The earth is how old?

why would anyone normal trust someone that ignorant with those other issues?

why not, you trust Obama and all the idiot Democrats in your party..

my gawd, with all the important things to frikken worry over in this country

you can't even pretend to have a discussion, can you?

poor obama deranged steffie.

nothing you post is worth discussing
poor Democrat cult member jilly

This issue is not that hard to resolve.

By interpreting 6 days as 6 ages, where 1,000 years represents a "very long epoch or period" of time, then the 6 "days" of creation represent 6 stages of development.

We are supposed to be in the LAST day/stage, where we reach spiritual maturity and quit fighting over this silly stuff.

It just makes sense that 1,000 years cannot mean literally 1,000 years. Look how long it is taking humanity to resolve issues we are STILL debating about Jesus from 2,000 years ago! If we still haven't resolved that, that shows how slowly we are evolving.

So it can't be literal, folks!

Many people have figured it out that the 6,000 year timeline in the Bible refers to the Mosaic lineage under Judaic Law (ie. the Jewish Christian and Muslim tribes). This does not account for the Gentile lineage under natural laws, that may have a separate timeline. All of humanity is on a learning curve, where the different stages of social development and spiritual growth can vary per individual, cultural/religious or national/political identity, even though they follow the same basic patterns as in the Bible. Our timelines may not match up literally, but they follow the same seasons or patterns of change from one stage to the next. Big deal!

Last edited:

By interpreting 6 days as 6 ages, where 1,000 years represents a "very long epoch or period" of time, then the 6 "days" of creation represent 6 stages of development.

We are supposed to be in the LAST day/stage, where we reach spiritual maturity and quit fighting over this silly stuff.

It just makes sense that 1,000 years cannot mean literally 1,000 years. Look how long it is taking humanity to resolve issues we are STILL debating about Jesus from 2,000 years ago! If we still haven't resolved that, that shows how slowly we are evolving.

Many people have figured it out that the 6,000 year timeline in the Bible refers to the Mosaic lineage under Judaic Law (ie. the Jewish Christian and Muslim tribes). This does not account for the Gentile lineage under natural laws, that may have a separate timeline. All of humanity is on a learning curve, where the different stages of social development and spiritual growth can vary per individual, cultural/religious or national/political identity, even though they follow the same basic patterns as in the Bible. Our timelines may not match up literally, but they follow the same seasons or patterns of change from one stage to the next. Big deal!

I was waiting on you :) Your right. Religion is silly.

psssssst... the old testament is jewish... it was NEVER supposed to be taken literally. it was always supposed to be metaphor.

and, the original language didn't translate to "in THE beginning" it translated to "in A beginning"... which doesn't place any limitation at all on the age of the earth or require machinations to force the six days thing.

Are we a free Nation or Not?
According to those who vote Democratic they don't. The all inclusive party, as long as you go along with only their beliefs.It's being intolerant and down right totalitarian.
The 1st Amendment gives them the right of religious freedom and the right to exercise it.
It is so important, the the founders put that, as the very first amendment
The majority of Christan's do not think that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and Rubio said no such thing that it was.
Most Christians think that when God started creation on this Earth it took him 1,000 of our years for each of the creation days. The Bible never has said how long the Earth and space was around before he started creation on the Earth.
Space and Earth had to be around for at least millions if not billions of years before he could even start forming life on this planet.
One day for God is 1,000 years for us Humans.

Last edited:
The 6,000 young earth crap started with an Irish archbishop who added up the ages of the people in the bible and then added the years since Christ.

It was no more scientific than that.

Rubio showed he is not a leader with his response. A leader tells the truth, no matter how painful it is to hear.

So he needs to be taken to the curb with the rest of the trash.

A 6,000 year old earth philosophy does not belong in our education system, but Rubio said it did. He is an idiot.

However, I am a strong believer in school vouchers. If people want to send their children to a creationist school that cranks out young earthers, go right ahead.

We are still going to be needing janitors and gas jockeys for quite some time.

Then President Obama should have told us the truth about the New Health Care bill and not have lied to us that we would be able keep our Dr.s and the health care insurance that we have.

Then President Obama should have told us the truth about the New Health Care bill and not have lied to us that we would be able keep our Dr.s and the health care insurance that we have.

I did....

What happened to you?

Judging by the behavior of the piss drinking people who allege themselves to be conservatives on this forum, I am not hopeful the election has taught them anything.

Telling the truth is the way to go. That's how you beat the other guy. Not by making shit up, not by hypocrisy, not by blindly copying and pasting the ravings of a nutjob publication.

Intelligence is the key. Conservatives used to be the smartest people in the room.

We lost the election for the same reason we lost the health care reform battle. Too many lies copied and parroted by people on the right who have never read a bill in their lives, and get all their information about legislation from someone pissing in their wide open mouths.

Last edited:
The 6,000 young earth crap started with an Irish archbishop who added up the ages of the people in the bible and then added the years since Christ.

Rubio showed he is not a leader with his response. A leader tells the truth, no matter how painful it is to hear.

A 6,000 year old earth philosophy does not belong in our education system, but Rubio said it did. He is an idiot.

However, I am a strong believer in school vouchers. If people want to send their children to a creationist school that cranks out young earthers, go right ahead.

You got any proof that creationist are only janitors and gas jockeys?
Talk about saying insulting things.

Yea, who cares about the debt, unemployment, wars and the growth of government? It's how old you think the earth might be that's REALLY important....:doubt:

It is the quality of education our children will receive that is most important. And if the dumb fuck Young Earth Creationists have their way, our kids will be too stupid to work in the hi-tech jobs of the future.

Exactly how do you think the GOP being in power is going to change our Public education system, that is dominated by Democrat supporting, Liberal Teachers?

Please.

Like the guy said, you make up things to worry about, and ignore the real issues. Spending, Debt, Entitlements, National Defense. All because a handful of republicans believing in an archaic belief based in Faith instead of science.

It's like you are saying you rather hang out with your rapist, because you don't like the cop who came to save you, because he has a few odd ball beliefs you don't like.

It's silly to believe the GOP would take power, and all of the sudden Creationism would be all we taught our kids. Stop with the fake fear.

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

Let's see, you aren't a republican because you think republicans think that the world is 10,000 years old. Another union based education success story.

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

Let's see, you aren't a republican because you think republicans think that the world is 10,000 years old. Another union based education success story.

It was one of my examples. I said not all republicans. Did you read what I wrote?

You got any proof that creationist are only janitors and gas jockeys?
Talk about saying insulting things.

The jobs of the future are going to require serious scientific know-how on the part of the employees.

Hell, even today there are 3 million jobs open that can't be filled even in this high unemployment era because they can't find people with enough high end skills to fill them.

Even being a really good welder isn't always good enough if they don't have the scientific skills for the really big paying jobs:

“About 2009,” she explained, “when the economy was collapsing and there was a lot of unemployment, we were working with a company that got a contract to armor Humvees,” so her 55-person company “had to hire a lot of people. I was in the market looking for 10 welders. I had lots and lots of applicants, but they did not have enough skill to meet the standard for armoring Humvees. Many years ago, people learned to weld in a high school shop class or in a family business or farm, and they came up through the ranks and capped out at a certain skill level. They did not know the science behind welding,” so could not meet the new standards of the U.S. military and aerospace industry.

“They could make beautiful welds,” she said, “but they did not understand metallurgy, modern cleaning and brushing techniques” and how different metals and gases, pressures and temperatures had to be combined. Moreover, in small manufacturing businesses like hers, explained Tapani, “unlike a Chinese firm that does high-volume, low-tech jobs, we do a lot of low-volume, high-tech jobs, and each one has its own design drawings. So a welder has to be able to read and understand five different design drawings in a single day.”

Tapani eventually found a welder from another firm who had passed the American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector exam, the industry’s gold standard, and he trained her welders — some of whom took several tries to pass the exam — so she could finish the job.

That is why the question asked of Rubio was a perfectly valid one. We can't be raising a nation of idiots. Not if we are going to continue to be competitive.

We have to educate for the jobs of tomorrow. The days of growing up to work in your dad's factory are over.

So get smart, or push a broom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back