The Federal Bailout That Saved Mitt Romney

Again, with taxpayer money!

Yes, the taxpayers got 30 cents on the dollar when they could have received zero. If you want to make the ultra-conservative argument that we should disband the FDIC, feel free. The hard right here would agree with you wholeheartedly. Until that time, understand that hundreds of billions of dollars worth of deposits have been backstopped by the FDIC. If you think the government shouldn't do that, please be intellectually honest enough to say so. Otherwise, its hypocritical to blast Bain for negotiating the best deal it could and pretending that this is a bailout. It is not.

Where is it written that the consultants can't be paid by the principles, out of their own pockets? God forbid that Mitt should have to play/risk with his own money, right?

Again, when I see the Left arguing that employees should give up their compensation voluntarily to pay back loans, I'll give this argument more credence rather than the political hatchet piece that it is.

Yes I would say so.

The article stated " In fact, Bain & Company was only rescued from the brink of collapse by the federal government. "

The fact is, the FDIC is an independent agency of the federal government. The FDIC receives no Congressional appropriations – it is funded by premiums that banks and thrift institutions pay for deposit insurance coverage and from earnings on investments in U.S. Treasury securities

FALSE.

What does the 'F' in FDIC stand for?

Even worse, the federal bailout ultimately engineered by Romney screwed the FDIC – the bank insurance system backed by taxpayers – out of at least $10 million. And in an added insult, Romney rewarded top executives at Bain with hefty bonuses at the very moment that he was demanding his handout from the feds.

Using that logic, Federal Express is an arm of the government as is, Federal American Eagle which makes ammunition.
Except that FED-EX isn't backed by the U.S. taxpayers, dumbass.

New Topics

Forum List

Back