation of that failure.

On the world stage, America ranks 139th out of 147 nations in citizen participation in voting. The largest block of Americans who could vote aren’t democrats or republicans, it’s those who choose not to. From the perspective of many, what’s the difference? There is the evil of republicans or the abject weakness of democrats. Either way, America loses.

This nation is teetering on the edge of disaster, and nations like China, which does not invade and attack the world, is growing and prospering through the use of soft power. We mass-murdered countless innocent people in Iraq for profit. It cost us trillions in taxpayer dollars, tens of thousands dead and wounded young American soldiers, the loss of American power and prestige throughout the world .. and guess who got the oil contracts? China.

Where does the impetus to attack small nations to make money come from? Conservative ideology. It makes no difference what party one belongs to, or the color of the head where conservative ideology resides, it remains destructive to human life. Progressive heroes like former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney are attacked with great fervor. Ultimately her conscience forced her out of the party. Her conscience could no longer support a party infected with the cancer of warmongering conservative ideology and corporate control.

As the new conservative Congress takes center stage, there is just no telling what evil they’re going to concoct. How long will America stomach them is yet to be told, but it will be glaringly apparent the ideology of conservatism has no interest in human life, no interest in anything but money and themselves .. and oh yeah, God.

--------

1. Everett Dirksen and the 1964 Civil Rights Act

2. US forces 'used chemical weapons' during assault on city of Fallujah - Middle East, World - The Independent

What should one expect? As the bible clearly states Satan founded conservatism.

Selective reasoning and selective perspective. You left out the fact that it was the democrat party that fought against the civil rights bill. Every war in the 20th century started under a democrat administration. George Bush had bi-partison congressional authorization for boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan. Cowardly traitors in the democrat party decided to undermine the Military mission and put American servicepeople in harms way. Harry Truman didn't have congressional authorization to send Troops to Korea. His mishandling of the Conflict cost the lives of about 35,000 Americans in three years. Bill Clinton didn't have congressional authorization to bomb Europe. He just did it.
The thread is about ideology, specifically Conservative ideology. The Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act were not sterling Liberals. They were Old Guard, racist Conservatives. Unless you're willing to believe the Freedom Riders, students from universities all across the north, were somehow rock ribbed Conservatives who chose to matriculate at Harvard and Columbia and poke around in Mississippi during summer break for kicks.

Forum List

Back