the gop: then and now

“In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other”
Mark Twain

one of the most discouraging things about the fact that people like goldwater are no longer in charge of the GOP, is that there is no distinct difference between the parties anymore. when he was around, you knew you were voting for a fiscal conservative. now, regardless of who we vote for, we get pretty much get the same thing. throw out a few wedge issues and the parties are identical. it may kill partisans to hear that, but it's true.

"the problem with quotes on the internet is that they are unreliable"
plato

I don't think it was Plato, it sounds more like Socrates

A lot of people make that mistake

SY4ri.jpg

sad what the party has become

The GOP keeps moving further to the right. In this Republican primary season, it seems to be more of a mad dash (with emphasis on the mad part) as opposed to a steady march. For anyone in the independent center or moderate middle of American politics who's paying relatively close attention to the GOP race for the Republican nomination, they're likely getting an overdose of "WTF?".

The American public is getting a close up view of American extremists from the right as they're attempting to take over one of our major political parties. That's a problem for Republicans because despite conservatives' projection that most people simply MUST share their views, Americans have a long history of eschewing extremism in national races.

It's odd to see the accusations of "the GOP has moved to the right" when, in fact, it's American politics which has moved to the left.

SY4ri.jpg

sad what the party has become

The GOP keeps moving further to the right. In this Republican primary season, it seems to be more of a mad dash (with emphasis on the mad part) as opposed to a steady march. For anyone in the independent center or moderate middle of American politics who's paying relatively close attention to the GOP race for the Republican nomination, they're likely getting an overdose of "WTF?".

The American public is getting a close up view of American extremists from the right as they're attempting to take over one of our major political parties. That's a problem for Republicans because despite conservatives' projection that most people simply MUST share their views, Americans have a long history of eschewing extremism in national races.

Yeah, right......just look at their candidates for president. :cuckoo:

its fun to watch all the "Conservatives" who are trying to claim he never said it.

if santorum wins the nominee all obama has to do is repeat this quote over and over in every ad and he will win at least 40 states.

It's odd to see the accusations of "the GOP has moved to the right" when, in fact, it's American politics which has moved to the left.

Just compare today's Republicans to Goldwater, Nixon, Ford and Rockefeller and tell me how far right Republicans have moved

Those guys would be drummed out of the party for being Marxists

Just compare today's Republicans to Goldwater, Nixon, Ford and Rockefeller and tell me how far right Republicans have moved

Those guys would be drummed out of the party for being Marxists

ruined by the social conservatives

hopefully santorum wins the R nominee and then gets slaughtered by obama. then the social con movement can finally die

its fun to watch all the "Conservatives" who are trying to claim he never said it.

if santorum wins the nominee all obama has to do is repeat this quote over and over in every ad and he will win at least 40 states.

i said that a couple of weeks ago. if the libs aren't secretly funding santorum, they're nuts.

To funny to watch the rethugs try and deny what their messenger from God is saying.
I don't need a messenger from God. I can read the Bible.
Face it ya'll. Santorum is not going to be President. Ever. He is an idiot. And Taliban like.
Taliban-like? Man, you morons sure are mindlessly repeating your programming.
We will not put up with that kind of bull shit in America.
I put up with your bullshit. Man up, Skippy.

Please quote the conservative that said he didn't say it plz.

cuz all I've seen are requests for a link. [which I got, confirming santorum is a liberal]

This graphic, and you by posting it, spit on the graves of the people murdered and oppressed by the Taliban.
Your opinion is noted as worthless.

THIS is what the Taliban does, you fucking retard:

t1largbibi-vi.jpg

4847397734_388206cca5_o.jpg

large_VictimsAfterAfghanistan_Violence_Meye.JPG

But you don't give a shit about them, do you, you fucking retard?

I used to question leftists' patriotism. Now I question their humanity.

As an evangelical Christian conservative and member of the Tea Party, I feel compelled to respond here. For some reason, those on the left feel that people like me would just LOVE Rick Santorum to be the nominee for President of the United States from the GOP. Nothing could be farther from the truth. And here's why.

Rick Santorum has ZERO business sense. Romney has run businesses, he has come in and turned around sinking ships and made them profitable.

I snipped the rest because I want to ask you about the bolded: which businesses has he run? I don't know any.

Romney basically moved money around, buying and selling debt and the businesses that held that debt. Please show me what company he has run, where he had to hire and fire personnel, meet a payroll, and do all the mundane paperwork that is required to run a business in America.

Also, Romney has never run a small business - why do you think he has the first clue?
Show me where Obama has done any of that.

Or is that different? Somehow?

As an evangelical Christian conservative and member of the Tea Party, I feel compelled to respond here. For some reason, those on the left feel that people like me would just LOVE Rick Santorum to be the nominee for President of the United States from the GOP. Nothing could be farther from the truth. And here's why.

Rick Santorum has ZERO business sense. Romney has run businesses, he has come in and turned around sinking ships and made them profitable.

I snipped the rest because I want to ask you about the bolded: which businesses has he run? I don't know any.

Romney basically moved money around, buying and selling debt and the businesses that held that debt. Please show me what company he has run, where he had to hire and fire personnel, meet a payroll, and do all the mundane paperwork that is required to run a business in America.

Also, Romney has never run a small business - why do you think he has the first clue?
Show me where Obama has done any of that.

Or is that different? Somehow?
seeing as how no business has mandatory spending due to SS, Medicare, Medicare and defense, running a business and running a country are not similar, as much as youd like to think so.

This graphic, and you by posting it, spit on the graves of the people murdered and oppressed by the Taliban.
Your opinion is noted as worthless.

[daveman tries to shock USMB, while pretending to give a shit about Afghans]

And what does that have to do with your opinion being worthless? You're a fucking hack.

You don't think Santorum would love to do the Western, civilized versions of those photos?

And some of the fringe that Santorum speaks to are just as bad - got any photos of George Tiller's murdered body? How about Dr. David Gunn? What about Dr. John Britton? Got any pics of him lying there with his face blown off from a 12 gauge shotgun?

Forum List

Back