The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

What kind of a half-assed mother would feed their kids that shit?

The world according to LIBRUL ZOMBIES^^^^^^ If you give your kid a twinkie, you're a half assed parent. You can live off the gubmint, demand yo Obamaphone and let taxpayers , pay for YO kidZ.. BUT if you give a child a treat with sugar in it, you're a bad parent..

NO MORE TRICK OR TREATING= BAD PARENTS

roflmao

When's the last time you saw someone eating a Twinkie?

I can't even remember.

And that probably has more to do with why Hostess tanked than anything else.

Says a lot about you, you old fuckin gramps. I have a daughter in 1st grade.. I buy Hostess products all the time as do most mothers with children in school.

The world doesn't revolve around your old tired azz.

What makes you think I don't have children?

You constantly assume things. It's your trademark.

Still, the privately held company that fed a generation of young boomers with sandwich bread, cupcakes, and other snacks finds itself in financial trouble. The sale of Twinkies, the company’s iconic offering, dropped 2 percent this year. In 2010, for the first time in the US, sales of sliced wheat bread outsold sliced white bread – a blow to the Wonder Bread label.

This isn’t Hostess’ first bankruptcy. In 2004, the company, then called Interstate Bakeries, sought Chapter 11 protection – a move that resulted in the closure of nine of its 54 bakers, the shutdown of over 300 outlet stores, and the layoff of approximately 10,000 employees. It took five years for Hostess to emerge from the bankruptcy, then the largest in US history.

Are Twinkies in decline? Hostess files for Chapter 11. - CSMonitor.com

The junk food market is seeing a rise in commodity prices, and this is rotting away their large profit margins. The cost of sugar keeps rising, some of that has to do with its use in bio-fuels. The rising cost of diesel also play a large role in the cost to produce junk food. It also doesn’t look like these cost will go down enough to help ease the cost associated with making junk food.

But, Hostess Brands problem isn’t that the market is turning to healthy snacks, but their problem is due to a combination of rising costs due to pensions, health care, and commodities. They are currently trying to fix their pension system, because right now they owe $944.2 million to Bakery & Confectionary Union & Industry International Pension Fund, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Junk food also seems to take a large majority of the PR hits when it comes to children being overweight, but there are many factors that make children obese, and it isn’t just because a child eats Twinkies or junk food, although the calories in a Twinkies and junk food don’t help. How many generations grew-up eating junk food, like Twinkies, and drinking soda without growing fat?

Just because one company filed for bankruptcy doesn’t mean that other junk food companies are going to face similar fates. $2.5 billion in sales for Hostess Brands, really isn’t that bad, and does indicate that people are still buying junk food.

It is also tempting to see Hostess Brands struggles as proof that junk food is slowly but surely losing market shares. But, as long as junk food taste good and is cheaper than most healthy snacks, they will remain. A few junk food companies might go out of business, but their brand names, like Twinkies, will live on when another company or firm buys the brand name.

Op-Ed: Junk Food Market Still Kicking , but Hostess Suffers Sugar Crash

A combination of factors, not just one.

There is also a lot more competition for shelf space than there was decades ago.

Oh thank God.
I fucking hate Twinkies.
The product involved is not the issue. It makes no difference what the company makes as long as it provides wage-paying JOBS. Unions today have a strangle hold on various companies and they do not seem to care that their stupidity eventually puts companies OUT OF FUCKIN' BUSINESS!!!

The union leaders (the fat cats that work for the unions and "take care" of the millions of dollars extracted from workers in the form of union dues) ride around in limos, wear silk suits and dine in fancy restaurants ALL at the expense of the worker bees. They don't care if companies fail. They are nothing but UNION ORGANIZERS. They can crank up unions elsewhere to maintain their income.

Unions today represent the biggest scam on the American people that has ever been devised.

A better one than you had. I should know, I "had" her too. :razz:

More freaking food Nazi's.
Amazing past couple of days.

Hostess is on the edge of closing its doors and killing off thousands of jobs, Denny's is having to raise prices and cut hours due to Obolshevikcare, and all the lolberals can do is smear the companies involved with their holier-than-thou snobbery.

Absotively amazing.

Here is the REAL message to learn for these companies.

Dont lie to your employees about what you will give them.

yeah like kids want to eat this shit all the time....
M_Id_310693_Elmo.jpg

even the preachy progressives snarf down the junk food...
obama_junk_food1.jpg

Forum List

Back