The current state of affairs when it comes to finding a job and getting a promotion in America

A close friend of mine....

- First job at 16 making $5.60 an hour
- 2nd job at 18 making 28k a year
- 3rd job at 22 making 30k a year
- 4th job at 25 making 45k a year
- 5th job at 27 making 90k a year
- 6th job at 30 making 100k a year
- 7th job at 34 making 110k a year
- 8th job at 36 making 150k a year

-Never had to suck anything. Nothing has changed - only your mindset. The U.S. is still the best country in the world for economic opportunity. Take advantage of your opportunities.
Why do Leftist elitists always brag about white collar professions and opportunity? Why don’t they ever talk about the blue collar trades they‘ve destroyed….the blue collar trades that built America and the American middleclass?

Hahaha..bullshit, you have a posting history on record bud.

I certainly do. And if you paid attention to it, you wouldn't make such ignorant statements.

How many leftists are pro 2nd Amendment and are shooters?
How many leftists are in favor of smaller gov't and preserving individual liberty?
How many leftists want less interference in private lives?
How many leftists are in favor of major tax reform?

I have spoken out on all these topics. But you want to make it about calling someone a name.

Why do Leftist elitists always brag about white collar professions and opportunity? Why don’t they ever talk about the blue collar trades they‘ve destroyed….the blue collar trades that built America and the American middleclass?

LMAO! For starters, you label people leftists whether they actually are or not.

I certainly do. And if you paid attention to it, you wouldn't make such ignorant statements.

How many leftists are pro 2nd Amendment and are shooters?
How many leftists are in favor of smaller gov't and preserving individual liberty?
How many leftists want less interference in private lives?
How many leftists are in favor of major tax reform?

I have spoken out on all these topics. But you want to make it about calling someone a name.
Are you claiming you lean right?

Are you claiming you lean right?

I am not claiming anything. I do not follow ideology. I vote based on my beliefs.

You are the one that made the claim I am a leftist. Feel free to elaborate on why you think so. After all, I have a posting history.

Most were flexible with earlier positions (open to different fields) - took less desirable jobs until they found a better one, willing to relocate, etc.
I think that is the key for most folks. There's always the entrepreneur or small business owner who hits it big, but by keeping "your eyes on the prize", working hard and seeking better opportunities is a tried and true path to success.

It’s who you know and who you can blow. This is how people rise up the ladder today in America through nepotism and sexual favors. It’s going on all over the country we don’t have the jobs we used to so yeah it’s “who you know or who you can blow”… that’s an old school pro American union saying from Wayback in the day.

It’s ringing true more than ever today and it is true with some women… they just sleep their way up the ladder(A certain vice president did this) and honestly some of the LGBT men do the same thing.

Real talk

Back in the day we had so many strong minded man and strong minded women who are working all sorts of jobs they were at the factory they were at the business place. You name it. It’s not the same today
So-What%20%281%29-S.jpg

Why are you picking on Vice President Kamala Harris?

I am not claiming anything. I do not follow ideology. I vote based on my beliefs.

You are the one that made the claim I am a leftist. Feel free to elaborate on why you think so. After all, I have a posting history.
While you’re certainly no rightwinger, anyone paying attention knows you lean left…that makes you a leftist. This isn’t really a revolutionary find.

Aside from a few years in the beginning, I have been self employed. In the 80s I went to work for a criminal defense law firm and made partner in a matter of weeks. Now if you want to talk about hard work, sit down. The day started at 6am, ended at 9 or 10 pm. Except for Fridays. Fridays was County Jail night. Get home by 11pm. Saturday and Sunday were both working on upcoming cases and appeals with state and federal prisoners. No days off.

It’s who you know and who you can blow. This is how people rise up the ladder today in America through nepotism and sexual favors. It’s going on all over the country we don’t have the jobs we used to so yeah it’s “who you know or who you can blow”… that’s an old school pro American union saying from Wayback in the day.

It’s ringing true more than ever today and it is true with some women… they just sleep their way up the ladder(A certain vice president did this) and honestly some of the LGBT men do the same thing.

Real talk

Back in the day we had so many strong minded man and strong minded women who are working all sorts of jobs they were at the factory they were at the business place. You name it. It’s not the same today
Dude, that's misogistic bullshit.

Real talk

I only seen one situation like that and it was many years ago in the early 80s, but the circumstances surrounding it made it understandable. Although I stayed at my last job for 27 years, I worked for a lot of companies throughout my life.

She was a happily married office worker who's husband desired a large family. After a while it was concluded she couldn't have children and the marriage started falling apart, so she started a relationship with the boss who was also married. He had aspirations to advance in life and taught her how to do the job. Eventually his wife found out what was going on and forced him to leave the company, and he made sure she got his job when he left.

Everybody in the place knew she had no business in that position and revolted when she started to push her weight around. The other employees wrote to the CEO of the company and she was asked to leave her job. The former boss thought they had something real going on, but then concluded he was just being used.

Things like that are less likely to happen today due to all the technology we have. Cameras are everywhere. They even make one that looks exactly like an ink pen that you can stick in your pocket like any ink pen and it records everything. Now that excludes public jobs like politics and entertainment, but it's an anomaly when it happens in the regular world.

Forum List

Back