The earth is how old?

Maybe God created the earth six thousand years ago and then created the illusion that it is billions of years old.

Always did have a sense of humor, that One!

That theory is even more absurd.

All right! OK! I apologize! Never did I think anyone would take that as other than a slight bit of levity in this absurd discussion.

It is not, however, much more ridiculous than what some people apparently really do believe.

That should be shocking.

Why isn't it?

In a sense, the universe does come into being with one's birth and ends with one's death.

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

Why do you find it necessary to post deliberately misleading "information?" If you actually read the attached article, you would have found that Rubio said nothing of the kind about the earth being 6-10,000 years old. In fact, he was referring to the allegorical nature of the Bible, where a "day" could mean a billion years. (Days hadn't yet been created.)

Sadly, disseminating this kind of misinformation is typical of Obama supporters.

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

Why do you find it necessary to post deliberately misleading "information?" If you actually read the attached article, you would have found that Rubio said nothing of the kind about the earth being 6-10,000 years old. In fact, he was referring to the allegorical nature of the Bible, where a "day" could mean a billion years. (Days hadn't yet been created.)

Sadly, disseminating this kind of misinformation is typical of Obama supporters.

If you would have read what I wrote, I didnt say anything about Rubio. I was just using that article as a base. I am not an obama supporter btw. I cant stand that scum!

Rubio did not say the Earth is 10,000 years old or younger. He said it was an issue to be debated by scholars and that he is not a scholar on the issue.

As for what "most scientists" believe about the age of the Earth, do you have any idea how many times "most scientists" have been proven wrong and have had to "reevaluate" their dogmatic statements? Personally, I believe the Earth is very old, far older than 10,000 years, but to dogmatically defend a figure like this or that billions of years old is really just putting out a bunch of speculation.

Look at the downright silly climate-change claims that many scientists were making 10 years ago that have had to be walked back or abandoned.

C3: IPCC Climate Change: The Bogus Claims of Catastrophic Sea Level Rise, Pacific Ocean Edition

Last edited:
Oh gad more liberal faux outrage. The age of the Earth and Evolution are two things that don't mean a hill of beans. The liberals, who say they are all open minded, accept nothing other then EVERYONE believing EXACTLY as they do. They believe in evolution as if it is an explanation of how life began on Earth. By definition that is impossible for evolution to explain but any other explanation has to be rejected by the liberal God hating left.

Obama claims to be Christian, that means, if he is to be believed, he believes in the resurrection of the physical body of Jesus Christ. Does that upset the liberal left?

Rubio answered set up question and you liberals just have to destroy another minority, it is inbred. After all you have your black friend in the WH.

SMH

If you would have read what I wrote, I didnt say anything about Rubio. I was just using that article as a base. I am not an obama supporter btw. I cant stand that scum!

negged & put on ignore :cool:

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

Actually, It does say a lot.

it tells me about the man's reasoning skills.

To be a Young Earth Creationist, you have to ignore a LOT of evidence to validate your world-view.

You pretty much have to pretend there were no dinosaurs.

So if Rubio isn't just sucking up to the Rubes and really, really thinks the world is only 6000 years old, then I have to honestly wonder how he is going to address other issues... Ones that require looking at data, analyzing evidence and making decisions.

Oh gad more liberal faux outrage. The age of the Earth and Evolution are two things that don't mean a hill of beans. The liberals, who say they are all open minded, accept nothing other then EVERYONE believing EXACTLY as they do. They believe in evolution as if it is an explanation of how life began on Earth. By definition that is impossible for evolution to explain but any other explanation has to be rejected by the liberal God hating left.

Obama claims to be Christian, that means, if he is to be believed, he believes in the resurrection of the physical body of Jesus Christ. Does that upset the liberal left?

Rubio answered set up question and you liberals just have to destroy another minority, it is inbred. After all you have your black friend in the WH.

Actually, it kind of is an important issue.

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists and other people who think scientific fact disproves their sky pixie.

That Rubio either believes that or is willing to pander to it is sort of a disqualifier.

Rubio did not say the Earth is 10,000 years old or younger. He said it was an issue to be debated by scholars and that he is not a scholar on the issue.

As for what "most scientists" believe about the age of the Earth, do you have any idea how many times "most scientists" have been proven wrong and have had to "reevaluate" their dogmatic statements? Personally, I believe the Earth is very old, far older than 10,000 years, but to dogmatically defend a figure like this or that billions of years old is really just putting out a bunch of speculation.

Look at the downright silly climate-change claims that many scientists were making 10 years ago that have had to be walked back or abandoned.

C3: IPCC Climate Change: The Bogus Claims of Catastrophic Sea Level Rise, Pacific Ocean Edition

The "scientists once believed the Earth was flat and they were wrong" argument, eh?

:lol:

Coddling stupid idiots, whether they be birthers or conspiracy nutters or Young Earth Creationists, in order to get their votes while alienating the thinking population is a losing proposition. Is he so retarded that he did not get that message from the election?

Cut the stupid fucks loose. They will either catch up or evolution will take care of them.

The "message from the election" was most certainly NOT to become democrat-lite. Respecting the religious beliefs of others even if you don't share them may be a foreign concept to no-class leftists, but not everyone else.

Most people or circles I am aware of who do not believe life evolved but was created as complete species by God do not ascribe to a young earth contention as well. So in all those cases you cannot call it "creationist B.S." because we all say the earth is less than 10,000 years old. In fact, I do not doubt for a second that God could not have commanded life to come about via evolution, not at all. The reasons I reject evolution is because your evidence is weak. The fossils are against you. Plus everything is so nice and tidy since man has been around... how convenient.

But like I said, I really don't care if they teach evolution in schools or not, just don't you all try to sell us there was no intelligent designer. I cannot deal with irrational thought.

And if you think abortion is another silly affair, well, I wouldn't worry to much about being wrong on evolution, that one is no sin.

(just my opinion or beliefs)

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

Rubio is supposed to be the great hope of the GObP future and yet, he said this -

... I think that's a dispute amongst theologians ...

The pubs aren't gonna learn from their drubbing that they need intelligent and educated candidates to run against the intelligent and educated Ds. They're just gonna keep running the flat earther bible thumpers and prove that Santorum was right that 'they'll never get the smart ones'.

Americans rate last in science and math. A large part of the reason is the willful ignorance of Creationists and other people who think scientific fact disproves their sky pixie.

From the looks of it there is a lot of willful ignorance to go around. Scientific fact is a rather large body of information --- 99.9999999999% of which almost all agree on, including Christians. Maybe you need to grasp reality if you really want to improve our childrens' math and science scores. Hint: Obama's assurance that more money will solve the problem is pretty lame.

But fyi, if evolution happened and not creationism, it was still done by the hand of our "sky pixie" so your argument bears no value.

Forum List

Back