The Cup of Stanley 10-11

The stage is set. Who would have thought this just 4 short games ago?

Shit. I thought the Habs had em beat.

Was way surprised when they came back and just kept on going.

I watched them when they were a powerhouse in the 60's and early 70's.

Haven't watched hockey much since I left NH in 93.

Hope they can take the Stanley Cup back to Boston.

Did anyone in New Hampshire actually watch the debate...? :lol:

MANCHESTER, N.H. — How did Mitt Romney know the score to Boston Bruins game in the middle of Monday night’s debate?

“By the way, Bruins are up 4-0,” Romney said to the loud applause of the spectators inside the debate hall at St. Anselm College after answering an unrelated question.

The Republican debate was on at the same time as Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final against Vancouver Canucks.

Mitt Romney | Bruins Score | New Hampshire Debate | The Daily Caller

i've been a hardcore bruins fan since the mid 80's....along with all other boston sports teams (these last 10 years have been a long time coming for us here in boston, lol)

Did anyone in New Hampshire actually watch the debate...? :lol:

MANCHESTER, N.H. — How did Mitt Romney know the score to Boston Bruins game in the middle of Monday night’s debate?

“By the way, Bruins are up 4-0,” Romney said to the loud applause of the spectators inside the debate hall at St. Anselm College after answering an unrelated question.

The Republican debate was on at the same time as Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final against Vancouver Canucks.

Mitt Romney | Bruins Score | New Hampshire Debate | The Daily Caller

The talk radio guy this morning was asked about the debate by a caller and he said "well, honestly, I watched the bruins game sorry" Then he asked the news guys and they said "ummm, bruins" LOL.

So now it’s one game for the Stanley Cup; one game to define a season, a franchise, and — some would say — the very honor of the sport.

The Bruins demolished the curiously inept Vancouver Canucks at TD Garden again last night, 5-2, to force a seventh game in this home-sweet-home Stanley Cup Final.

“It’s a great feeling,’’ said 43-year-old Bruins forward Mark Recchi. “It comes down to one game. This is what we dream of, going back to playing street hockey. We’re going to lay it on the line like they are. No pressure, just go out and play. We’re going to have a blast doing it.’’

The Bruins outscored the Canucks by a whopping 14 goals in the three games at the Garden, but have lost three one-goal games in British Columbia. The spoked-B’s are set for the first Stanley Cup Final Game 7 in the franchise’s 87-year history and need to heed lessons learned by . . . of all people . . . the 1960 New York Yankees.

The ’60 Yanks beat the Pirates in three World Series games by scores of 16-3, 10-0, and 12-0, but lost four close ones and dropped the Series in a one-run seventh game. New York’s aggregate scoring margin (55-27) didn’t help, just as the Bruins are not aided by their 19-8 goal advantage in this 3-3 series draw.

“We’ve got to be hungrier than we have been the last three times in Vancouver,’’ said Bruins coach Claude Julien.

Unyielding Bruins roar back - The Boston Globe

Wow! History in the making! :eusa_pray:

So now it’s one game for the Stanley Cup; one game to define a season, a franchise, and — some would say — the very honor of the sport.

The Bruins demolished the curiously inept Vancouver Canucks at TD Garden again last night, 5-2, to force a seventh game in this home-sweet-home Stanley Cup Final.

“It’s a great feeling,’’ said 43-year-old Bruins forward Mark Recchi. “It comes down to one game. This is what we dream of, going back to playing street hockey. We’re going to lay it on the line like they are. No pressure, just go out and play. We’re going to have a blast doing it.’’

The Bruins outscored the Canucks by a whopping 14 goals in the three games at the Garden, but have lost three one-goal games in British Columbia. The spoked-B’s are set for the first Stanley Cup Final Game 7 in the franchise’s 87-year history and need to heed lessons learned by . . . of all people . . . the 1960 New York Yankees.

The ’60 Yanks beat the Pirates in three World Series games by scores of 16-3, 10-0, and 12-0, but lost four close ones and dropped the Series in a one-run seventh game. New York’s aggregate scoring margin (55-27) didn’t help, just as the Bruins are not aided by their 19-8 goal advantage in this 3-3 series draw.

“We’ve got to be hungrier than we have been the last three times in Vancouver,’’ said Bruins coach Claude Julien.

I saw the rangers win the cup agains vancouver in a game 7. it was wild.

What time is it in boston? Oh its 15 past luongo :lol:

sorry bad joke.

The city of Vancouver went berserk after that loss! :eusa_eh:

The 1994 Stanley Cup Riot occurred in Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on the evening of June 14, 1994 and continued into the following morning. The riot arose after Game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals in which the Vancouver Canucks lost to the New York Rangers.

1994 Stanley Cup riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The city of Vancouver went berserk after that loss! :eusa_eh:

The 1994 Stanley Cup Riot occurred in Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on the evening of June 14, 1994 and continued into the following morning. The riot arose after Game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals in which the Vancouver Canucks lost to the New York Rangers.

1994 Stanley Cup riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NY went wild. it broke the 60 some odd year drought

i've been a hardcore bruins fan since the mid 80's....along with all other boston sports teams (these last 10 years have been a long time coming for us here in boston, lol)

In Northern NH your either a Boston fan or a Montreal fan. The Nordiques were there for a while in Quebec as well.

Loved it when Montreal and Boston played. Talk about the language flying.

Hell it took Edmonton 4 yrs to beat the Bruins. Would have loved to have seen the Oilers play the old Bruins with Orr, Esposito, Bucyck, Cashman, Dallas Smith, Teddy Green, Sanderson with Cheevers in goal. Now there was a team. The Big Bad Bruins. Doubt Gretzky would have even gotten a look at the pipes. LOL

I was a Boston fan. Still am. Bruins and Red Sox.

Shit. Almost forgot the Pats.

Last edited:

In Northern NH your either a Boston fan or a Montreal fan. The Nordiques were there for a while in Quebec as well.

Loved it when Montreal and Boston played. Talk about the language flying.

Hell it took Edmonton 4 yrs to beat the Bruins. Would have loved to have seen the Oilers play the old Bruins with Orr, Esposito, Bucyck, Cashman, Dallas Smith, Teddy Green, Sanderson with Cheevers in goal. Now there was a teaml. Doubt Gretzky would have even gotten a look at the pipes. LOL

I was a Boston fan. Still am. Bruins and Red Sox.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-kAmOxhDI]YouTube - ‪Ringside with the Boston Bruins: Classic Hockey Fights‬‏[/ame]

I hope the Bruins can bring the New England area a much needed sports championship :lol:

I hope the Bruins can bring the New England area a much needed sports championship :lol:

For a die hard, lifelong, bruins fan like me I actually seriously feel the way you just sarcastically stated above.

I really dont care about the other sports all that much, hockey is my thing, and for me this is a much needed sports championship as we haven't won since before I was born.

For a die hard, lifelong, bruins fan like me I actually seriously feel the way you just sarcastically stated above.

I really dont care about the other sports all that much, hockey is my thing, and for me this is a much needed sports championship as we haven't won since before I was born.

An early goal would go a long way tonight.

crash the net, score on luongo and its over.

the first team to score a goal will most likely be the winning team with the way the games have gone in vancouver.

crash the net, score on luongo and its over.

the first team to score a goal will most likely be the winning team with the way the games have gone in vancouver.
If anything, Vancouver is the team with the monkey on it's back now. After the first two games they were expecting a short series. Then the blowouts hit and once they started they couldn't stop them.

Then end is near. Beats the hail out of Weinergate... :clap2:

Then end is near. Beats the hail out of Weinergate... :clap2:

Absolutely! :lol:

BTW - I heard a very disheartening statistic on the radio this morning concerning all major sports reaching the game 7 championship pinnacle, the home team has won every single time but once! So hopefully tonight the Bruins will break that trend! :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back