The Dow Is Exactly Where It Was A Year Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
January 2018: Donald J. Trump on Twitter

dow-25000-jan-2018.jpg

Big tariff war easy to win! Congrats!

/——-/ So? It’s an average of 30 companies, you dolt.

you will PROBABLY be ok G5000 !!
Tell that to your 401k account.

Trump and his lickspittles were happy to take credit for the Dow before. Strangely, neither he nor his lickspittles want to take credit now...
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is only calculated with only 30 companies

There are literally thousands of different companies who trade stock publicly and thousands more mutual funds and exchange traded funds

So what 30 companies are doing is pretty irrelevant
How's the Russell 2000 ?

Down more than 200 points from a year ago, which is about 15%. It has done far worse than the DJI.
Yet trump isn't bragging anymore

dow-25000-jan-2018.jpg

I seem to have missed your post calling the POTUS a dolt for bragging about the DJI numbers...who odd! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
/—-/ I don’t deny Trump may have said the Dow at some point but he generally says “stock market” Trump: "the reason our stock market is so successful is because of me"

you will PROBABLY be ok G5000 !!
Tell that to your 401k account.

Trump and his lickspittles were happy to take credit for the Dow before. Strangely, neither he nor his lickspittles want to take credit now...
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is only calculated with only 30 companies

There are literally thousands of different companies who trade stock publicly and thousands more mutual funds and exchange traded funds

So what 30 companies are doing is pretty irrelevant
How's the Russell 2000 ?

Down more than 200 points from a year ago, which is about 15%. It has done far worse than the DJI.
Yet trump isn't bragging anymore

weird! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

dow-25000-jan-2018.jpg

I seem to have missed your post calling the POTUS a dolt for bragging about the DJI numbers...who odd! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
/—-/ I don’t deny Trump may have said the Dow at some point but he generally says “stock market” Trump: "the reason our stock market is so successful is because of me"

Is the stock market successful right now?

The Russell 2000 is down 15% over the past year.

The S&P is essentially unchanged.

The DJI is essentially unchanged.

The NASDAQ is down over the past year.

Does that seem successful to you?

dow-25000-jan-2018.jpg

/——/ how do you factor in dividends, splits and options in your economic review

dow-25000-jan-2018.jpg

Your link is ironic, the markets are basically unchanged from the day that article was published...which also is because of Trump.

dow-25000-jan-2018.jpg

It is not an economic review, it is a review of the stock market. Do you find negative growth to no growth over a 12 month period to be successful for the stock market?

A simple yes or no will do.

It is not an economic review, it is a review of the stock market. Do you find negative growth to no growth over a 12 month period to be successful for the stock market?

/—-/ I’ve tried to explain this to you before in simple terms you can understand. I’ll try again. The market averages you gleefully cite are meaningless unless you only invest in the exchange ETFs. But if you invested in individual stocks then you can would have gotten decent returns in spite of the Dow averages. I know it’s confusing. Take your time and study this chart. Biggest Stock Gainers Today (TOP 50 LIST) - Dogs of the Dow

the moon is exactly where is was a year ago

and??!!!

are you really this stupid?
impressive reply --you-ALSO do not have an answer
all you have is STUPID replies

The moon is never in the same spot, it is always moving slightly further away from the earth.
The DOW is never in the same spot, it is always moving
hahahahahahahahahahahah
you fked up --again

/—-/ I’ve tried to explain this to you before in simple terms you can understand. I’ll try again. The market averages you gleefully cite are meaningless unless you only invest in the exchange ETFs. But if you invested in individual stocks then you can would have gotten decent returns in spite of the Dow averages. I know it’s confusing. Take your time and study this chart. Biggest Stock Gainers Today (TOP 50 LIST) - Dogs of the Dow

What do 401ks and other retirement type accounts invest in?

If the market averages are meaningless, why did your god in the white house brag about them for year?

Where are all your post pointing out how stupid Trump was to brag about the market averages?

the moon is exactly where is was a year ago

and??!!!

are you really this stupid?
impressive reply --you-ALSO do not have an answer
all you have is STUPID replies

The moon is never in the same spot, it is always moving slightly further away from the earth.
The DOW is never in the same spot, it is always moving
hahahahahahahahahahahah
you fked up --again

So, you really are this stupid..

Thanks for the verification.

If the market averages are meaningless, why did your god in the white house brag about them for year?

Where are all your post pointing out how stupid Trump was to brag about the market averages?
/——/ Well explain how this Dow ETF returned 13.48% last year?
SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA)
The SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF is a reliable ETF for replicating the performance of the Dow. It was launched in 1998 and has a history of tracking the index accurately.

This ETF invests in all the stocks of the Dow and weights them similar to the underlying index. Expenses for the ETF are low at 0.17% allowing for minimal tracking error.

• Price: $264.97
  • Avg. Volume: 3,442,711
  • Net Assets: $22.36 billion
  • Yield 2.05%
  • YTD Return 13.48%
  • Expense Ratio: 0.17%

401Ks usually have multiple options of stock, bond and money market funds with varying degrees of risk. One gets to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back