Drive Away Dolls

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
if you don't want to discuss the movie, please refrain from comment

I found myself with nothing to do this past Saturday morning. I heard Scott Simon interview Ethan Coen (one half of the celebrate Coen Brothers) about his new movie, Drive Away Dolls. I had a gift card from Christmas for a theater and was a few blocks from there at curtain time so I decided to give it a look.

Not a bad movie. Its about a couple of young women who take a drive-away job. For those who don't know, a drive-away job is when you're hired to take a car on a one-way trip--to deliver the vehicle to someone. I've never done it myself. I think it'd be fun to do that...does anyone know how I'd go about getting the gig?

Anyway, as with all of these buddy movies, hi-jinx ensue. Coen, I think, over directs the movie focusing a bit too much on the bad guys who are never really developed. The protagonists are incredibly authentic in their roles. The story is intriguing but when you find out whats in the case...you sort of feel cheated a bit. Like..."really"?

Wait for the streamers on this one.

The Coen brothers have a pretty good track record. I'd watch anything they do just based on what they have done.
arizona.jpg

Forum List

Back