Our New Speaker Thinks the Earth is 6,000 Years Old

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

And you think HuffPo is journalism.

:laughing0301:

Democrats are unhinged after being THE REASON we have a new speaker in the first place.

Comedy gold!!!!

I remember when Republicans used to be for personal responsibility.

Then they threw their lot behind a lying orange grifter, and now it’s everybody else’s fault when you fuck up.

IMG_5755.jpeg

So let me get this straight.

He made no direct mention of his views on creation and evolution? He is just being smeared for his affiliations with Young Earth Creationists?

Sounds about right, why not indict him or impeach him? It's the democrat way as I'm sure we can find another Leftist activist judge or two who will throw him in jail over and throw away the key.

But even if he did believe in a Young earth, it is far better than having someone in there who does not know what a woman is, but at the same time, tells you a man can have a baby. I'm guessing he is also appalled at mutilating the genitals of children. Just a guess really.

Also, being able to condemn acts of terrorism against Jews, the largest Jewish massacre since the Holocaust, instead of refusing to condemn it is also very refreshing.

And you say nothing that Biden and the current administration say trans women are real women?

That's all you can find fault in the man? And as far as I know he hasn't injected his personal beliefs into anything political.

I'll take a creationist over someone that believes in open borders, reparations for blacks, laundering 100s of billions through other countries, giving money to improve other countries while ours suffers, calls for censorship and all this other shit going on in america.

Hell I'll take a creationist over muslims or any of the anti American and hateful religions we keep allowing to grow in America slowly.

So, what's that to you? Joe was a sworn marriage is between a man and a woman politician. Many other agendas also. He has changed sides on near everything to keep power, plagiarized at times and do his duty for the corporate interests of Delaware and the world. The world is falling apart, and Progs keep up their head in the sand reactions. Two regional wars with possible expansions and hot spots for possible more wars.

I remember when Republicans used to be for personal responsibility.

Then they threw their lot behind a lying orange grifter, and now it’s everybody else’s fault when you fuck up.

View attachment 849763
they did not accept responsibility under dubya. this is not a new phenomenon, just taken to the hypocritical extreme by that parasite and his sycophants.

Democrats are unhinged after being THE REASON we have a new speaker in the first place.
Repubs had the votes to keep McCarthy as Speaker if they so desired. The Crazy 8 are the reason he was sacked and the MAGAnuts are the reason we now have a raging evangelical running the House. Until he does something Trump doesn't like that is.

Just because someone is a religious man doesn't make them a "theocrat"

New Speaker Mike Johnson says the way to learn how feels about any issue is to read the Bible: 'That's my worldview, that's what I believe'​

I know, I know. "Fake news".

Forum List

Back