The "Coolest movie quotes" Thread

From Yojimbo:

“Now do you see? If you stay, you’ll get sucked in too. Eat quickly, and then leave.”

“No more rice. Give me some sake. I like it here. I’ll stay.”

“What? Don’t you get it yet?”

“Yes, I do. That’s why I’m staying. Listen to me. I’ll get paid for killing. And this town is full of men who are better off dead. Think about it. Seibei, Ushitora, gamblers. This place would be better off without them.”

“You couldn’t do it if you had nine lives!”

“Not alone.”

“How then?”

“Sake. I’ll think while I drink.”

Herbert Woodruff: That Stradivarius is worth over a million dollars!
Tom Wingo: Well, if I drop it, it won't be worth shit.
Susan Lowenstein: Don't do it, Tom.
Tom Wingo: Apologize to your wife, Herbert.
Herbert Woodruff: You're bluffing.
Tom Wingo: I may be, but its a powerful bluff, isn't it, asshole?
[Tom throws fiddle high in the air]
Herbert Woodruff: [screaming] I'm sorry, Susan!
[Tom catches fiddle]
Tom Wingo: Sincerity becomes you, Herbie. Now apologize to me for your unforgivable breach of etiquette at the dinner table tonight, you possum-bred cocksucker.
Herbert Woodruff: I'm very sorry, Tom.

From Prince of Tides..

Loved the book and the movie.

Erica Barry: You know what, Harry. If it's all right with you, I'd like to be friends.
Harry Sanborn: Friends? I'm not ready to be your FRIEND!
Erica Barry: Fine, I understand.
Harry Sanborn: And anyway, do you really buy that horseshit that a man and a woman can be friends after they've had sex?
Erica Barry: I'm friends with my ex-husband but then again, we didn't just have sex.
Harry Sanborn: We didn't just have sex either.
Erica Barry: Then what was it? I'd love to know.
Harry Sanborn: Can I email it to ya when I figure it out?

Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton in Something's Gotta Give

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...

8 year old Rhoda to mother after beating and drowning classmate, "I had to kill him mother, what else could I do"?

From the Bad Seed.

Bad Blake: [Lying on bed strumming guitar lightly] You know that song? Hmmm?
Jean Craddock: I can't remember who did it.
Bad Blake: That's the way it is with good ones, you're sure you've heard them before.
Jean Craddock: You wrote that?
Bad Blake: Yes, ma'am, just now.

Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal

Crazy Heart

from the Asphalt Jungle:

May Emmerich: Oh Lon, when I think of all those awful people you come in contact with - downright criminals - I get scared.
Alonzo D. Emmerich: Oh, there's nothing so different about them. After all, crime is only... a left-handed form of human endeavor.

Forum List

Back