The current state of affairs when it comes to finding a job and getting a promotion in America

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
It’s who you know and who you can blow. This is how people rise up the ladder today in America through nepotism and sexual favors. It’s going on all over the country we don’t have the jobs we used to so yeah it’s “who you know or who you can blow”… that’s an old school pro American union saying from Wayback in the day.

It’s ringing true more than ever today and it is true with some women… they just sleep their way up the ladder(A certain vice president did this) and honestly some of the LGBT men do the same thing.

Real talk

Back in the day we had so many strong minded man and strong minded women who are working all sorts of jobs they were at the factory they were at the business place. You name it. It’s not the same today

It’s who you know and who you can blow. This is how people rise up the ladder today in America through nepotism and sexual favors. It’s going on all over the country we don’t have the jobs we used to so yeah it’s “who you know or who you can blow”… that’s an old school pro American union saying from Wayback in the day.

It’s ringing true more than ever today and it is true with some women… they just sleep their way up the ladder(A certain vice president did this) and honestly some of the LGBT men do the same thing.

Real talk

Back in the day we had so many strong minded man and strong minded women who are working all sorts of jobs they were at the factory they were at the business place. You name it. It’s not the same today
A close friend of mine....

- First job at 16 making $5.60 an hour
- 2nd job at 18 making 28k a year
- 3rd job at 22 making 30k a year
- 4th job at 25 making 45k a year
- 5th job at 27 making 90k a year
- 6th job at 30 making 100k a year
- 7th job at 34 making 110k a year
- 8th job at 36 making 150k a year

-Never had to suck anything. Nothing has changed - only your mindset. The U.S. is still the best country in the world for economic opportunity. Take advantage of your opportunities.

Last edited:

Real talk

You don’t think blow jobs and nepotism were happening back in the day?! Really?! It was waaaaaay worse back then

-Never had to suck anything. Nothing has changed - only your mindset. The U.S. is still the best country in the world for economic opportunity. Take advantage of your opportunities or someone else will.

- Real Talk
Seems as though your friend decided to get a career right around the age of 25. Can't imagine he/she was in the same field of work for all jobs. An IT professional did manage to achieve those types of increases back in the day.

Real talk

The nepotism has been in Hollywood for years. Very few, if any, actors/actresses that aren't an offspring of a well-known actor/actress.

Seems as though your friend decided to get a career right around the age of 25. Can't imagine he/she was in the same field of work for all jobs. An IT professional did manage to achieve those types of increases back in the day.
It was just an example. But I have at least a dozen other friends/associates with similar career paths/income/etc.

Most were flexible with earlier positions (open to different fields) - took less desirable jobs until they found a better one, willing to relocate, etc. You're not always going to get your dream job off the bat and you might need to move around a little for the right opportunity.

The nature of my career required that I change jobs every 3-4 years. I had 10 major employers after I found my "true calling," at age 25. About half of my bosses (we are talking Presidents and Sr VP's) were incompetents whose career success was unexplainable by any rational process. Some just LOOKED the part and bungled their way through. Once someone has been selected for a high level position, there is extreme reluctance to admit that that appointment was a mistake, so excuses are made, accommodations are made, and blame is shifted, to avoid facing facts.

I never saw a significant promotion or hire based on nepotism or the granting of sexual favors. Just my experience.

-Never had to suck anything. Nothing has changed - only your mindset. The U.S. is still the best country in the world for economic opportunity. Take advantage of your opportunities or someone else will.

- Real Talk

Whoah: "Ace"

HA! What a fuckin' fool.

It was just an example. But I have at least a dozen other friends/associates with similar career paths/income/etc.

Most were flexible with earlier positions (open to different fields) - took less desirable jobs until they found a better one, willing to relocate, etc. You're not always going to get your dream job off the bat and you might need to move around a little for the right opportunity.
Unfortunately, most coming out of college don't understand that concept.

I started out as a Groundhand on an aerial line crew. I worked my way up and retired as the corporate director of safety.

My son graduated from college and landed a job with a DoD contractor. He has been promoted several times and will soon be leaving for another company that is offering him significant money.

I started out as a Groundhand on an aerial line crew. I worked my way up and retired as the corporate director of safety.

My son graduated from college and landed a job with a DoD contractor. He has been promoted several times and will soon be leaving for another company that is offering him significant money.
Damn…a Leftist Lineman….you won’t find those very often, not even here in Mexifornia.

Forum List

Back