The "Coolest movie quotes" Thread

"I proved with geometric logic that a key to the wardroom icebox did exist"

Bogart in The Caine Mutiny

this is my all-time favorite:

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. [Pause] Time to die.”

Blade Runner is definately one of the best movies of all time!

"We 'll let him think about it over the night, then we'll keel-haul him in the morning."

Trevor Howard in "Mutiny On The Bounty" 1962 version

Last edited:
Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

One of my fav's

Jayne: "Ten percent of nuthin' is...let me do the math here...nuthin' into nuthin'...carry the nuthin'..."

Followed by

Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "

Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"

Mal: "Politely."

Hi members of the anonymous cool movie addicted :razz::razz:

Let´s share the coolest movie quotes here

I love hitmen. No matter what you do to them, you don't feel bad.

I *totes* relate to this one. Very memorable...:lol:

From the sexy movie, Body Heat, with sizzlers, Kathleen Turner and William Hurt on a hot sultry night in Florida.

Ned: Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.
Matty: This is a blouse and a skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.
Ned: You shouldn't wear that body.

A classic from Big Trouble in Little China

Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that:

"Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. [Pause] Time to die.”

do you like it with voice over by ford or not? Have you seen the one without?

Miller's Crossing...

Leo O'Bannion: You hear about Rug?

Tom Reagan: Yeah, RIP.

Leo O'Bannion: They took his hair, Tommy. Jesus, that's strange, why would they do that?

Tom Reagan: Maybe it was injuns.

From Airplane

Excuse me miss, but I speak jive.

Blazing Saddles

We don't need no stinking badges!

History of the World

HUMP HUMP HUMP
It's good to be the king.

Monty Pythons Quest for the Holy Grail

Run away! Run away!

Stop saying the word!

What's your favorite color?

do you like it with voice over by ford or not? Have you seen the one without?

I've seen 5 of the seven versions of the movie. My personal choice is the original International version that was a tad longer than the US version and had a little more realistic violence. The so called Directors cut is the one that did away with Deckards voice over and while I liked it (because the movie is so damned good) I still prefer the original international version. The 25th Anniversery version is the real directors cut and I like that one for all the DVD adds that come with it, but the basic international is still my fav.

The best political satire ever put to film...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI[/ame]

Forum List

Back