the gop: then and now

Your opinion is noted as worthless.

THIS is what the Taliban does, you fucking retard:

[daveman tries to shock USMB, while pretending to give a shit about Afghans]

And what does that have to do with your opinion being worthless? You're a fucking hack.
Awww, poor widdle Synthia steps on his tiny, shriveled crank with golf spikes -- and it's mean ol' daveman's fault. :(

You made an historically inaccurate and morally reprehensible comparison, driven by your irrational hatred of conservatives and believers. I called you on it. You got all butthurt. You know, your usual response.

You don't think Santorum would love to do the Western, civilized versions of those photos?
No, I don't, you utter retard. Good Gaea, you're a damned idiot.
And some of the fringe that Santorum speaks to are just as bad - got any photos of George Tiller's murdered body? How about Dr. David Gunn? What about Dr. John Britton? Got any pics of him lying there with his face blown off from a 12 gauge shotgun?
Ahh, yes, there it is. "Yeah, Islamic extremists are kinda bad, I guess, but XTIANS, now, they're dangerous!!"

Eat shit, retard.

The bimbo is frantically Googling Goldwater because she thinks he's a Liberal. :lol:
"Bimbo"?

Damn, you sure do hate conservative women, don't you? Misogynist bastard.

:lol:

Everything is emotional with you wingnuts.
No, we're not leftists.
'Bimbo' is an insult of intelligence.
Well, that's the problem right there: Being an astoundingly stupid person yourself, you don't recognize intelligence when you see it.

But you still hate conservative women. I expect it's because they regularly kick your ass...figuratively as well as literally.
Why did you make that leap to "conservative women"?
Because CG, to whom you were referring, is a conservative woman. Moron.

I snipped the rest because I want to ask you about the bolded: which businesses has he run? I don't know any.

Romney basically moved money around, buying and selling debt and the businesses that held that debt. Please show me what company he has run, where he had to hire and fire personnel, meet a payroll, and do all the mundane paperwork that is required to run a business in America.

Also, Romney has never run a small business - why do you think he has the first clue?
Show me where Obama has done any of that.

Or is that different? Somehow?
Obama isn't running on his business prowess, like Rmoney.

Dumbass. :lol:
That's because he has no experience. In much of anything.

Why did you vote for him the first time? He was obviously completely unprepared and unsuited for the job.

" Obama isn't running on his business prowess "

No kidding.
Yet, Obama has actual solutions, where Reversible Mittens just wants to cut taxes even further for him and his NASCAR Team-owning friends.
Obama's "solutions" don't work.

Unless, of course, the problem is, "How can we funnel huge amounts of taxpayer money to big Dem donors and special interest groups?"

"GOD DAMN AMERICA!!" Remember The Dear Leader's racist Pastor nutter? Obama-Bots probably forgot about him. Seriously Bots, is Santorum really so bad? Ok, so he believes in God? What's so wrong with that? At least he still loves & respects his Country. And that's much more than can be said of Obama's Anti-American lunatic Pastor. Santorum's ok. The Left are just being petty Drama Queens over his spiritual faith. Just more manufactured feigned outrage. Time for Obama-Bots to reboot. This stuff is getting so stale & lame.

Believes in God? Loves and respects his country?

No wonder leftists hate him so passionately.

Sure it would. You don't just snap back from a global economic meltdown overnight.

Hey, catch up, will ya? The GOP wants us to believe that this is/was just another recession, that it was no big deal, that what Bush left behind was just a little blip on the economic radar screen. A momentary glitch.

santorum-ahmanhanjob.jpg

Excellent.

Obama isn't running on his business prowess, like Rmoney.

Dumbass. :lol:
That's because he has no experience. In much of anything.

Why did you vote for him the first time? He was obviously completely unprepared and unsuited for the job.
Because McBush vowed to continue dubya's failed policies.

Only hyper-partisan hacks like you see a clusterfuck of failure and say "I want more, please!"

seeing as how no business has mandatory spending due to SS, Medicare, Medicare and defense, running a business and running a country are not similar, as much as youd like to think so.
And yet running a business demands wise spending of money.

Obama doesn't know anything about that. He thinks the sole purpose of tax dollars is to pay back big donors and special interest groups.
how has he funneled money to special interest groups? bush and his buddy cheney did more of that through war profiteering and no bid contracts. like Halliburton and Blackwater.....

what big donors would you be speaking of exactly? im assuming you only mean the UAW due to the auto bailout, (which btw shhhhhhhhh GWB started.......) can you provide any links or proof other than your wild accusations that any of this is true?

you can not drill your way out of this problem. oil is a finite resource, as it become more scare and demand increases, prices go up. thus renewable technologies such as solar, wind and hydropower must be explored. since youre referring the keystone pipeline, the southern section is actually being build. Obama never said he wouldnt approve the north section, but when the GOP push for an answer on a condensed timetable he said no. since the people of the state of nebraska (a GOP controlled state btw) said that it could have a negative affect on a huge aquifer. now, keystone is free to resubmit their application showing the route as well as the environmental impact, but it needs to be studied. look up all the oil spill associated with tar sands pipeline and the disasters is has caused to the environment. a little research and reading comprehension could do you well. i havent seen any stories or articles stating building the pipeline would increase prices at the pump, but it wouldnt do much to lower them either, at least in the short term. if canada really want to build the pipeline the shorter route is actually west to the pacific, but environmentalists in canada are worried about the environmental impact to the ecosystem and nixed that idea. hmmmm i wonder why

Oh my GAWD. There's possibly two things happening here. Either this was written by a third grader (which I'm leaning more towards given the mastery of spelling, punctuation, and the English language) or you're making it up as you go along. Given TruthMatters and rdean's threads, this is certainly not out of the realm of possibility for those on the left. You should NEVER regurgitate information concerning an industry you know NOTHING about. Especially when you get that information from Salon.com, Think Progress, or the Daily Kos. Let's examine what's wrong with just the above reply regarding energy.

The southern half of the Keystone pipeline is NOT BEING BUILT. There are currently two proposals on the board. The first is from Cushing, OK to Houston. It is called the Wrangler pipeline and has a capacity of approx. 800,000 barrels of oil a day. Two American companies, Enterprise Products Partners LP and Enbridge Inc are partnered up to work on that project. TransCanada Corp. and Magellan Midstream Partners' Longhorn pipeline would bypass Cushing and bring oil from revived oil fields in west Texas to Houston. It's capacity is around 225,000 barrels a day. Since you heard the name of TransCanada Corp (the proponents of the Keystone pipeline) here's where you got confused. But let's remember that the Keystone pipeline would bring oil from the tar sands in Canada to the refineries on the gulf coast. Since Barry and his screw-ups have no input here, look to the states of Oklahoma and Texas to okay both pipelines. Thank God. But of course, if you buy the crap I have seen on this website from the left, look for prices at the pump to increase after those two pipelines are built (insert heavy sarcasm).

Barry and his people (who had NO thought of approving the Keystone pipeline to appease the environ-wackos on the left) had THREE YEARS to study the pipeline. When the governor of Nebraska asked TransCanada to reroute the pipeline, there was no problem. Barry still doesn't like it, he won't like it, and he will NEVER authorize it's construction because he wants to keep the tree-huggers happy.

There have been three ruptures of pipelines over the past couple years that have involved tar sands oil. One in North Dakota, one in Michigan and one in Colorado. The one in Michigan was the worst with almost 800,000 gallons spilled. At room temperature, the tar sands oil is almost solid. To move it along current pipelines, you have to add flamable liquids to the mix. The current pipelines were not built to carry such a mixture and there is thought that the corrosiveness of the oil is creating these incidents. You need to strengthen the lines designed to carry this crude. Otherwise, you're going to have these issues over and over again. The Keystone XL will be built with this mixture in mind.

And lastly, I have to absolutely LAUGH at your last couple of sentences. You're absolutely right, the shortest route for Canada and the one that would keep the oil in Canada, would be west to the pacific ocean. But to think that Canadian environmentalists nixed that idea is ridiculous. Of the 60,000 MILES of pipeline currently under the United States, how many miles carrying CRUDE OIL does the United States and Canada have that travels east and west across the rocky mountains? I can answer that: NONE. To lay a pipeline from the plains to the west coast, going up 15,000 feet would require a pumping station about every 1,000 or so yards. Too expensive. That is why tankers still go through the Panama Canal carrying refined products from the gulf coast to the west coast.

You know, off and on I've been involved somewhat with the oil and gas industry in this country for over 35 years. Thanks to fracking, I've opened up six old wells on my ranch. They don't produce much, but they do produce a little. I am amazed at the absolute LACK OF INTELLIGENCE and KNOWLEDGE that I read on this website and the crap that spews from peoples mouths when they read something on some far left website. You're little blurb is a case in point.

Now go sit down so the grown ups can decide what to do to save this country... You can come back when you learn how to type and what is actually happening.

Last edited:
one of the most discouraging things about the fact that people like goldwater are no longer in charge of the GOP, is that there is no distinct difference between the parties anymore. when he was around, you knew you were voting for a fiscal conservative. now, regardless of who we vote for, we get pretty much get the same thing. throw out a few wedge issues and the parties are identical. it may kill partisans to hear that, but it's true.
There is a lot of truth in what you're saying. People don't want to pay higher taxes and they don't want to give up any government benefits. Half the households in the country are receiving something from the government, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, VA Benefits, Food Stamps, Welfare,... Our representatives are simply following the will of the people. Achieving anything approaching a fiscally sound government will require a coalition of moderate Democrats and Republicans, something we haven't seen in a long time.

SY4ri.jpg

sad what the party has become

Especially if you factor in Mitt's lack of original thought, lack of firm opinions on even the most basic issues, his overall lack of balls. Even his own wife says he should keep his mouth shut (sure tells you who wears the pants in that family).

If Mittens is elected, and I don't want to believe Americans are THAT dumb, but if he were elected, Grover Norquist - and Boehner, Ryan, Cantor, etc - would get exactly what he wants - an obedient tool who "can handle a pen".

Political Animal - His Master’s Voice?

Daily Kos: Grover Norquist on the GOP candidates: All we need is someone who can 'handle a pen'

We would also see the last of the growth, jobs and progress.

But, heck, think what it would do for off shore banks and foreign companies. They'd flourish while the US failed completely.

seeing as how no business has mandatory spending due to SS, Medicare, Medicare and defense, running a business and running a country are not similar, as much as youd like to think so.
And yet running a business demands wise spending of money.

Obama doesn't know anything about that. He thinks the sole purpose of tax dollars is to pay back big donors and special interest groups.
how has he funneled money to special interest groups? bush and his buddy cheney did more of that through war profiteering and no bid contracts. like Halliburton and Blackwater.....

what big donors would you be speaking of exactly? im assuming you only mean the UAW due to the auto bailout, (which btw shhhhhhhhh GWB started.......) can you provide any links or proof other than your wild accusations that any of this is true?
Don't expect an intelligent answer from daveman.

More likely, you'll get a variation of "BOOOOOOOSH!!!" - it's all he can come up with.

you can not drill your way out of this problem. oil is a finite resource, as it become more scare and demand increases, prices go up. thus renewable technologies such as solar, wind and hydropower must be explored. since youre referring the keystone pipeline, the southern section is actually being build. Obama never said he wouldnt approve the north section, but when the GOP push for an answer on a condensed timetable he said no. since the people of the state of nebraska (a GOP controlled state btw) said that it could have a negative affect on a huge aquifer. now, keystone is free to resubmit their application showing the route as well as the environmental impact, but it needs to be studied. look up all the oil spill associated with tar sands pipeline and the disasters is has caused to the environment. a little research and reading comprehension could do you well. i havent seen any stories or articles stating building the pipeline would increase prices at the pump, but it wouldnt do much to lower them either, at least in the short term. if canada really want to build the pipeline the shorter route is actually west to the pacific, but environmentalists in canada are worried about the environmental impact to the ecosystem and nixed that idea. hmmmm i wonder why

Oh my GAWD. There's possibly two things happening here. Either this was written by a third grader (which I'm leaning more towards given the mastery of spelling, punctuation, and the English language) or you're making it up as you go along. Given TruthMatters and rdean's threads, this is certainly not out of the realm of possibility for those on the left. You should NEVER regurgitate information concerning an industry you know NOTHING about. Especially when you get that information from Salon.com, Think Progress, or the Daily Kos. Let's examine what's wrong with just the above reply regarding energy.

The southern half of the Keystone pipeline is NOT BEING BUILT. There are currently two proposals on the board. The first is from Cushing, OK to Houston. It is called the Wrangler pipeline and has a capacity of approx. 800,000 barrels of oil a day. Two American companies, Enterprise Products Partners LP and Enbridge Inc are partnered up to work on that project. TransCanada Corp. and Magellan Midstream Partners' Longhorn pipeline would bypass Cushing and bring oil from revived oil fields in west Texas to Houston. It's capacity is around 225,000 barrels a day. Since you heard the name of TransCanada Corp (the proponents of the Keystone pipeline) here's where you got confused. But let's remember that the Keystone pipeline would bring oil from the tar sands in Canada to the refineries on the gulf coast. Since Barry and his screw-ups have no input here, look to the states of Oklahoma and Texas to okay both pipelines. Thank God. But of course, if you buy the crap I have seen on this website from the left, look for prices at the pump to increase after those two pipelines are built (insert heavy sarcasm).

Barry and his people (who had NO thought of approving the Keystone pipeline to appease the environ-wackos on the left) had THREE YEARS to study the pipeline. When the governor of Nebraska asked TransCanada to reroute the pipeline, there was no problem. Barry still doesn't like it, he won't like it, and he will NEVER authorize it's construction because he wants to keep the tree-huggers happy.

There have been three ruptures of pipelines over the past couple years that have involved tar sands oil. One in North Dakota, one in Michigan and one in Colorado. The one in Michigan was the worst with almost 800,000 gallons spilled. At room temperature, the tar sands oil is almost solid. To move it along current pipelines, you have to add flamable liquids to the mix. The current pipelines were not built to carry such a mixture and there is thought that the corrosiveness of the oil is creating these incidents. You need to strengthen the lines designed to carry this crude. Otherwise, you're going to have these issues over and over again. The Keystone XL will be built with this mixture in mind.

And lastly, I have to absolutely LAUGH at your last couple of sentences. You're absolutely right, the shortest route for Canada and the one that would keep the oil in Canada, would be west to the pacific ocean. But to think that Canadian environmentalists nixed that idea is ridiculous. Of the 60,000 MILES of pipeline currently under the United States, how many miles carrying CRUDE OIL does the United States and Canada have that travels east and west across the rocky mountains? I can answer that: NONE. To lay a pipeline from the plains to the west coast, going up 15,000 feet would require a pumping station about every 1,000 or so yards. Too expensive. That is why tankers still go through the Panama Canal carrying refined products from the gulf coast to the west coast.

You know, off and on I've been involved somewhat with the oil and gas industry in this country for over 35 years. Thanks to fracking, I've opened up six old wells on my ranch. They don't produce much, but they do produce a little. I am amazed at the absolute LACK OF INTELLIGENCE and KNOWLEDGE that I read on this website and the crap that spews from peoples mouths when they read something on some far left website. You're little blurb is a case in point.

Now go sit down so the grown ups can decide what to do to save this country... You can come back when you learn how to type and what is actually happening.
ohhh so those Canadian environmentalists that dont exist didnt say this:

"Canadian environmentalists are voicing similar concerns about the alternative route. The Toronto Star reports that the western route faces fierce opposition from environmentalists in Canada who say that pipeline leaks or a tanker spill would endanger some of the world's most pristine forests and coastal areas and that the proposal "has already galvanized unprecedented concern in the green movement."
Canada seeks alternative route for Keystone XL pipeline

"Fear of pipeline leaks or a tanker spill that would foul some of the world’s most pristine forests and coastal areas has already galvanized unprecedented concern in the green movement, with some groups calling it the “defining environmental battle” of modern times. The army of opponents includes environmentalists from around North America, more than 100 aboriginal groups and thousands of other B.C. citizens. Star power will also be brought into play from the likes of Robert Redford and Leonardo DiCaprio."
"This outpouring of interest in the hearings was partly facilitated by green activists, who used social media to help sign up people to testify. The Victoria-based Dogwood Initiative alone takes credit for facilitating testimony by 1,600 of the 4,000-plus people who are stepping forward to comment on the proposed pipeline."
Canada News: Titanic clash looms over proposed Northern Gateway pipeline - thestar.com

if youve been involved in the oil and gas industry as long as you claim, then you would know that most oil pipeline are in fact made from 40' sections of steel and either bolted or welded together at the joints. some of these pipes run above ground, some run below ground. it is at these joints that failures most commonly happen due to erosion of the bolts and gaskets or erosion of the weld.

here are also examples of what can happen due to tar sands spills.

"It’s been like this since last July 25, when more than 800,000 gallons of crude spilled from a pipeline into a creek that feeds the Kalamazoo River, about 100 miles upriver from Lake Michigan. The EPA ranks it as the largest spill in Midwestern history, but even so, officials say that oil from a typical disaster of that size would have been cleaned up long ago: skimmed, soaked, and vacuumed from the surface.
But this was no typical oil spill. The pipeline owned by the Canadian company Enbridge carried mostly heavy, viscous crude from tar sands fields in Alberta, Canada, bound for Midwestern refineries. Raw tar sands oil, or bitumen, is so thick that it has to be mixed with a thinning compound, or diluent -- a highly volatile derivative of natural gas that includes large amounts of benzene and other toxic chemicals -- in order to make it liquid enough to pump through pipelines."

if you actually knew a lot of oil and gas industry as you claim, then you would know the tar sand are not piped in solid form, they are in fact mixed with chemical (bitumen) to make it more viscous so that it in fact can be transported through pipes. you can not transmit a solid through a pipe without a medium with which to assist it. or did they not teach you that during your tenure?

maybe you should go back to school and work on the education you claim to have. you can obviously see that you have no clue what you are talking about, as much as you would like to think so.

ohhh so those Canadian environmentalists that dont exist didnt say this:

"Canadian environmentalists are voicing similar concerns about the alternative route. The Toronto Star reports that the western route faces fierce opposition from environmentalists in Canada who say that pipeline leaks or a tanker spill would endanger some of the world's most pristine forests and coastal areas and that the proposal "has already galvanized unprecedented concern in the green movement."

"Fear of pipeline leaks or a tanker spill that would foul some of the world’s most pristine forests and coastal areas has already galvanized unprecedented concern in the green movement, with some groups calling it the “defining environmental battle” of modern times. The army of opponents includes environmentalists from around North America, more than 100 aboriginal groups and thousands of other B.C. citizens. Star power will also be brought into play from the likes of Robert Redford and Leonardo DiCaprio."
"This outpouring of interest in the hearings was partly facilitated by green activists, who used social media to help sign up people to testify. The Victoria-based Dogwood Initiative alone takes credit for facilitating testimony by 1,600 of the 4,000-plus people who are stepping forward to comment on the proposed pipeline."
Canada News: Titanic clash looms over proposed Northern Gateway pipeline - thestar.com

if youve been involved in the oil and gas industry as long as you claim, then you would know that most oil pipeline are in fact made from 40' sections of steel and either bolted or welded together at the joints. some of these pipes run above ground, some run below ground. it is at these joints that failures most commonly happen due to erosion of the bolts and gaskets or erosion of the weld.

here are also examples of what can happen due to tar sands spills.

"It’s been like this since last July 25, when more than 800,000 gallons of crude spilled from a pipeline into a creek that feeds the Kalamazoo River, about 100 miles upriver from Lake Michigan. The EPA ranks it as the largest spill in Midwestern history, but even so, officials say that oil from a typical disaster of that size would have been cleaned up long ago: skimmed, soaked, and vacuumed from the surface.
But this was no typical oil spill. The pipeline owned by the Canadian company Enbridge carried mostly heavy, viscous crude from tar sands fields in Alberta, Canada, bound for Midwestern refineries. Raw tar sands oil, or bitumen, is so thick that it has to be mixed with a thinning compound, or diluent -- a highly volatile derivative of natural gas that includes large amounts of benzene and other toxic chemicals -- in order to make it liquid enough to pump through pipelines."

if you actually knew a lot of oil and gas industry as you claim, then you would know the tar sand are not piped in solid form, they are in fact mixed with chemical (bitumen) to make it more viscous so that it in fact can be transported through pipes. you can not transmit a solid through a pipe without a medium with which to assist it. or did they not teach you that during your tenure?

maybe you should go back to school and work on the education you claim to have. you can obviously see that you have no clue what you are talking about, as much as you would like to think so.

Wow, reading comprehension is NOT a strong suit is it? I didn't say Canadian environmentalists didn't exist, I said they didn't NIX THE EAST-WEST PIPELINE like you claimed. Crude oil pipelines do NOT go over the rocky mountains. And if you read my reply, I was the one who said that tar sands oil is mixed with a liquid to make it transferable in pipelines. It is very volatile and very, very corrosive.

Typical left-wing thumper... talk, talk, and never listen.

But to think that Canadian environmentalists nixed that idea is ridiculous.

those are your exact words. read your own post. simple reading comprehension shows you lied, since Canadian environmentalist did nix the pipeline, that proves you lied about it, or made it up since it isnt obviously true.

typical right wing nut bag, likes to spreads lies and pass them off as the truth.

You're not too intelligent are you? Besides, you sound like TruthMatters, and that is NOT a compliment. How can environmentalists kill something that is IMPOSSIBLE to build?

We were going to build a transporter to "beam" us to the moon, but the environmentalists killed the idea. God, thank you for the tree-huggers.

Really... get a life and a clue.

You're not too intelligent are you? Besides, you sound like TruthMatters, and that is NOT a compliment. How can environmentalists kill something that is IMPOSSIBLE to build?

We were going to build a transporter to "beam" us to the moon, but the environmentalists killed the idea. God, thank you for the tree-huggers.

Really... get a life and a clue.
seeing as how you know all about the oil and gas industry mr experts, i guess you forgot about tunneling machines, or directional drilling, or jack and bore and all the other technologies that allow for going through hills / mountains / rock.

oops! you not so smart now are you?

and actually there is a company is japan planning to build a space elevator
Japan plans snail-paced space elevator for 2050 | Crave - CNET

tell me how this impact the environment exactly? how many aquifers does it travel through? how much deforestation does it required?

Forum List

Back