******* The Goodness of GOD *******

Did I state that? Changing statements others made is no way to get your point across and only proves to make you look foolish. If you want actual debate, you will find it hard to achieve with those tactics.

See the bolded part? Remember you wrote it? So I could sin all my life and repent 5 seconds before I die and accept JC as my savior and I'm in heaven!

That is true but you still misquoted me as I never stated we can do anything we want. However, based on your statement, you must be a believer though not following the teachings of Christ. I'll pray for you!

So if we can't do anything we want, then what sins did jc die for if not mine?

See the bolded part? Remember you wrote it? So I could sin all my life and repent 5 seconds before I die and accept JC as my savior and I'm in heaven!

That is true but you still misquoted me as I never stated we can do anything we want. However, based on your statement, you must be a believer though not following the teachings of Christ. I'll pray for you!

To "sin" means to miss the mark. Jesus died for the sins which we commit in ignorance. There is no sacrifice for "practiced" sins of those who know the truth.

Psalms 23:1-6
-1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
-2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
-3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
-4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
-5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
-6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

You truly are lost. As I stated, I will pray for you.

To "sin" means to miss the mark. Jesus died for the sins which we commit in ignorance. There is no sacrifice for "practiced" sins of those who know the truth.

Thank you but you realize Hister is only trying to taunt and seems to have no real interest in Christianity.

Thank you but you realize Hister is only trying to taunt and seems to have no real interest in Christianity.

Yes, probably. I just like to let them all know that God's salvation is waiting for them. He is just waiting for them to accept it.

It is God who seeks us out. Some day hopefully, Hister will open the door.:eusa_angel:

Ill take this to mean that you don't know. I'm not taunting anyone, just trying to see if anyone knows what they're talking about. Which rules you out.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6
[/SIZE]

So jesus was pretty full of himself, kinda like Jim Jones.:lol:

And again you fail to answer the question: So if we can't do any sins we want, then what sins did jc die for if not mine? And which sins are we not allowed to get redemption for?

Ill take this to mean that you don't know. I'm not taunting anyone, just trying to see if anyone knows what they're talking about. Which rules you out.

Because someone on a message board (you), does not understand salvation in no way means I don't know what I'm talking about. At this point your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. BTW insults are the last desperate try in any debate.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6
[/size]

So jesus was pretty full of himself, kinda like Jim Jones.:lol:

No comparison. Jim Jones was a coward who took the lives hundreds. Jesus came to die for all humanity that we may live.

John 10:7-18
-7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
-8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
-9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
-10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
-11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
-12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
-13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
-14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
-15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
-16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
-17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
-18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

And again you fail to answer the question: So if we can't do any sins we want, then what sins did jc die for if not mine? And which sins are we not allowed to get redemption for?

I answered it already. See the following post...;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2687437-post122.html

Light, all your quotes are from a pompous condescending guy as in "I am...", "only through me...", like "I am a door, those who enter through me are saved...". Dude's pretty full of himself.

jeff: you have no clue about redemption. I once heard a priest get asked why he allowed a hell's angel member to have a church funeral and he said: maybe the guy repented and accepted jesus as his saviour a split second before he died. So I can do what the fuck I want, then ask for forgiveness as I die and everything will be cool in heaven.

Light, all your quotes are from a pompous condescending guy as in "I am...", "only through me...", like "I am a door, those who enter through me are saved...". Dude's pretty full of himself.

It is kinda hard to be full of yourself when you give your life up to be tortured and crucified for sins you never committed. I would call that selflessness.

It is us who are selfish to think we can get to heaven based on our works.

jeff: you have no clue about redemption. I once heard a priest get asked why he allowed a hell's angel member to have a church funeral and he said: maybe the guy repented and accepted jesus as his saviour a split second before he died. So I can do what the fuck I want, then ask for forgiveness as I die and everything will be cool in heaven.

You sure can. But again, you never know when you are going to die and you never know if you will have a chance to repent.

And why would you want to wait anyway? Christ came to set us free from the curses of this world. He didn't say that we would be without tribulation but he promised that we could be overcomers if we place our trust in him.

Heaven isn't just people playing harps on clouds. It is a place in which their are levels just like here on earth. To those who are overcomers and faithful to the Lord they are given crowns and rule and reign with Christ. Not only that but our treasure in heaven is based on how we use his gift in our lives here on earth.

So you could accept Christ the split second before you die (if you knew when that was) but would you really want to enter heaven eternally poor?

Sorry, but jesus was cruxified because the romans were afraid of what he was stirring up with his pompous speeches. But i think the worst part has to be placing him up on the cross in his undies. How embarrassing is that?

You're following the pope so you can get a crown when you get to heaven? :lol:
If christ came to free us from the curses of this world, he sure didn't doing a very good job of that since we still have disease, war...

Yer kidding. The other day, I got another taste of "God's goodness" . God wasn't playing very nice when he allows the slaughter of innocent people for no obvious reason. It's almost like god is playing hide and seek. And random acts of violence and brutality convince me there just isn't a supreme being. Or, if god does exist, it's a bloody sadist. What amazes me is that anyone can spout pro-religious nonsense in this day and age.

Yer kidding. The other day, I got another taste of "God's goodness" . God wasn't playing very nice when he allows the slaughter of innocent people for no obvious reason. It's almost like god is playing hide and seek. And random acts of violence and brutality convince me there just isn't a supreme being. Or, if god does exist, it's a bloody sadist. What amazes me is that anyone can spout pro-religious nonsense in this day and age.

God did not create the world this way, and one day will set all things right again. God is not allowing those things to happen. When you understand that the world, in the beginning, was not like it is now. When man first went against God's instructions and sinned, that sin brought with it the problems of the world today. The "random acts of violence" are brought about because of the sinful nature of man not God.

Sorry, but jesus was cruxified because the romans were afraid of what he was stirring up with his pompous speeches. But i think the worst part has to be placing him up on the cross in his undies. How embarrassing is that?

You're following the pope so you can get a crown when you get to heaven? :lol:
If christ came to free us from the curses of this world, he sure didn't doing a very good job of that since we still have disease, war...

Disease, war and etc were brought about by man, not God. The sinful nature of man has the world in the poor shape it is in. If man had followed God's original instructions we would have none of this. You are placing the blame of everything bad the wrong way.

I love you, jeffrokit. You are my brother from another mother. Two weeks ago, I helped a dying girl struck by a car, now. God wasn't there, and there wasn't a sign of god's mercy for that matter. No angels or heavenly chorus, nothing. People just drove by like nothing happened. God WAS NOT THERE. End of subject. Remember colonel Dan flipping God off? I do that every day I wake up now.

I love you, jeffrokit. You are my brother from another mother. Two weeks ago, I helped a dying girl struck by a car, now. God wasn't there, and there wasn't a sign of god's mercy for that matter. No angels or heavenly chorus, nothing. People just drove by like nothing happened. God WAS NOT THERE. End of subject. Remember colonel Dan flipping God off? I do that every day I wake up now.

You know in absolutely in your made up tale that God was not there?
I'll pray for you.

Forum List

Back