The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

union represent about 10% of the workforce. SOme stranglehold.
I said "some (various) companies". Thankfully, we still have right-to-work states where unions are thwarted from raping companies.

Those are states where billionaires rape the workers.

Likely, there are a few sweat shops, but I know of many, many non-union shops where the workers are satisfied with their reasonable wages and benefits..and they don't have to pay union dues to keep their jobs.

Unions suck!!

The fucking Union's did!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vYj0E2Hr0]Zombieland - The Last box of Twinkies - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe we can start buying Twinkies from China.

Thanks for collapsing another great American institution, Union filth.

Unfair.

One union did this...cost 18,000 jobs.

The other unions were reported to have not only accepted....but asked the bakers not to do this.

As someone close to food distribution I can assure all that the Twinkie Lives. It just no longer will be living as an independent company, but will instead forgo its current style of operation...buh-bye unions hello free market. Hostess will begin in December to distribute via wholesale distributors, something the company has never done before.

As someone close to food distribution I can assure all that the Twinkie Lives. It just no longer will be living as an independent company, but will instead forgo its current style of operation...buh-bye unions hello free market. Hostess will begin in December to distribute via wholesale distributors, something the company has never done before.
Linky?

Union pensions cost the company its success, not investors. The investors tried to save the company...but as is the pattern of union thuggery, unions encouraged strikes instead of compromise. NOW, in their second reorganization attempt a second strike by bakers is going to force the company to liquidate and sell off pieces of their business.

There exist plenty of companies (privately held) who would love to acquire the Brand. Twinkies will live. Hostess branding will live...but the idiot workers who refused compromise will have to find work elsewhere.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

workers have rights even if you dont want them to have rights.

sell your hate of workers to the American people.

Im sure they love twinkies more than freedom.

Jesus you people just dont get it

Clueless I'm part of the working class what bullshit are you talking about?
Do you think only union members make up the working class?
Unions are a minority it makes up less than 20% of the work force. So shut the fuck up about unions speaking for or being like the working class. I have nothing in common with those over paid bitches.

Can we all say "class envy"?

snippy
It isn't like private sector unions really matter anymore.

You're stupid.

Linky?

I am not linking you to my company dude...sorry. It's of no consequence if you do not believe me as at some future point it will be public knowledge.

Numerous wholesale distributors are already geared up to begin distribution in December. If Hostess liquidates due to this recent development with Bakers? Then Hostess may have to face a hiatus until it is purchased, but purchased it will be and back out on the market it will go.

Linky?

I am not linking you to my company dude...sorry. It's of no consequence if you do not believe me as at some future point it will be public knowledge.

Numerous wholesale distributors are already geared up to begin distribution in December. If Hostess liquidates due to this recent development with Bakers? Then Hostess may have to face a hiatus until it is purchased, but purchased it will be and back out on the market it will go.

Those great brand names aren't going to vanish, that is for sure.

Union guys paid $30 and hour to stock shelves? Not. So. Much.

Linky?

I hope you're right.. It would be a BIG black eye and middle finger to the Unions.

Those great brand names aren't going to vanish, that is for sure.

Union guys paid $30 and hour to stock shelves? Not. So. Much.

Exactly!

I hope you're right.. It would be a BIG black eye and middle finger to the Unions.

You would think they'd learn... Think Mother's Cookies.

In 2010, the percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total labor union "density") was 11.4%, compared to 18.6% in Germany, 27.5% in Canada, and 70% in Finland. Union membership in the private sector has fallen under 7% — levels not seen since 1932.

..... The percentage of workers belonging to a union (or "density") in the United States peaked in 1954 at almost 35% and the total number of union members peaked in 1979 at an estimated 21.0 million.

Labor unions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps the OP would care to explain why Germany, Canada, Finland and virtually every other modern democracy in the world have a higher % of unionized workers than the US - and yet they continue to remain competative.

Perhaps the OP would also care to explain that despite the decline of unionized labor since the late 1970's, why the economic prospects of the average American worker have not improved.

If organized labor is the problem, and given that unionized labor in America has declined ftom 35% (1954) to under 7% (2010), then who has benefitted from the corresponding short and long term economic savings - certainly not the workers?

In 2010, the percentage of workers belonging to a union in the United States (or total labor union "density") was 11.4%, compared to 18.6% in Germany, 27.5% in Canada, and 70% in Finland. Union membership in the private sector has fallen under 7% — levels not seen since 1932.

..... The percentage of workers belonging to a union (or "density") in the United States peaked in 1954 at almost 35% and the total number of union members peaked in 1979 at an estimated 21.0 million.

Labor unions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps the OP would care to explain why Germany, Canada, Finland and virtually every other modern democracy in the world have a higher % of unionized workers than the US - and yet they continue to remain competative.

Perhaps the OP would also care to explain that despite the decline of unionized labor since the late 1970's, why the economic prospects of the average American worker have not improved.

If organized labor is the problem, and given that unionized labor in America has declined ftom 35% (1954) to under 7% (2010), then who has benefitted from the corresponding short and long term economic savings - certainly not the workers?

hello.......Europe is going broke........:cuckoo:

Twinkie's lost it during WWII. Originally they had banana flavored guts, and were delicious. In WWII it was changed to some bland sort of filling and they lost me as an addict. The name went on but not the taste.

Forum List

Back