The Hostess-Twinkie who did what to kill it/them thread

I'll wager there's a run on Hostess products.. the shelves will be bare soon, then no more Twinkie..:-( It's truly a sad day in America.. Hostess is an icon, a legend.

Here's a list of brands we can say good bye to.

Brands

In the United States, these include:

Baker's Inn
Beefsteak
Blue Ribbon
Bread du Jour
Butternut Breads
Colombo
Cotton’s
Di Carlo
Drake's
Dolly Madison
Dutch Hearth
Eddy’s
Good Hearth
Holsom
Home Pride
Hostess
J.J. Nissen
Merita
Millbrook
Mrs. Cubbison’s
Nature's Pride
Parisian
Standish Farms
Sweetheart
Toscana
Wonder Bread

Here's a list of brands we can say good bye to.

Brands

In the United States, these include:

Baker's Inn
Beefsteak
Blue Ribbon
Bread du Jour
Butternut Breads
Colombo
Cotton’s
Di Carlo
Drake's
Dolly Madison
Dutch Hearth
Eddy’s
Good Hearth
Holsom
Home Pride
Hostess
J.J. Nissen
Merita
Millbrook
Mrs. Cubbison’s
Nature's Pride
Parisian
Standish Farms
Sweetheart
Toscana
Wonder Bread

Wow.. It's not over yet.. In fact- it's just beginning. Unemployment over 430k this week.. watch it expand by 1000's.. Libruls like Nancy Pelousi love it.. it's helping the economy, dont cha'know?

The real parasites are the fucking board, after giving themselves a huge pay raise in July, $750,000 to $2,550,000 in the case of the CEO, they demanded workers take substantial pay and pension cuts. If the company is in such bad shape why the unwillingness to share the pain? Those assholes are going to loot the company, leave with juicy golden parachutes and stick it to the people who worked there for years and the workers are the bad people for getting upset and trying to fight.

Can you back this up with any credible source? Because I have tried adn come up empty handed.

Tale of the Twinkie

"In the late 1990s, Hostess Brands made record profits. Stockholders received unprecedented dividends, and the corporate leadership was rewarded with dramatically increased bonuses. To sustain those dividends and bonuses, the company kept buying other companies—presumably, at least in part, with monies that should have gone into the employee pension fund.

If Hostess Brands is soon dissolved, one wonders how its substantial assets will be divided. The union pension fund has been described as the company’s largest liability, and yet one guesses that as the assets are distributed, those workers and former workers will again be at the back of the line. To quote Mitt Romney, I’ll bet you $10,000 that the workers again walk away with nothing beyond the empty promises of the management with whom they have tried to negotiate in good faith.

Those workers will be further victimized in the snide criticisms of “pro-business” mouthpieces who believe--and would like to convince the rest of us to believe--that despite pro-labor “propaganda” to the contrary, corporate raiders are paragons of American values rather than vicious caricatures of those values. Sustaining this selfserving point of view requires a wreching re-definition of the "common good." It requires that American workers be regarded as parasites if they vote for collective bargaining and if they have the temerity to expect what they have been promised."

Last edited:
Don't let any ol' hedge fund manager tell YOU that you can't make $28 an hour plus full benefits to stuff Ho Ho's on a shelf, Union man!

Today is the day you decide how much you make!

360.jpg

Why not? Do you want the rest of us to subsidize Twinkies, and give those people who work a 40 hour week a food stamp subsidy?

The people who worked for Hostess were well paid, just not as well paid as they thought they should be. The unions were going to fight for their rights to be overpaid and so they did, by killing off the host.

My past is gone. Twinkies were five cents unless you walked down to the Hostess factory at 55th and Wentworth where the week-old Twinkies were two for a nickel. This truly is the end.

The fact that so many of you here inform us that you love Twinkies is rather telling.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

workers have rights even if you dont want them to have rights.

sell your hate of workers to the American people.

Im sure they love twinkies more than freedom.

Jesus you people just dont get it

You don't get it. There will be no more Hostess workers. Dumb ass.

"Hostess Brands will move promptly to lay off most of its 18,500-member workforce and focus on selling its assets to the highest bidders."

About one-third of the company's workers are union members who are unhappy about the company's cutbacks during its bankruptcy reorganization.

Read more: Hostess going out of business; nearly 18,000 to be laid off - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

When's the last time you saw someone eating a Twinkie?

I can't even remember.

And that probably has more to do with why Hostess tanked than anything else.

I can't even remember.

True, but blaming "overpaid workers" is so much more fun.

I can't even remember.

Says a lot about you, you old fuckin gramps. I have a daughter in 1st grade.. I buy Hostess products all the time as do most mothers with children in school.

The world doesn't revolve around your old tired azz.

What's very telling is the liberals who post here.. Every last one of you are older than Moses.. which means you're a dying breed.. you old hippies..

Good riddance.

Knowing that Twinkies are bad for ya, you would think these junk food junkies would figure that out and would stop it.

Forum List

Back