The earth is how old?

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

It didn't matter in the 2012 elections... I just thought this was a good example

You check out the Science and Technology thread. Some of our 'Conservative' regulars are telling us that evolution is a Marxist plot.:lol:

The interviewer obviously was asking him a gotcha questions and frankly, were I Rubio I'd have been insulted by it. He should have just ended the interview at that point rather than dance around the question in a pathetic attempt to not offend anyone. He just ended up looking like a fool.

It's only a gotcha question if you are an idiot. If you know the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old, then you answer the question, "It's 4.5 billion years old." Done.

But Rubio is an idiot, and the reporter knows it. Rubio is so cowardly he is afraid to offend stupid people.

I appreciate it when idiot cowards are exposed as such. That is exactly what the media is supposed to do.

There was no reason for the question to be asked at all. It was childish and meant to insult the man's religion as well as make fun of conservatives in general. Personally, I think Rubio is a smart enough guy to know it's more than ten thousand years old.

It was intended to expose Rubio's real nature. Do you want the media to suck up to politicians?

They are the last watchdogs of our freedom, and they have been doing a real shitty job of it lately.

His answer sounded like your typical politician, attempting to not upset his base, not someone who actually believes in creationism. It's a bit sad that his base consists of enough people who believe the earth is 6,000 years old that he felt the need to pander to them.

His answer demonstrates he is a follower. A manager at best.

A leader would not be afraid to tell his base the truth.

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

why would anyone normal trust someone that ignorant with those other issues?

why not, you trust Obama and all the idiot Democrats in your party..

my gawd, with all the important things to frikken worry over in this country

His answer sounded like your typical politician, attempting to not upset his base, not someone who actually believes in creationism. It's a bit sad that his base consists of enough people who believe the earth is 6,000 years old that he felt the need to pander to them.

It is sad that he believes that is neccessary. Perhaps someone should ask Christie the same question. Be interesting to see what the answer would be. They that gladly suffer fools look to be fools themselves.

It didn't matter in the 2012 elections... I just thought this was a good example

You check out the Science and Technology thread. Some of our 'Conservative' regulars are telling us that evolution is a Marxist plot.:lol:

There's a lot of trash that needs to be taken out.

A lot. It was a long drunken party, the Bush years.

Typical political BS.
He knows he won't get the republican nomination if he shows that he believes that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. He wants president, so he said a middle-ground statement.

Those that deny reality in one sphere will deny it in others. The GOP has demonstrated in the last two decades a disdain and willfull ignorance of science. So why should we trust people that tolerate such foolishness in that sphere with our economic well being. We all remember 2008.

Typical political BS.
He knows he won't get the republican nomination if he shows that he believes that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. He wants president, so he said a middle-ground statement.

That ideology is absurd. Thats why I made this thread. The GOP has got to get "hip". Its 2012 for cryin out loud.

Some questions separate the wheat from the chaff.

A faith-based politician is going to pursue faith-based policy, facts and evidence be damned.

A reality-based politician versed in things like math, logical reasoning, evaluating ideas based on evidence, and so on will probably apply those principles in his approach to policy.

So you think liberals are "reality based?"

that's utterly hilarious!

"How old is the Earth" is one of those questions. If Rubio isn't qualified to comment on the age of the earth because he's not a scientist, he's not going to be particularly useful on economic matters either because, newsflash, he's not a fucking economist, either. So the relevant question is whether he has a working brain in his head. And so far that's looking questionable.

Rubio was dancing around the question because he doesn't want to offend the fundies. One thing I have to agree with is that the Republican Party doesn't need any more fundies running for office. They are going to destroy the party with their idiocies about creationism and abortion.

Those that deny reality in one sphere will deny it in others. The GOP has demonstrated in the last two decades a disdain and willfull ignorance of science. So why should we trust people that tolerate such foolishness in that sphere with our economic well being. We all remember 2008.

As a country, we elected obama again. That seems foolish

Maybe God created the earth six thousand years ago and then created the illusion that it is billions of years old.

Always did have a sense of humor, that One!

That theory is even more absurd.

That you live in the 21st century and state that is the crowning absurdity.

Again, as long as people like you have major influence in the direction of the GOP, it is a doomed party.

you can't even pretend to have a discussion, can you?

poor obama deranged steffie.

Yeah don't bother reading what he actually said go with the Obama Context Filter and Distortion Field

Rubio was dancing around the question because he doesn't want to offend the fundies. One thing I have to agree with is that the Republican Party doesn't need any more fundies running for office. They are going to destroy the party with their idiocies about creationism and abortion.

pretending?

or does he not want to offend normal people by not acknowledging how old the earth is?

either way.... it isn't pretty.

time for you guys to cut loose your radical religious right loony toons.

Some people believe that a wisp of CO2 is melting the ice caps and turning the oceans to acid...how weird is that?

Why cant we find someone that stands by their beliefs? Quit trying to make your donors happy and focus on the Country! The donors will come you fuckin vaginas.

Forum List

Back