The Cup of Stanley 10-11

Crap! These guys are giving me a cardiac!

Vancouver has won 15 games in the playoffs, 11 by one goal, 3 by two goals, one of which included an empty-netter.

Virtually every win is fricking nerve-wracking!

Ever has this been their way. You can change the entire team and ownership and this still happens. I've been there for both drives to the Cup.

Go figure. :razz:

I lived in the West End off the Burrard Bridge when they last went to the Cup. That's when I became a Canucks fan. I remember when they won game 6 and tied up the series, a couple hundred thousand people were in the streets to celebrate. It was one of the best things I've ever experienced in my life. Everyone was high-fiving and hugging each other, and there wasn't a trace of malice or negativity anywhere. It was amazing. After they lost game 7, I just shut the blinds on my apartment and went to bed. I was too disappointed. However, I kept hearing sirens throughout the night. There is a hospital a few blocks down from where we used to live, and we used to hear sirens occasionally. But that night, they were going off all the time. I had no idea what was going on. I used to work as a stock broker in the stock exchange tower in the Pacific Center, so I used to walk to work at 6am. The next morning, I was aghast at all the destruction, with glass windows shattered all over the place. I didn't know what happened until I arrived at work and read the paper. It was something. I hope they don't do that again!

Anyways, here's a story Boston fans can relate to. I almost hit the roof when Tanner Glass fanned on the shot with a wide open net.

When he completely whiffed on a shot at a wide-open net Friday night, Vancouver Canuck winger Tanner Glass almost immediately thought of a famous, or rather infamous, Boston athlete.

"You know, what I thought of was Bill Buckner," a relieved Glass said after the Canucks' 1-0 win over the Boston Bruins in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.

"I was like if we end up losing this game 1-0 and heaven forbid we don't end up winning the whole thing, I might end up being booed out of Vancouver."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...d+Bill+Buckner+comparisons/4929231/story.html

I'm taking my family up to Washington DC today for a week's vacation, so I'm going to have to find some sports bar that will have the good graces to turn on the game in a corner somewhere!

Last edited:
Vancouver may win this series with a goal differential of -10 or so! :lol:

Even if Boston loses, Tim Thomas has been great. If they win, he's the MVP.

He's changed goaling. We might see goalies checking players in their crease from now on. xD

Toro said:
I lived in the West End off the Burrard Bridge when they last went to the Cup. That's when I became a Canucks fan. I remember when they won game 6 and tied up the series, a couple hundred thousand people were in the streets to celebrate. It was one of the best things I've ever experienced in my life. Everyone was high-fiving and hugging each other, and there wasn't a trace of malice or negativity anywhere. It was amazing. After they lost game 7, I just shut the blinds on my apartment and went to bed. I was too disappointed. However, I kept hearing sirens throughout the night. There is a hospital a few blocks down from where we used to live, and we used to hear sirens occasionally. But that night, they were going off all the time. I had no idea what was going on. I used to work as a stock broker in the stock exchange tower in the Pacific Center, so I used to walk to work at 6am. The next morning, I was aghast at all the destruction, with glass windows shattered all over the place. I didn't know what happened until I arrived at work and read the paper. It was something. I hope they don't do that again!

I remember. It was disheartening. Until then I used to say that only Americans did that when they lost the cup. I couldn't say it anymore.

I also hope it doesn't but when I see players sticking their fingers in other players mouths. When I see them biting and diving. (Both sides) I see a change I do not like.

I'm taking my family up to Washington DC today for a week's vacation, so I'm going to have to find some sports bar that will have the good graces to turn on the game in a corner somewhere!

Luck on you :)

Just win, baby! :D

55de3b_bruis2_06012011.jpg

kreiter_bruins-statues6_met__1306951196_2553.gif

:lol: That's awesome.

another 1-0 game....I expect this series to go seven. Boston has pounded Vancouver on home ice....

Yeah probably. Boston is too good at the Gahden. But hopefully it's not another blow-out... those get boring.

Silky, I saw this the other day and thought of you! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmxW-n1mpGo]YouTube - ‪Bruins Hockey Rules - the bear‬‏[/ame]

another 1-0 game....I expect this series to go seven. Boston has pounded Vancouver on home ice....

Yeah probably. Boston is too good at the Gahden. But hopefully it's not another blow-out... those get boring.

I will definitely not be bored if they take it to game 7 ! :eusa_pray:

The way things are going, the Nucks win it at home. But I have to admit Boston has been the better team.

Hopefully Boston LOSES on Monday, so they can be booed off their own home ice and watch a team that actually WANTS TO WIN the Cup skate it around their arena instead of them. MAYBE, just MAYBE that will explain to some of them that fans are not interested in watching them continually FAIL for 40 years.

Claude Julien needs to be fired. Chara, Thomas, and about half the team needs to be put out to pasture (traded or cut). The Bruins don't even deserve to be playing another game after last night.

Claude Julien needs to be fired. Chara, Thomas, and about half the team needs to be put out to pasture (traded or cut).

Completely agreed, then the Habs will win the division by like fifteen points next year! :lol:

Hopefully Boston LOSES on Monday, so they can be booed off their own home ice and watch a team that actually WANTS TO WIN the Cup skate it around their arena instead of them. MAYBE, just MAYBE that will explain to some of them that fans are not interested in watching them continually FAIL for 40 years.

Claude Julien needs to be fired. Chara, Thomas, and about half the team needs to be put out to pasture (traded or cut). The Bruins don't even deserve to be playing another game after last night.

shut the fuck up you whiny pissant. :lol:

you know less about hockey than you do about women.

The Cup is in The House! :eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYGwNHomGjk]YouTube - ‪Rene Rancourt performs U.S. Anthem prior to Game 4 6/8/11‬‏[/ame]

Rene Rancourt sings the National Anthem... :salute: Tonight is the last home game either way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back