******* The Goodness of GOD *******

God knew all of us before we were born. Each of us have the choice to accept or reject Christ. The choice that we make determines what our destiny will be and it is the Lord's to use us in the way he will whether for good or evil based on our choice.
So deformed and cancer ridden babies have chosen badly?

No, it is Satan's goal to steal kill and destroy. While he walked this earth God expressed his desire that all men would be made whole. And there is more to being whole than just having a healthy body. While God's desire is that you are healthy physically, he has a far greater desire that you be made whole spiritually. Everyone who is born is born in Adam and is dead already. You must become born again before you can inherit eternal life. In the new heaven and new earth there will be no sickness and death because sin will be no longer. There will be many people in heaven that had terrible physical conditions on this earth even many babies who were aborted, while there will be many people in hell that had perfect health on this earth. Eternity is a much more significant focus. What we do here on this earth in our short lives (Psalm 90, James 4:14, Matthew 25, 1 Corinthians 9:24, and Hebrews 12:1) is by the blessing of the Lord's mercy and should be for the Lord's glory. Our walk on this earth is not to satisfy our flesh but to deny ourselves.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
(John 12:24-26 KJV)
That's a lot of dancing around there buddy. So god has no control over babies being born deformed or with cancer?

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
(John 3:3-21 KJV)

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
(John 3:3-21 KJV)
More dancing around there buddy. So god has no control over babies being born deformed or with cancer?

This is so absurd. If you belive in a all knowing devine creator, it implies god made evil and knows eveything. Why tourture us poor mortals with all this suffering and mortality?

More dancing around there buddy. So god has no control over babies being born deformed or with cancer?

It doesn't matter what I say, because you don't believe what I say and have consistently ignored it.

You are trying to mix systems of thought to disprove something you hate. You, who is a moral relativist, cannot claim that cancer is bad to prove god isn't good because there is no such thing as good or bad in a moral relativistic world.

This is so absurd. If you belive in a all knowing devine creator, it implies god made evil and knows eveything. Why tourture us poor mortals with all this suffering and mortality?

The developers of this forum included spell check but some people don't use it. Doesn't mean the developers are to blame.
The developers of this forum don't pretend to have created everything in the universe. Please try again.

It doesn't matter what I say, because you don't believe what I say and have consistently ignored it.

You are trying to mix systems of thought to disprove something you hate. You, who is a moral relativist, cannot claim that cancer is bad to prove god isn't good because there is no such thing as good or bad in a moral relativistic world.
You should go on Dancing With The Stars. All you need is a star to dance with. :D

God made kids born deformed or with cancer like that on purpose. The question would be why?

The developers of this forum included spell check but some people don't use it. Doesn't mean the developers are to blame.
Extending your analogy, flawed as it is, why are your gawds such incompetent "designers".

On the other hand, if we are to believe that your gawds are Omni-everything, we have to accept that evil is of your gawds. therefore, that "design" for the blueprint of the cancer cell falls squarely at the hands of the gawds.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
(Psalms 53:1 KJV)

Psalms 53:1 KJV(a). The spammer will'eth cut and paste'th silly bible verses when he'eth is utterly befuddled.

Thanks for reading. Hope you take heed. It is your eternal destiny that is at stake.
Do your gawds approve of you making thinly veiled threats on their behalf?

Such behavior will not be tolerated by the gawds. The gawds will make you an offer you can't refuse, capice?

He is a father so loving, he tortured and killed his only son.
Eagle, If I prove to you that that isn't true, will you stop saying it?
Let's go right to the source and see what He said about it. Christ said no one took His life. That He laid it down of His own volition, and took it back up the same way. He had permission from His Father to do so, and He did.
Christ disagrees with your statement.

Dante, you spanked no one. Lots of men claimed to be the Messiah, yet only one cured blindness, deformities, and loved His brethren, like Christ. That is why His word will never pass away, and why no one remembers the other guys......

riku, God prefers constant love and forgiveness as opposed to the Jewish Laws you refer to. Christ fulfilled those laws, so you don't have to. God wants to be our Father, not our Judge. Fathers forgive, Judges condemn. Those Laws were given to a specific group of people, not you.

And Coyote, I'm curious, who are you referring to when you say you are seeing bashing committed? I see very reserved Christian responses to the rather taunting non Christian posts.

Hello Hollie............

Forum List

Back