the gop: then and now

As an evangelical Christian conservative and member of the Tea Party, I feel compelled to respond here. For some reason, those on the left feel that people like me would just LOVE Rick Santorum to be the nominee for President of the United States from the GOP. Nothing could be farther from the truth. And here's why.

Rick Santorum has ZERO business sense. Romney has run businesses, he has come in and turned around sinking ships and made them profitable.

I snipped the rest because I want to ask you about the bolded: which businesses has he run? I don't know any.

Romney basically moved money around, buying and selling debt and the businesses that held that debt. Please show me what company he has run, where he had to hire and fire personnel, meet a payroll, and do all the mundane paperwork that is required to run a business in America.

Also, Romney has never run a small business - why do you think he has the first clue?
Show me where Obama has done any of that.

Or is that different? Somehow?
Obama isn't running on his business prowess, like Rmoney.

Dumbass. :lol:

its fun to watch all the "Conservatives" who are trying to claim he never said it.

if santorum wins the nominee all obama has to do is repeat this quote over and over in every ad and he will win at least 40 states.

Please quote the conservative that said he didn't say it plz.

cuz all I've seen are requests for a link. [which I got, confirming santorum is a liberal]

Back on Page 1:

Where is your proof that Rick Santorum ever said this? I do not believe it.

Another thing Santorum says in the interview with NPR:

Sen. SANTORUM: You know, one of the things that I realize is that if you look at big business, I mean, they--and what they fund and what they do, they don't really--they don't fund the small non-profit community-based organizations that really are out there on the front lines helping people. They fund the big philanthropies. They're safe. But they're also, by and large, not family-friendly, they're not faith-friendly. Candidly, I believe most corporations actually don't mind big government.

He also says he does not believe Intelligent Design should be taught in schools.

I think I would probably tailor that a little more than what the president has suggested, that I'm not comfortable with intelligent design being taught in the science classroom. What we should be teaching are the problems and holes and I think there are legitimate problems and holes in the theory of evolution. And what we need to do is to present those fairly from a scientific point of view. And we should lay out areas in which the evidence supports evolution and the areas in the evidence that does not.

"Goddamn it, John ... the Republicans are selling their soul to win elections ... Mark my word ... if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem." -- Barry Goldwater as told to John Dean

gop-vs-religious-rights-7.gif

Santorum should be careful what he wishes for...

" Obama isn't running on his business prowess "

No kidding.
Yet, Obama has actual solutions, where Reversible Mittens just wants to cut taxes even further for him and his NASCAR Team-owning friends.

Obama has actual solutions? Okay, here's a news flash for you lefties. If a car is broken, you don't show up and want to hold hands and sing Kum-ba-yah to fix it. And a 6" pipe wrench is the wrong tool. You can pat yourself on the back for at least bringing something to the party, but it's still the WRONG TOOL. And you're going to have to DO SOMETHING. Even to lead would be a good start.

THE DEBT - SIXTEEN TRILLION dollars. It was nine trillion when he took office, which was way too much. In three years he has managed to make the debt LARGER than the gross domestic product of the United States of America. After calling nine trillion dollars "unpatriotic", he has successfully increased the debt to obscene levels. His response? Why to propose even more debt. Over a trillion in his new budget which even Harry Reid has REFUSED to bring up for a vote in the Senate.

HEALTHCARE - Obamacare is very possibily the absolute WORST piece of legislation in the history of this country. 75% of Americans want it repealed. Those who crafted this troll don't even pretend to tell anyone that it will save money any more, because the latest CBO numbers advise a cost of a TRILLION dollars per year to implement fully. That number continues to rise. Since it's passage, health care costs, which were SUPPOSED to decrease, are up across the board by 10%. The cost of the "pre-existing condition" section (which basically everyone agrees with but doesn't like the way Obamacare implements it), estimated to cost a little over $10,000 per instance before it's passage is now known to cost almost $30,000 per instance because of the way that Obamacare implements it. Small businesses will NOT hire because of this looming toad on the horizon. It's effect on small business is and when it fully implements in 2014 will be staggering.

UNEMPLOYMENT - Barry and his boys high-fived each other when the numbers came out at 8.3% last month. Unfortunately, the dirty little secret is out. It's closer to 20% if you figure in the chronically unemployed and those who have just given up. If you figure in those that are under employed it's really closer to 25%. Jeffrey Immelt, the CEO of GE, is Barry's point man for getting Americans back to work. His company opened TWO plants in China recently. It closed two plants in America. If you take office and 134 million Americans are employed and at three years you have only 132 million Americans employed, you can talk about all the jobs you created all day long. But guess what? You really haven't and all the creative book keeping in the world won't hide the simple truth.

ENTITLEMENTS - Use of food stamps is up 25%. Welfare, WIC, SSI, you name them and the rolls on these government hand out programs are bursting at the seams. Those who are unemployed and don't want to look? Why if you tell the Social Security office that you have "mental anguish" because of your unemployment, you can get SSI. Really? Barry called the "welfare reform" policy that Clinton signed, obscene.

FOREIGN POLICY - Iran is getting or already has the nuke. No one really knows. Since Barry won't do anything to correct the situation, most of our oil still comes through the Straight of Hormuz. And with Iran threatening to shut it down militarily, insurance for the tankers have went through the roof. And let's not forget the Somalia pirates and there effect in that region. Egypt is holding and is going to try Americans. There is Hamas and Hezbollah in South and Central America, thanks to Hugo and his pals in Iran. And like his brothers in the Senate, Barry can't stop apologizing to anyone who will listen.

ENERGY - Barry has to keep his enviro-wackos happy so he killed the Keystone pipeline, ANWAR is still off limits, he has killed the tar shale exploration, as is 90% of the continental shelf. Naturally, in killing the pipeline his people flood the blogs with absolutely incredibly STUPID stories that building the pipeline will INCREASE prices at the pump. Does anyone who has taken economics 101 even remotely believe this crap? Of some of the idiot statements that I have seen on this website, the insane parrotting of "talking points" is beyond comprehension.

I could go on and on. But here's the bottom line. In the latest Gallup poll (I know you lefties just LOVE polls) 65% of Americans believe that this country is going in the wrong direction. We can't afford 4 more years of the community organizer.

Last edited:
"GOD DAMN AMERICA!!" Remember The Dear Leader's racist Pastor nutter? Obama-Bots probably forgot about him. Seriously Bots, is Santorum really so bad? Ok, so he believes in God? What's so wrong with that? At least he still loves & respects his Country. And that's much more than can be said of Obama's Anti-American lunatic Pastor. Santorum's ok. The Left are just being petty Drama Queens over his spiritual faith. Just more manufactured feigned outrage. Time for Obama-Bots to reboot. This stuff is getting so stale & lame.

No kidding.
Yet, Obama has actual solutions, where Reversible Mittens just wants to cut taxes even further for him and his NASCAR Team-owning friends.

Obama has actual solutions? Okay, here's a news flash for you lefties. If a car is broken, you don't show up and want to hold hands and sing Kum-ba-yah to fix it. And a 6" pipe wrench is the wrong tool. You can pat yourself on the back for at least bringing something to the party, but it's still the WRONG TOOL. And you're going to have to DO SOMETHING. Even to lead would be a good start.

THE DEBT - SIXTEEN TRILLION dollars. It was nine trillion when he took office, which was way too much. In three years he has managed to make the debt LARGER than the gross domestic product of the United States of America. After calling nine trillion dollars "unpatriotic", he has successfully increased the debt to obscene levels. His response? Why to propose even more debt. Over a trillion in his new budget which even Harry Reid has REFUSED to bring up for a vote in the Senate.

the biggest current drivers of the debt and deficit are the tax cuts of 2001/2003, the wars in iraw and afghanistan, and medicare part d. out of those three things, which one did obama pass while president?

HEALTHCARE - Obamacare is very possibily the absolute WORST piece of legislation in the history of this country. 75% of Americans want it repealed. Those who crafted this troll don't even pretend to tell anyone that it will save money any more, because the latest CBO numbers advise a cost of a TRILLION dollars per year to implement fully. That number continues to rise. Since it's passage, health care costs, which were SUPPOSED to decrease, are up across the board by 10%. The cost of the "pre-existing condition" section (which basically everyone agrees with but doesn't like the way Obamacare implements it), estimated to cost a little over $10,000 per instance before it's passage is now known to cost almost $30,000 per instance because of the way that Obamacare implements it. Small businesses will NOT hire because of this looming toad on the horizon. It's effect on small business is and when it fully implements in 2014 will be staggering.
its actually about 37% for, 44% against and 19% undecided. but the number also fail to take into account the number of people against it because it was not a single payor system which is close to 15%. and health care costs have rised 400% since 1999, did you really think they were gonna stop or be slowed on their own? even the health care industry know the current model is no sustainable.

UNEMPLOYMENT - Barry and his boys high-fived each other when the numbers came out at 8.3% last month. Unfortunately, the dirty little secret is out. It's closer to 20% if you figure in the chronically unemployed and those who have just given up. If you figure in those that are under employed it's really closer to 25%. Jeffrey Immelt, the CEO of GE, is Barry's point man for getting Americans back to work. His company opened TWO plants in China recently. It closed two plants in America. If you take office and 134 million Americans are employed and at three years you have only 132 million Americans employed, you can talk about all the jobs you created all day long. But guess what? You really haven't and all the creative book keeping in the world won't hide the simple truth.
the GOP solution is to cut more taxes, cut more spending and eliminate more jobs. how exactly does this spur growth? what actual solution has the GOP offered? the keystone pipeline? 20,000 temporary jobs and a few hundred permanent jobs? lower corporate tax rates? give more tax breaks to wealthy to perpetuate trickle down economics? come back when you have a solution, instead of complaining about the problem.

ENTITLEMENTS - Use of food stamps is up 25%. Welfare, WIC, SSI, you name them and the rolls on these government hand out programs are bursting at the seams. Those who are unemployed and don't want to look? Why if you tell the Social Security office that you have "mental anguish" because of your unemployment, you can get SSI. Really? Barry called the "welfare reform" policy that Clinton signed, obscene.

for dimwits like you, food stamps and welfare increase during recessions. since this recession was the worst since the great depression, i dont see how this is unexpected.

FOREIGN POLICY - Iran is getting or already has the nuke. No one really knows. Since Barry won't do anything to correct the situation, most of our oil still comes through the Straight of Hormuz. And with Iran threatening to shut it down militarily, insurance for the tankers have went through the roof. And let's not forget the Somalia pirates and there effect in that region. Egypt is holding and is going to try Americans. There is Hamas and Hezbollah in South and Central America, thanks to Hugo and his pals in Iran. And like his brothers in the Senate, Barry can't stop apologizing to anyone who will listen.
so ending the war in iraq was bad, killing bin laden was bad, the new START treaty was awful, getting gaddaffi without losing any american lives was bad. and now you want to start a war with iran? genius GOP argument. we get less tham 10% of our oil from the middle east. since oil is a global commodity, even if we didnt import a drop from the middle east, we would see a price increase since its sold on the open market. maybe we should stop policing the world, and perpetuate the isolationist theory....

ENERGY - Barry has to keep his enviro-wackos happy so he killed the Keystone pipeline, ANWAR is still off limits, he has killed the tar shale exploration, as is 90% of the continental shelf. Naturally, in killing the pipeline his people flood the blogs with absolutely incredibly STUPID stories that building the pipeline will INCREASE prices at the pump. Does anyone who has taken economics 101 even remotely believe this crap? Of some of the idiot statements that I have seen on this website, the insane parrotting of "talking points" is beyond comprehension.
you can not drill your way out of this problem. oil is a finite resource, as it become more scare and demand increases, prices go up. thus renewable technologies such as solar, wind and hydropower must be explored. since youre referring the keystone pipeline, the southern section is actually being build. Obama never said he wouldnt approve the north section, but when the GOP push for an answer on a condensed timetable he said no. since the people of the state of nebraska (a GOP controlled state btw) said that it could have a negative affect on a huge aquifer. now, keystone is free to resubmit their application showing the route as well as the environmental impact, but it needs to be studied. look up all the oil spill associated with tar sands pipeline and the disasters is has caused to the environment. a little research and reading comprehension could do you well. i havent seen any stories or articles stating building the pipeline would increase prices at the pump, but it wouldnt do much to lower them either, at least in the short term. if canada really want to build the pipeline the shorter route is actually west to the pacific, but environmentalists in canada are worried about the environmental impact to the ecosystem and nixed that idea. hmmmm i wonder why

I could go on and on. But here's the bottom line. In the latest Gallup poll (I know you lefties just LOVE polls) 65% of Americans believe that this country is going in the wrong direction. We can't afford 4 more years of the community organizer.

see my comment in red.

the latest gallup poll show the following:

Obama Approval - 45%
Disapproval - 47%
basically a wash considering the sampling margain of error

heres a better breakdown:
Obama Job Approval

National adults 45%
18 to 29 - 55%
30 to 49 - 42%
50 to 64 - 43%
65+ - 38%
White - 37%
Nonwhite - 65%
Black - 86%
Hispanic - 51%
Democrat - 82%
Independent - 42%
Republican - 10%

the Gallup poll and direction of the country is 31% - 61%, although it does fail to say whom they public blames more, the president or congress, the dems or GOP. so its a bid vague. you have any more data on that?

No kidding.

if obama had actual solutions, the economy wouldn't still be in the shitter three years later.
Sure it would. You don't just snap back from a global economic meltdown overnight.

No kidding.

Nice wingnut rant. :lol:

And of course, none of it backed up with any links.
no.gif

and btw: polls have been proven to be accurate time and time again. Maybe that's why Lefties like them. We don't live in a bubble like the Rightwing Echo Chamber.

I snipped the rest because I want to ask you about the bolded: which businesses has he run? I don't know any.

Romney basically moved money around, buying and selling debt and the businesses that held that debt. Please show me what company he has run, where he had to hire and fire personnel, meet a payroll, and do all the mundane paperwork that is required to run a business in America.

Also, Romney has never run a small business - why do you think he has the first clue?
Show me where Obama has done any of that.

Or is that different? Somehow?
seeing as how no business has mandatory spending due to SS, Medicare, Medicare and defense, running a business and running a country are not similar, as much as youd like to think so.
And yet running a business demands wise spending of money.

Obama doesn't know anything about that. He thinks the sole purpose of tax dollars is to pay back big donors and special interest groups.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back