The Critics of Proactive Policing Are Wrong.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Public order creates a virtuous circle that enables neighborhoods to flourish.

In the last week of 2017, it was announced that homicides in New York City were at a 60-year-low and that gun murders of officers nationally had dropped 33 percent, after rising 53 percent in 2016. Inveterate cop critics seized on the information to argue that there was no such thing as a war on cops, and that proactive policing was irrelevant to crime control, since pedestrian stops had dropped in New York City along with homicides. I responded in National Review Online that gentrification was likely now contributing to New York’s crime decline. Nationally, however, the rising civilian violence in 2015 and 2016 resulted from the prolonged rhetorical onslaught against the police since the 2014 fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. But now it is considered bigoted even to mention racial crime and victimization rates, or to suggest that demographic and economic change can affect a neighborhood’s crime picture.

Let's look at the facts........

The Critics of Proactive Policing Are Wrong

In the last week of 2017, it was announced that homicides in New York City were at a 60-year-low and that gun murders of officers nationally had dropped 33 percent, after rising 53 percent in 2016. Inveterate cop critics seized on the information to argue that there was no such thing as a war on cops, and that proactive policing was irrelevant to crime control, since pedestrian stops had dropped in New York City along with homicides. I responded in National Review Online that gentrification was likely now contributing to New York’s crime decline.
Nationally, however, the rising civilian violence in 2015 and 2016 resulted from the prolonged rhetorical onslaught against the police since the 2014 fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. But now it is considered bigoted even to mention racial crime and victimization rates, or to suggest that demographic and economic change can affect a neighborhood’s crime picture.

You are ignorant.

Not ignorant in the fact that you are stupid but ignorant in the fact that you only know what you are surrounded by and what you watch on TV and have accrued from your parents or friends.

How many cops have been killed by an unarmed citizen? ZERO.
How many times a year does a police officer get beaten to death? ZERO.
How many officers in the field are killed each year by violence ? 0.5 per state (Approx)

There are over 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers and less than one officer per state meets a violent demise, only 100 officers are killed in the line of duty each year (and most of them are by vehicle accidents)

So tell me where is this war on cops ?

• Banned

In the last week of 2017, it was announced that homicides in New York City were at a 60-year-low and that gun murders of officers nationally had dropped 33 percent, after rising 53 percent in 2016. Inveterate cop critics seized on the information to argue that there was no such thing as a war on cops, and that proactive policing was irrelevant to crime control, since pedestrian stops had dropped in New York City along with homicides. I responded in National Review Online that gentrification was likely now contributing to New York’s crime decline.
Nationally, however, the rising civilian violence in 2015 and 2016 resulted from the prolonged rhetorical onslaught against the police since the 2014 fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. But now it is considered bigoted even to mention racial crime and victimization rates, or to suggest that demographic and economic change can affect a neighborhood’s crime picture.

You are ignorant.

Not ignorant in the fact that you are stupid but ignorant in the fact that you only know what you are surrounded by and what you watch on TV and have accrued from your parents or friends.

How many officers in the field are killed each year by violence ? 0.5 per state (Approx)

There are over 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers and less than one officer per state meets a violent demise, only 100 officers are killed in the line of duty each year (and most of them are by vehicle accidents)

Take it up with the author of the piece.

I put it up as a topic for discussion. Away from the abuse of the taunting zones.

I put it up as a topic for discussion. Away from the abuse of the taunting zones.
I take that as a tap out

200.webp

You are ignorant.

Last year cops killed 1,169 citizens. Just over 100 cops died. A majority of police were killed by accidents they had on the job and not by getting killed by criminals in the line of duty. Many of the cop killings were the result of a cop assuming a person had a gun or a person had a gun but did not pull it on the cop or it was concealed and the cop found the gun after shooting. They have killed 17 already this month. Over the last 5 years they have killed 5,470 people. We don't need proactive policing.

Killed By Police - 2018

In the last 5 years 685 police have died while working and many of the deaths are not due to criminals, but car wrecks and heart attacks. More people were killed by police in one year than police have died in the last 5 years. In fact in one year the number of people killed by police is almost double that of police who have died while at work. in the last 5 years.

The Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)

.When you compare statistics, there is no war on police. We need to stop letting police tell us this so they get to justify murder in many cases.

Proactive policing is a mistake and it's wrong.

You are ignorant.

Last year cops killed 1,169 citizens. Just over 100 cops died. A majority of police were killed by accidents they had on the job and not by getting killed by criminals in the line of duty. Many of the cop killings were the result of a cop assuming a person had a gun or a person had a gun but did not pull it on the cop or it was concealed and the cop found the gun after shooting. They have killed 17 already this month. Over the last 5 years they have killed 5,470 people. We don't need proactive policing.

Killed By Police - 2018

In the last 5 years 685 police have died while working and many of the deaths are not due to criminals, but car wrecks and heart attacks. More people were killed by police in one year than police have died in the last 5 years. In fact in one year the number of people killed by police is almost double that of police who have died while at work. in the last 5 years.

The Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)

.When you compare statistics, there is no war on police. We need to stop letting police tell us this so they get to justify murder in many cases.

Proactive policing is a mistake and it's wrong.
Proactive is just another phrase for interdiction which means the cops are at war with the perps, and everyone is a perp...

• Banned
I take that as a tap out

200.webp

Take it any way you like.
Such a deep thinker...For the statist position of supporting the police state..

Another deep thinker. Hurling side swipes.

If all you can do is toss personal insults, like that other person, there's no discussion.

I take that as a tap out

200.webp

If all you can do is toss personal insults, like that other person, there's no discussion.
There is no discussion because you don't want one. Since you only visit here you don't really know what the cops are up to....They are no gift or blessing in my life, all I do is help pay for their existence...Never had to use them, wish they'd leave their predatory assaults on my freedoms alone...and they violate the asset and property forfeiture laws of the Constitution and our leaders and judicial system allow them to. So we are at war with the cops.... Now you may gleeb an answer and stay superior...

I take that as a tap out

200.webp

There is no discussion because you don't want one. Since you only visit here you don't really know what the cops are up to....They are no gift or blessing in my life, all I do is help pay for their existence...Never had to use them, wish they'd leave their predatory assaults on my freedoms alone...and they violate the asset and property forfeiture laws of the Constitution and our leaders and judicial system allow them to. So we are at war with the cops.... Now you may gleeb an answer and stay superior...

I suggest if you want a brawl, you take it downstairs. I can name call with the best of them.

I can also talk from my own context of experiencing police presence in my everyday life. And have also witnessed it in the US, given I'm there quite often. Try to think before you open your mouth.

You're not exactly open minded. And the racist angle of US policing in a talking point almost everywhere.

You are ignorant.

It's where BLM lives.

Last edited:
I take that as a tap out

200.webp

I suggest if you want a brawl, you take it downstairs. I can name call with the best of them.

I can also talk from my own context of experiencing police presence in my everyday life. And have also witnessed it in the US, given I'm there quite often. Try to think before you open your mouth.

You're not exactly open minded. And the racist angle of US policing in a talking point almost everywhere.
Where did I mention race? Cops are assholes no matter where you go in the USA. Where I live you can be thrown in jail because they don't like you, and they will let you out when they feel like it. There is no due process...The judges stink and are crooked....Yet there is nothing to unseat these republicans in a republican only county...You have yet to represent the "pro" side that you contend is your position..

You are ignorant.

It's where BLM lives.
best reply evah!

Where did I mention race? Cops are assholes no matter where you go in the USA. Where I live you can be thrown in jail because they don't like you, and they will let you out when they feel like it. There is no due process...The judges stink and are crooked....Yet there is nothing to unseat these republicans in a republican only county...You have yet to represent the "pro" side that you contend is your position..

I posted an article, of which you are attributing authorship to me.

In fact you are making it about me. And you.

Oh ok..You're a floater I see, good day..

You make discussion impossible, and there's a lot I could say.

Not/good day to you. You unpleasant person.

I just keep you from touching those keys, why I never knew I had so much power over the weaker sex...

Well I presented stats for people killed by police and police who have died and you don't discuss. So are you really here to discuss?

Well I presented stats for people killed by police and police who have died and you don't discuss. So are you really here to discuss?
Must have been one of "those" days..

Forum List

Back