Our New Speaker Thinks the Earth is 6,000 Years Old

God, creator of the earth, sent his only son Jesus to explain to the rest of the family of mankind what God requires of people. If you don't know what that is now, you should read the Good Book's discussion in the book of Micah as to what God requires of mankind. Specifically, Micah 6:8, which says "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

I like to think of the ten Commandments when I consider what is just--it's a good way to act when you don't know what to do.

Christ saw people not understanding the old testament, so he told his followers the two most important points of the good behaviors the 10 Commandments require, sent to man from the heart of God. Christ pointe out that the Lord God is best understood if you "Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. And a second important point Christ said is to "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself." IOW, Be nice to other people at all times. In other words, see that your neighbor gets justice when he's feeling low. IOW, raise up your neighbor's chances of success. and cut the crap of any real or imagined enmity of her or him. We should show mercy and kindness to everyone. Life has its challenges, but one of the best ways to meet and overcome challenges is to kill meanness with kindness. I can't explain it better than the Lord Christ, God's won did--just love your neighbor in the same way you care for yourself. Be good tp 'em. One thing you could do to start off is to forgive my typos. and it's getting harder to see the computer screen at age 77 than it was when I was a lot younger. Mac, we don't always win our challenges. We forget basic stuff sometimes, and we fuss at the dog when he lands on our toes. Why? Because we all come short of the glory of God who requests only 10 major things to behave ourselves and if we don't "get it," then just love our neighbors and treat them with respect. :huddle:
Your neighbor… is a very broad phrase.

It does not mean the family living next door.

It means everyone.

That includes illegal immigrants.

You down with that? Jesus is.

I don't know how you can do what you're doing. Sorry.
I can't take credit for what my parents and grandparents did for me. Firstly, they believed in God, and they were taught by their parents to fear disobedience. Both of my parents were children and grandchildren of Christian ministers. They made sure my brothers, sisters, and me attended Sunday school and Church Services when we were old enough to pay attention to the sermons. They treated other people with respect, and they didn't have one single enemy in the neighborhood. Mama took meals to them when they were sick, and Dad supported her every act of kindness with love and kindness, if not gratitude that he married a person like her. Nowadays, we don't know our neighbors as well as we used to, but I take their side of things when they are right, which is most of the time. People in the country haven't forgotten God at all. They pray for rain when it's dry, and for sunshine when knee deep in mud. I respect that. And when market times roll around, they have good things to sell. Eggs. Beef cows, porkers, chickens, down pillows, handicrafts at yearly rodeos including popcorn, kitdchen coverall aprons, and mountains of treats--pies, cookies, cakes, homemade chili, smoked and cooked spareribs,, you name it, It brings home the bacon for country people who counted on God to level the field for their crops and livestock.

I excelled at school and at the behest of Mrs. White in my third grade Sunday School class, to love God and read his word when I could. My mother gave me a bible for my graduation gift. I loved it more than anyone can say. I credit my parents for having the courage to make me act right and pay attention to others at school in a way that created a love for education. And later, when I had children of my own, I volunteered to teach Sunday School. I read the bible from cover to cover 3 times, and I love reading it when I watch videos of people who believe in God quote a scripture, so I can see the context it is given in. Unfortunately, I did not inherit my grandpa's gift of a photographic memory, so I had to work a little harder at learning about God by reading and trying to resolve issues in a way God would approve of. And, as all of you know, sometimes I mess up by throwing the book at someone who asks fer it. lol God surely has a sense of humor, because he always loves, always forgives, and frequently disciplines our naughty butts. That's because he loves us and wants us to tell the truth and be good citizens to our fellow man.

Your neighbor… is a very broad phrase.

It does not mean the family living next door.

It means everyone.

That includes illegal immigrants.

You down with that? Jesus is.
Jesus answered the "who is my neighbor" question with a parable. I challenge you to find it in the Bible, because it's all there.

Live in families are one thing. After one leaves the nest, it's usually up to them whether they're brothers or neighbors.

"It means everyone" Not necessarily. those who rail against God are not believers in God. Christ taught us to when we pray, pray to God the Father. And it's very acceptable to pray to God through Christ the Lord, his son. It's a spiritual matter, and I am not allowed to judge others because while humans are alive, some of us think God isn't finished with them or any of us yet, for that matter..

Jesus answered the "who is my neighbor" question with a parable. I challenge you to find it in the Bible, because it's all there.

Live in families are one thing. After one leaves the nest, it's usually up to them whether they're brothers or neighbors.

"It means everyone" Not necessarily. those who rail against God are not believers in God. Christ taught us to when we pray, pray to God the Father. And it's very acceptable to pray to God through Christ the Lord, his son. It's a spiritual matter, and I am not allowed to judge others because while humans are alive, some of us think God isn't finished with them or any of us yet, for that matter..
A. Most illegals are staunch Catholics and “believers”

B. You judge ALL the time

A. Most illegals are staunch Catholics and “believers”

B. You judge ALL the time
Are you sure you aren't judging me and others? Discernment is not the judgment of God Almighty, and far from it.

Having a different perspective than an adversary is principle, not judgment. You have never heard me tell someone else "You are going to hell." The reason that is, is because I think that is God's job if he so chooses. Uncertainty is shadowed by what God told Moses the prophet who he was, which is to say, he told Moses "I am who I am." In other words, believers are well advised to let God do his own job. As Psalms 100 tells us "Know ye that He is God, and not we ourselves. We are his people, and the sheep of his Pasture." You can say whatever you care to say in a free speech society as ours, but I reserve the right to love and respect God for who he is, and not one human being has ever been his equal except for the son he whose life he gave to teach his believers mercy and kindness, and prayers to the Lord God himself. Christ responded by being merciful to his executioners by submitting to humiliating words against him., bearing the pain of having his hands and feet nailed to a cross for excess hatred his enemies had against him from start to finish. He told believers not to worry, that he was the lamb of sacrifice God needed him to be to save sinners like me be forgiven and live eternally in his spiritual realm not because of my good works, but because Christ has mercy, God has mercy, and so do other believers who know who we pray to, which is "Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, On earth as it is in Heaven. We do the best we can for others, but at the end of our life, God is our help and our strength, through Jesus Christ and many prophets who knew God personally and who now live and reigh with God in Heaven, just like he promised.

Lesh, I saw Catholics feeding the poor in a community that had no open food closet for hungry people. They worked through the Sisters of the Poor, who are Catholics who obeyed God's will in every way. They gave their kindness, love, kitchen work, and food to people who had no other resources, may have been thrown out by their parents and friends who couldn't forgive them as God required. I think that God blessed the Sisters of the Poor for life. Many of them could have been movie stars, Congressional representatives, Corporation presidents with a lot of mouths to feed, on and on, but they simply spent their lives in poverty giving all they had to share God's gifts through a meal and lovingkind frienships.

Although I am not a Catholic, I donated to their food fund, and they acted like I was better person than I am. They blessed me, a Presbyterian church school teacher, and I loved the job they were doing to help poor people in our city, where winters lasted for eight to ten months a year, and summers were idyllic for everyone but those who hungered and thirsted for reasons unknown. It's a challenge to spend a day a week feeding the poor, but some people do that as a discipline because God chose them to overcome the usual prejudices people have for people who can't hold a job, have a diseased mind, or who haven't encountered God's love yet.

Are you sure you aren't judging me and others? Discernment is not the judgment of God Almighty, and far from it.

Having a different perspective than an adversary is principle, not judgment. You have never heard me tell someone else "You are going to hell." The reason that is, is because I think that is God's job if he so chooses. Uncertainty is shadowed by what God told Moses the prophet who he was, which is to say, he told Moses "I am who I am." In other words, believers are well advised to let God do his own job. As Psalms 100 tells us "Know ye that He is God, and not we ourselves. We are his people, and the sheep of his Pasture." You can say whatever you care to say in a free speech society as ours, but I reserve the right to love and respect God for who he is, and not one human being has ever been his equal except for the son he whose life he gave to teach his believers mercy and kindness, and prayers to the Lord God himself. Christ responded by being merciful to his executioners by submitting to humiliating words against him., bearing the pain of having his hands and feet nailed to a cross for excess hatred his enemies had against him from start to finish. He told believers not to worry, that he was the lamb of sacrifice God needed him to be to save sinners like me be forgiven and live eternally in his spiritual realm not because of my good works, but because Christ has mercy, God has mercy, and so do other believers who know who we pray to, which is "Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, On earth as it is in Heaven. We do the best we can for others, but at the end of our life, God is our help and our strength, through Jesus Christ and many prophets who knew God personally and who now live and reigh with God in Heaven, just like he promised.

Lesh, I saw Catholics feeding the poor in a community that had no open food closet for hungry people. They worked through the Sisters of the Poor, who are Catholics who obeyed God's will in every way. They gave their kindness, love, kitchen work, and food to people who had no other resources, may have been thrown out by their parents and friends who couldn't forgive them as God required. I think that God blessed the Sisters of the Poor for life. Many of them could have been movie stars, Congressional representatives, Corporation presidents with a lot of mouths to feed, on and on, but they simply spent their lives in poverty giving all they had to share God's gifts through a meal and lovingkind frienships.

Although I am not a Catholic, I donated to their food fund, and they acted like I was better person than I am. They blessed me, a Presbyterian church school teacher, and I loved the job they were doing to help poor people in our city, where winters lasted for eight to ten months a year, and summers were idyllic for everyone but those who hungered and thirsted for reasons unknown. It's a challenge to spend a day a week feeding the poor, but some people do that as a discipline because God chose them to overcome the usual prejudices people have for people who can't hold a job, have a diseased mind, or who haven't encountered God's love yet.
That was mighty word salad there lady.

Yes I judge. I don’t deny it.

You however judge and DO deny it. That’s WORSE and your lying makes the baby Jesus cry

God, creator of the earth, sent his only son Jesus to explain to the rest of the family of mankind what God requires of people. If you don't know what that is now, you should read the Good Book's discussion in the book of Micah as to what God requires of mankind. Specifically, Micah 6:8, which says "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

I like to think of the ten Commandments when I consider what is just--it's a good way to act when you don't know what to do.

Christ saw people not understanding the old testament, so he told his followers the two most important points of the good behaviors the 10 Commandments require, sent to man from the heart of God. Christ pointe out that the Lord God is best understood if you "Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. And a second important point Christ said is to "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself." IOW, Be nice to other people at all times. In other words, see that your neighbor gets justice when he's feeling low. IOW, raise up your neighbor's chances of success. and cut the crap of any real or imagined enmity of her or him. We should show mercy and kindness to everyone. Life has its challenges, but one of the best ways to meet and overcome challenges is to kill meanness with kindness. I can't explain it better than the Lord Christ, God's won did--just love your neighbor in the same way you care for yourself. Be good tp 'em. One thing you could do to start off is to forgive my typos. and it's getting harder to see the computer screen at age 77 than it was when I was a lot younger. Mac, we don't always win our challenges. We forget basic stuff sometimes, and we fuss at the dog when he lands on our toes. Why? Because we all come short of the glory of God who requests only 10 major things to behave ourselves and if we don't "get it," then just love our neighbors and treat them with respect. :huddle:
No Christian supports Trump , he is as close to the anti Christ as anyone in past history, If they say they support Trump all they can be at that point is a fake Christian. No christian aligns themselves , with a criminal rapist , who actually is the most hated man in the world. He is hated for a reason , no one is as corrupt and evil as your pile of shit God and leader.

Religiously speaking: before God created light, time had passed.

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavensand the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Scientifically speaking:

Planets can form before the star around which they orbit “ignites.”

Therefore, to steal a concept from the play, Inherit the Wind, the duration of time before God created light (ignited our Sun) could have been millennia and eons.

With all that, I can honestly tell you, most of us don’t give a damn one way or the other what the Speaker believes when it comes to how old our planet is.

Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

Shit, that's almost as crazy as democrat loons that believe men can become women.

No Christian supports Trump , he is as close to the anti Christ as anyone in past history, If they say they support Trump all they can be at that point is a fake Christian. No christian aligns themselves , with a criminal rapist , who actually is the most hated man in the world. He is hated for a reason , no one is as corrupt and evil as your pile of shit God and leader.
Hater.

Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

So does approximately 60% of the world's population who Foster the abrahamic religions.

Stupid Dems vote out their lapdog McCarthy, then cry about the new speaker.

Fuck you morons. You voted out someone you controlled. Dipshits.

“Director Wray, on January 6, 2021, did the FBI have confidential human sources dressed as Trump supporters inside the Capitol?” -Higgins​

“I can’t answer that” -Wray
Fuck you you lying piece of shit.

If anyone at all can find one thing that the right said here that is the truth , let me know , we will look into it. I say they don't even know how to tell the truth. They simply are just lying scum across the board.

Forum List

Back