Zone1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the only true and living Church today

The LDS church would pay them handsomely to get a single strand of hair. What you say is balderdash. There is no Semitic blood in the pre-Columbian America's.
It is possible to get DNA from the skeleton of an American Indian who died before 1492. I can guarantee you that there will not be any Semitic DNA in it. It will all be similar to Northern Siberian DNA. The Book of Mormon clearly says that American Indians are descended from Semitic migrants. They are not.

There is no evidence that any Semitic DNA existed among the American Indians. Their DNA identifies them as coming form northern Siberia.
And you proved my point. Cognitive ability to understand is critical. Note that I clearly stated that there should be little or no Semitic DNA in American Indians or South Of the boarder too. That proves that Lehi and family could have come to the Americas since Lehi was not if the tribe of Judah or Benjamin. Judah and Benjamin are the Jewish or Semitic people of today as well as when Lehi left Jerusalem.
So, this is why you donā€™t want to read Jeff Lindsay. Cognitive reasoning challenges. šŸ§

And you proved my point. Cognitive ability to understand is critical. Note that I clearly stated that there should be little or no Semitic DNA in American Indians or South Of the boarder too. That proves that Lehi and family could have come to the Americas since Lehi was not if the tribe of Judah or Benjamin. Judah and Benjamin are the Jewish or Semitic people of today as well as when Lehi left Jerusalem.
So, this is why you donā€™t want to read Jeff Lindsay. Cognitive reasoning challenges. šŸ§
Joseph, son of Jacob (who was renamed Israel), lived in Egypt. He had two sons, named Ephraim and Manasseh. Lehi, a descendant of Manasseh, left Jerusalem and traveled in the wilderness for several years. There, he and his wife, Sariah, had a son named Joseph.

------------

Lehi, being descendent of Israel, was an Israelite, and consequently a Semite.

I did read Jeff Lindsay, and quoted him here:

"Now hereā€™s a topic that really spooks people. I should warn you that a portion of this site deals with religion. ā€œMormon? No, please, tell me youā€™re anything but a Mormon!ā€ ā€“ to quote one woman I met in Switzerland. Mormons? Latter-day Saints? Yes, Iā€™m an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (see LDS.org) and have written a lot about the Church and its beliefs. I take on a lot of common questions and attacks in the section I call Mormon Answers (LDS FAQ). While I answer common questions about my religion and defend my faith, I am not saying that the Church is perfect or has a monopoly on truth. I respect many religions and recognize that we can learn much from others. I also recognize that the Church has plenty of pesky mortals in it, and that means errors and embarrassments from time to time. But I do think we have some amazing things that the world should know about, especially The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Got one? Itā€™s a major reason why I am proud to be a member of this Church. My experience with that book has greatly added to my conviction that Jesus Christ is real, that God lives, and that there is a way for men and women to find joy, peace, and meaning in this life and beyond. Oops, there I go, preaching againā€¦."

https://www.jefflindsay.com/

Joseph, son of Jacob (who was renamed Israel), lived in Egypt. He had two sons, named Ephraim and Manasseh. Lehi, a descendant of Manasseh, left Jerusalem and traveled in the wilderness for several years. There, he and his wife, Sariah, had a son named Joseph.

------------

Lehi, being descendent of Israel, was an Israelite, and consequently a Semite.

I did read Jeff Lindsay, and quoted him here:

"Now hereā€™s a topic that really spooks people. I should warn you that a portion of this site deals with religion. ā€œMormon? No, please, tell me youā€™re anything but a Mormon!ā€ ā€“ to quote one woman I met in Switzerland. Mormons? Latter-day Saints? Yes, Iā€™m an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (see LDS.org) and have written a lot about the Church and its beliefs. I take on a lot of common questions and attacks in the section I call Mormon Answers (LDS FAQ). While I answer common questions about my religion and defend my faith, I am not saying that the Church is perfect or has a monopoly on truth. I respect many religions and recognize that we can learn much from others. I also recognize that the Church has plenty of pesky mortals in it, and that means errors and embarrassments from time to time. But I do think we have some amazing things that the world should know about, especially The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Got one? Itā€™s a major reason why I am proud to be a member of this Church. My experience with that book has greatly added to my conviction that Jesus Christ is real, that God lives, and that there is a way for men and women to find joy, peace, and meaning in this life and beyond. Oops, there I go, preaching againā€¦."

https://www.jefflindsay.com/
I take it that you havenā€™t read the Bible. If you had, you would know that Joseph and 9 other tribes were carried away from Israel around 720BC. They never returned and were scattered into the civilizations throughout Asia Minor and other nations in and around Europe and Russia. A few were able to hide like Lehiā€™s ancestors in Jerusalem. Other than that, Judah and half of Benjamin were not carried away. Lehiā€™s line to today would therefore not be of Judah or other Semitic people. I understand your inability to logically reason but really, this isnā€™t brain surgery.

I take it that you havenā€™t read the Bible. If you had, you would know that Joseph and 9 other tribes were carried away from Israel around 720BC. They never returned and were scattered into the civilizations throughout Asia Minor and other nations in and around Europe and Russia. A few were able to hide like Lehiā€™s ancestors in Jerusalem. Other than that, Judah and half of Benjamin were not carried away. Lehiā€™s line to today would therefore not be of Judah or other Semitic people. I understand your inability to logically reason but really, this isnā€™t brain surgery.
Many member of "the lost tribes of Israel" were not lost, but they migrated south. During this time Jerusalem shows a considerable increase in population. Others of these "lost tribes" were transported to Babylonia, where they joined those carried off in the Babylonia captivity. When Cyrus the Great ended the Babylonian captivity, they returned to the environs of Jerusalem.

What really matters is that Lehi and the others with whom the Book of Mormon claims crossed the Atlantic Ocean were Caucasians. There is no evidence of Caucasian DNA in the Americas until the coming of the Europeans, which did not happen until 1492.

Many member of "the lost tribes of Israel" were not lost, but they migrated south. During this time Jerusalem shows a considerable increase in population. Others of these "lost tribes" were transported to Babylonia, where they joined those carried off in the Babylonia captivity. When Cyrus the Great ended the Babylonian captivity, they returned to the environs of Jerusalem.

What really matters is that Lehi and the others with whom the Book of Mormon claims crossed the Atlantic Ocean were Caucasians. There is no evidence of Caucasian DNA in the Americas until the coming of the Europeans, which did not happen until 1492.
You have the two events mixed up. There were two evasions. One by the Assyrians that Isaiah warned about. Then, the Babylonians that happened over a hundred years later. Assyrians took the entire Northern Kingdom and half of Benjamin away to the North. None to the south. They are referred to in history as to the ā€œLost Tribes of Israel.ā€ They were assimilated into the countries they went to. They intermarried and lost their Semitic identity. Iā€™m sure there were a few that escaped or were able to hide amongst the Southern Kingdom of Judah and half of Benjamin. Such as Lehi and his familyā€™s ancestors. So, any of Josephā€™s DNA would be found in the countries from Asia Minor and the Russia region. That includes Siberia. So, thatā€™s why the Native Americans from North to South donā€™t have DNA from Israelā€™s Jews. Israelā€™s Jews are of Judah.
I donā€™t understand why this is so difficult for you to understand? Unless you are 12 years old with no cognitive abilities.

You have the two events mixed up. There were two evasions. One by the Assyrians that Isaiah warned about. Then, the Babylonians that happened over a hundred years later. Assyrians took the entire Northern Kingdom and half of Benjamin away to the North. None to the south. They are referred to in history as to the ā€œLost Tribes of Israel.ā€ They were assimilated into the countries they went to. They intermarried and lost their Semitic identity. Iā€™m sure there were a few that escaped or were able to hide amongst the Southern Kingdom of Judah and half of Benjamin. Such as Lehi and his familyā€™s ancestors. So, any of Josephā€™s DNA would be found in the countries from Asia Minor and the Russia region. That includes Siberia. So, thatā€™s why the Native Americans from North to South donā€™t have DNA from Israelā€™s Jews. Israelā€™s Jews are of Judah.
I donā€™t understand why this is so difficult for you to understand? Unless you are 12 years old with no cognitive abilities.
You have skirted the fact that there was no Caucasian DNA in the Americas until the voyage of Columbus. The Book of Mormon claims that all of the American Indians are descended from migrants from the Near East. DNA evidence clearly proves that this is not true.

You have skirted the fact that there was no Caucasian DNA in the Americas until the voyage of Columbus. The Book of Mormon claims that all of the American Indians are descended from migrants from the Near East. DNA evidence clearly proves that this is not true.
No it does not claim that at all. Iā€™m trying to explain that Lehi came from Jerusalem but was not of Judah. So, there would be no current day Semitic DNA in American Indians. If Lehi was of Judah, then the Native Americans would have Semitic DNA. This proves the Book of Mormon people were not Semitic and the DNA is consistent with Lehi being of Joseph.
You really lack cognitive capabilities

so few Indians have been checked for dna that you cannot make that claim with any reasonable chance of being right.

so few Indians have been checked for dna that you cannot make that claim with any reasonable chance of being right.
Wouldnā€™t matter. Lehi was if Joseph. Joseph would not be from Israelā€™s Judah. So, it makes sense the DNA of Natives would not be Semitic.

Why the Mormon Church is not the TRUE churchJesus Christ started?​
Robert Millet is part of the Church Public Affairs (Manager of Outreach andInterfaith Relations)
Millet is the Mormon churches spokesman to try and make peace withChristians, he currently does public tours called dialogues between anEvangelical and Mormon. Millet states, ā€œmuch of the misunderstanding in modern Christendomstems from a ā€œvocabulary issueā€ -- the need to educate ourselves as towhat our friends mean.ā€ I agree, the meaning of what is said can bedifferent than the words. The meaning can alsobe more important then the words said. We will consider the LDSchurch own words and statements; themeaning becomes obvious.
In this article the main differences between true Christianity and what thereligion of Mormonism proposes as the truth will be laid out for anyone tounderstand. The choice of which is true will be their own.
I want to make it clear for both Mormons and Christians how divided we areon the essentials of the Christian faith, that is based on the teachings ofJesus Christ and His Apostles. My intent is not to make Mormons angry (it maybe unavoidable) but to have them understandthe basic differences and why we do not accept their religion as authenticChristianity. I will only quote from their officials; their presidentā€™s,prophet's and apostles.
We will concentrate on only three things: 1) The nature of God. 2) JesusChrist, and 3) the way of Salvation. With their own quotes next to the Bibleand the explanations of the text it will be proven they have a very differentmessage than the Christian church does from the Bible. A message that is not compatible at allwith Jesus Christ, nor with the apostles.
1) The Nature of God
Mormons teach there are many Gods and that man himself can become a god.Mormon teaching- ā€œQuestion- Are there more Gods than one? Answer- Yes,many.1 Cor 8:5ā€ (Catechism, by Elder John Jaques, chapter 4, page 13.)
The Bible teaches there is only ONE true God who eternally exists beforeanything was made and that all other gods are false.
MORMONISM -ā€œYou have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, andto be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before youā€(Founder and Mormon Prophet Joseph Smith, The Journal ofDiscourses, Vol. VI, page 4)
Their own prophet taught that men who are created by God can become God. Ofcourse their concept of God is not the same as the bible because the Bibleteaches God always existed as God, does not change, so no creature created byhim can become Him.
ā€œGod himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted Man, and sitsenthroned in yonder heavens ( Founder and Mormon Prophet JosephSmith, April 6, 1844, The Journal of Discourses, Vol. VI,page 3
ā€œ...He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all,dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did...ā€ (History ofthe Church, Vol. 6, p. 305-306).
The Bible- ā€œProfessing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of theincorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man (Romans 1:22-23)
They are teaching that God was a man ā€œas we are nowā€ and then achieved hisexalted rank. So God the Father was not always the Father, but becamethe Father (see John 17)
ā€œNow hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint andsinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into itwith a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him.(Second President and Prophet Brigham Young, April 9, 1852, recorded inThe Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, page 50).
ā€œAs man is, god once was; as God is, man may become.ā€(LorenzoSnow the fifth President of the Church, LDS Church News, Jan. 16, 1983,p. 14)
ā€œIn the Heaven where our spirits were born, there are many Gods, each oneof whom has his own wife or wives which were given to him previous to hisredemption, while yet in his mortal stateā€ (The Seer, by ApostleOrson Pratt, Vol. 1, March 1853, No. 3, page 37)
ā€œThe Gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earthā€ (ā€œBookof Abraham,ā€4:1, in The Pearl of Great Price, by the Prophet JosephSmith, page 38.
ā€œThe head God called together the Gods and sat in grand council tobring forth the world.ā€
ā€œI wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I havepreached on the subject of deity, it has been on the plurality of Godsā€¦thedoctrine of a plurality of Gods is as prominent in the Bible as any otherdoctrine.ā€ (founder J. Smith History of the church Vol.6 pp.308,474)
The founder Smith was so convinced of his Godhood that he declared ā€œMyFather worked out his kingdom with fear and trembling, and I must do the same;and when I get my kingdom, I shall present it to my Father, so that he mayobtain kingdom upon kingdom, and it will exalt him in glory. He will then takea higher exaltation, and I will TAKE HIS PLACE, and thereby become EXALTEDMYSELF.ā€ (LDS ā€œFounderā€ and ā€œProphetā€ Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses,Vol. 6, p. 4, 1844, emphasis added)
ā€œIn the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods;and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and people itā€(sermon by Founder and Prophet Joseph Smith, April 6, 1844, recorded in TheJournal of Discourses, Vol. VI, page 5)
Joseph Smith said ā€œGod himself was once as we are now, and is anexalted man.ā€ ā€œā€¦I say, if you were to see him today, you would see himlike a man in form- like yourselves, in all the person, image and very form asa manā€¦ā€ (founder Joseph Smith history of the Church vol.6 p.305 also teachings ofthe prophet J.Smith p.345)
ā€œIt [Mormonism] is the only system of religion known in heaven or onearth that can EXALT A MAN TO THE GODHEAD, and this it will do to all thosewho embrace its laws and faithfully observe its precepts.ā€ (LDS ā€œProphetā€and second president Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, p. 251, 1863)
Spencer W. Kimball, the twelfth president of the church stated: ā€œBrethren,225,000 of you are here tonight. 1 suppose 225,000 of you may become gods. Thereseems to be plenty of space out there in the universe. And the Lord has provedthat he knows how to do it. 1 think he could make, or probably have us helpmake, worlds for all of us, for every one of us 225,000ā€ (The Ensign, p.80, Nov. 1975).
Brigham Young the second president of the church, ā€œHow manyGods there are, I do not know. But there never was a time when there were noGods and worldsā€¦ā€(Brigham Young Journal of Discourses, vol. 7p.333).
What Mormon can believe in only one God? If they did, they would go againsttheir founder, the prophets, presidents, apostles and all the teachings intheir church.They would not have the testimony of their founder Joseph Smithbeing a prophet.
The Bible- Isaiah 44:6 ā€œBeside Me there is no Godā€
Psalm 90:2 ā€œBefore the mountains were brought forth, orever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting toeverlasting, thou art Godā€
Deuteronomy 33:27 ā€œThe eternal Godā€
Deuteronomy 6:4 ā€œour God is one LORDā€
Deuteronomy 4:35,39 ā€œUnto thee it was shown, that thou mightestknow that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.v.39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORDhe is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.ā€
Isaiah 44:6, 8 ā€œThus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and hisredeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besideme there is no God. Fear ye not, neither be afraid; have not I told theefrom that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there aGod beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
Isaiah 45:5 ā€œI am the LORD, and there is none else, there isno God beside Meā€
Isaiah 45:18 ā€œFor thus says the Lord, Who created the heavens, Whois God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did notcreate it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord, and thereis no other.ā€
Isaiah 45:21 ā€œand there is no God else beside me; a justGod and a Savior; there is none beside me.
God says that he alone is God, not just over this world but in all thingsHe alone created. He is the Eternal One (ā€œI AMā€, Exodus 3:14). No onecould or ever will be able to become deity or God.
Psalm 86:10 ā€œFor thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thouart God alone.
I Chronicles 17:26
ā€œThou alone art Godā€
2 Samuel 7:22 ā€œO LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither isthere any God beside theeā€
1 Kings 8:60
ā€œthe LORD is God, and that there is none else.
ISAIAH 46:9
ā€œFor I am God, and there is none else; I am God, andthere is none like me.ā€
This means that none become God like the gods before them
John 17:3
ā€œAnd this is life eternal, that they might knowthee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sentā€
1 Timothy 2:5 ā€œ For there is one God, and one mediatorbetween God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
2) Jesus
This brings us to the next Mormon distinctive that differs from orthodoxChristianity ā€“ the Jesus of Mormonism. Mormon theology widely differs from Christianityon this subject, they teach that a ā€œHeavenly Fatherā€ and ā€œHeavenlyMotherā€ begat spirits, Jesus was born in heaven with many other spiritbrothers-including Lucifer. The Bible does not teach of a mother (or Father andson as a family) but the Mormon church does.
ā€œThis doctrine that there is a Mother in Heaven was affirmedin plainness by the First Presidency of the Church (Mormon Doctrine,Apostle McConkie 1979, page 516)
Milton R. Hunter, who served in the First Council of the Seventy, confirms:ā€œThe stupendous truth of the existence of a Heavenly Mother, aswell as a Heavenly Father, became established facts in Mormon theologyā€(The Gospel Through the Ages, 1958, p.98).
Their own president should settle the matter-Hinckley was asked on aprime-time Australian TV broadcast if his church taught that God the Fatherhas a wife, he replied, ā€œI don't know, but I suppose so. As we have aFather I assume we have a mother.ā€ Pressed by interviewer David Ransom,Hinckley acknowledged: ā€œYes. Well we...Yes, we have a mother in heavenā€(From a transcript of the 9 November 1997 Compass TV program, AustralianBroadcast Company president Hinckley)
ā€œIn the pre-mortal spirit life Jesus, Lucifer, and all of us were thespirit children of God and His wivesā€ (Gospel Through the Ages, pp.15, 93-99; Journal of Discourses, Vol. XI, p. 122). Apostle Bruce McConkiewrote, ā€œThe first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (MormonDoctrine, p. 129.) This agrees with Joseph F. Smith, sixth president of theLDS Church, ā€œAmong the spirit children of Elohim, the first-born wasand is Jehovah, or Jesus Christ, to whom all others are juniorsā€ (GospelDoctrine, p. 70).
According to Joseph F. Smith, sixth president of the LDS Church, ā€œAmongthe spirit children of Elohim, the first-born was and is Jehovah, or JesusChrist, to whom all others are juniors,ā€ (Gospel Doctrine, p. 70).Joseph F. Smith, Jr., made this plain in his book,: ā€œThe birth of theSavior was a natural occurrence unattended with any degree ofmysticism, and the Father God was the literal parent of Jesus in the flesh aswell as in the spiritā€( Religious Truths Defined, page 44)
In the book of Mormon, Alma 7:10 Jesus was born at Jerusalem. In Micah 5:2;Luke 2:4 the Bible states it was Bethlehem. The Mormonā€™s argument is thatā€œJerusalemā€ refers to the general vicinity, but in I Nephi 1:3 itis called a ā€œcity.ā€ Bethlehem and Jerusalem are two different citiesaccording to the Bible. So they have a Jesus also born in a different city.
Doctrine and Covenants 93:21-23 teaches that, ā€œChrist, the Firstborn,was the mightiest of all the spirit children of the Father.ā€ Joseph F.Smith the sixth prophet of the LDS Church said this of Jesus, ā€œAmong thespirit children of Elohim, the first-born was and is Jehovah, or Jesus Christ,to whom all others are juniors,ā€ (Gospel Doctrine, p. 70).
The Mormons Jesus is created, the Bibles Jesus is the creator. Jesus cannotbe both created and non- created, the brother of the devil and the creator ofthe Devil. He is either one or the other.
The Bible- Tells all those from the time of Jesus onward toour day who Jesus ACTUALLY is- 1 Timothy 3:16 tells us ā€œGod wasmanifested in the flesh.ā€ This goes along with various other passages suchas Romans 9:5 ā€œAccording to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all,the eternally blessed God. Amen
In Hebrews 1:10 The Father speaking of the Son, ā€œAnd, Thou, Lord, inthe beginning has laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens arethe works of your hands... and they shall be changed: but thou art thesameā€ (quoting Psalm 102:25).
John 1:3 ā€œAll things were made through Him, and withoutHim nothing was made that was made.ā€
Colossians 1:16-17 ā€œFor by Him all things were created that arein heaven and that are on earth,
Revelation 1:7-8 ā€œBehold, He is coming with clouds, and every eyewill see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth willmourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. ā€œI am the Alpha and the Omega, theBeginning and the End,ā€ says the Lord, ā€œwho is and who was and who is tocome, the Almighty.ā€
In conclusion on this topic. What kind of God became flesh? For the Mormons-none. Jesus is an angel that became a man, and was exalted to become a God.
The Bible- ā€œJesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Donot be carried about with various and strange doctrines.ā€ (Hebrews13:8-9)
The Jesus of Mormonism is not the Jesus of the Bible. They cannot be bothcreated and non- created.
3) The Gospel​
Now we come the most important part of this article. Iā€™m speaking thetruth in love, there is nothing more that I would desire than to see Mormonsunderstand the gospel that is the Bible.
Galatians 1:8-9: ā€But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preachany other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him beaccursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, ifanyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you havereceived, let him be accursed.ā€
Paul states in 2 Corinthians11:3-4 ā€œBut I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by hiscraftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is inChrist. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus(thatā€™s what Mormons have) whom we have not preached, or if you receive a differentspirit (thatā€™s what Mormons have) which you have notreceived, or a different gospel (thatā€™s whatMormons have) which you have not accepted-- you may well put up with it!ā€
Mormonism
ā€œThe Sectarian Dogma of justification by Faith alone has exercised aninfluence for evil since the early days of Christianityā€ (The Articlesof Faith, by Apostle James E. Talmage, 1899 edition, page 120. In his1925 edition of The Articles of Faith, on page 479, he calls ā€œjustificationby faith aloneā€ ā€œthis pernicious doctrine.ā€)
ā€œAs with the proposal of Lucifer in the preexistence to save allmankind, so with the doctrine of salvation by grace alone, without works, asit is taught in modern Christendom -- both concepts are false. There is nosalvation in either of them. They both come from the same source; they are notof Godā€ (What Think Ye of Salvation by Grace p. 49; Robert Millet,p. 73)
Joseph Fielding Smith, the tenth prophet, explained ā€œOur EternalFather would have every soul saved if that were feasible. Salvation,however, is based on merit and obedience to divine law and therefore is onlyobtained through compliance with divine commandmentsā€ (Nov. 1965, p.962).
George Q. Cannon speaking of Joseph Smith ā€œIf we get oursalvation, we shall have to pass by him, if we enter our glory, it will bethrough the authority he has received. We cannot get around himā€ (George Q.Cannon, 1988 Melchezedik guide, p.142)
2 Nephi 25:23 by grace we are saved, after all we can do.ā€
ā€œTherefore, acting alone, the grace of Christ is notsufficient for salvation. The works of man -- the ordinances of salvation,the deeds of service and acts of charity and mercy -- are necessary forsalvation...ā€ (By Grace Are We Saved: The necessity of God'sgrace in addition to man's good works, 1989 ed., p. 70)
Robert. Millet is the one who is going around in discussion with GregJohnson telling people that we can get along and that believe the same thing.Here he calls being saved by faith through grace a doctrine of the Devil. ā€œAswith the proposal of Lucifer in the preexistence to save all mankind, so withthe doctrine of salvation by grace alone, without works, as it is taught inmodern Christendom -- both concepts are false. There is no salvation in eitherof them. They both come from the same source; they are not of Godā€™ (WhatThink Ye of Salvation by Grace p. 49; cf. Robert Millet, p. 73).
Marion Romney (LDS First Presidency) said, ā€œThis Church is the ensignon the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, thetruth, and the lifeā€ (Conference Report, April, 1961, pg. 119).
ā€œSo hear it all ye ends of the earth; if you ever enter into the kingdomof God, it is because Joseph Smith let you go there. This will apply to Jewsand Gentiles, to the bond and free; to friends and foes; no man or woman inthis generation will get a resurrection and be crowned without Joseph sayingso. (Second president Brigham Young, Conference held on October 8, 1854)
The Bible -
ā€œFor by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [itis] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boastā€(Ephesians 2:4ā€“9).
ā€œbeing justified freely by His grace through the redemptionthat is in Christ Jesusā€ (Rom. 3:24). V.28 ā€œTherefore weconclude that a man is justified by faith apart from thedeeds of the lawā€
ā€œBut what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yeadoubtless, and I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of theknowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of allthings, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ, And be found inhim, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that whichis through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faithā€(Philippians 3:7ā€“9).
ā€œNot by works of righteousness which we have done, but according tohis mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewingof the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ ourSaviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirsaccording to the hope of eternal lifeā€ (Titus 3:5ā€“7).
The Bible speaks of the grace of God through faith to be saved- there is noOTHER way.
As Robert Millet stated ā€œ...if everything we teach and believe isin the Bible, we wouldn't have needed a Joseph Smith, a Book ofMormon, a Doctrines and Covenants or a restoration!ā€(43 minute video, Source: http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/49068/6036%20)
Their spokesman for Church Public Affairs believes that the Bible is insufficient, and they defendthis position today- nothing has changed.
The Bible-Jesus said in Jn.17:8 ā€œI have given them your words you have given me.ā€
Jesus said ā€œmy sheep hear my voice, they will flee from thevoice of stranger.ā€
John 8:47: ā€œHe who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do nothear, because you are not of God.ā€
The whole Old Testament testifies that there is only one God who madeeverything that exists. The whole New Testament testifies that Jesus Christ isthat God who came in human flesh. No matter how one tries to reform or adjustMormon doctrine it does not make it Christian doctrine. Softening the Mormonposition on these 3 points does not make it authentic and can only bring intoquestion anyoneā€™s honesty in their motives. If the concept of many gods isnot abandoned, if the belief that Jesus is a spirit creature is not abandonedthen the gospel that centers on Jesus Christ cannot be the true gospel. And ifit is not the true authentic one, then it cannot save no matter how sincere aperson is.

Scientists have developed the ability to extract DNA from skeletons. The entire genome of Neanderthals has been mapped. Plenty of skeletons of American Indians who died before the coming of Europeans have been found. They have no Caucasian DNA, and certainly no Semitic DNA, as the Book of Mormon would lead us to expect.

No it does not claim that at all. Iā€™m trying to explain that Lehi came from Jerusalem but was not of Judah. So, there would be no current day Semitic DNA in American Indians. If Lehi was of Judah, then the Native Americans would have Semitic DNA. This proves the Book of Mormon people were not Semitic and the DNA is consistent with Lehi being of Joseph.
You really lack cognitive capabilities

Lehi was a Caucasian. There is no evidence of Caucasian DNA in American Indian skeletons of people who died before Columbus. The DNA resembles the DNA of people living in Northern Siberia.

Lehi was a Caucasian. There is no evidence of Caucasian DNA in American Indian skeletons of people who died before Columbus. The DNA resembles the DNA of people living in Northern Siberia.
Why do you say Lehi was Caucasian?

Let me also say, Mexicans are considered caucasians. Did you know this? Oops!

Let me also say, Mexicans are considered caucasians. Did you know this? Oops!
Mexicans usually have some white ancestry. No American Indians prior to the time of Columbus had any white ancestry. The Book of Mormon claims that all the American Indians had white ancestry.

Mexicans usually have some white ancestry. No American Indians prior to the time of Columbus had any white ancestry. The Book of Mormon claims that all the American Indians had white ancestry.
You are not versed in anthropology. ā€œWhiteā€ has nothing to do with being Caucasian. You need to do some research before continuing to look ignorant.

So, back to the contention of anti-Mormons, the DNA thing is all about the fact that DNA of American Indians does not align with current Jewish people in the Middle East. It has nothing to do with the color of one's skin. Nor, does it have to do with Caucasians. It's simply that American Indians don't have Jewish DNA. Plain and simple.
I explained why this is so. "In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria and he carred them away to the Assyria and placed them in Halah, and on the Harbor, the river of Gozan, and the cities of Medes. In the years 722-721 BC, the ten tribes who comprised of northern Kingdom of Israel disappeared." So, originally, they were sent to Iran and Northern Afghanastan and Central Asia. From there, they assimilated into the general civilizations as well as drifted around Europe and Russia and other places I'm sure. The tribe of Joseph was amongst them and was lost. In any event, the "Arab" people today are not of the tribe of Judah or Jewish. They are Semites but not of Judah. The DNA of the current Jewish people cannot match up with the current DNA of all Caucasian natural native Americans in north or south America. Thus, it's plausible that they are in fact descendants of Joseph in which Lehi and Nephi are. So, the Anti-Mormon claim of DNA only goes to prove The Book of Mormon accurate when it comes to DNA.

So, back to the contention of anti-Mormons, the DNA thing is all about the fact that DNA of American Indians does not align with current Jewish people in the Middle East. It has nothing to do with the color of one's skin. Nor, does it have to do with Caucasians. It's simply that American Indians don't have Jewish DNA. Plain and simple.
I explained why this is so. "In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria and he carred them away to the Assyria and placed them in Halah, and on the Harbor, the river of Gozan, and the cities of Medes. In the years 722-721 BC, the ten tribes who comprised of northern Kingdom of Israel disappeared." So, originally, they were sent to Iran and Northern Afghanastan and Central Asia. From there, they assimilated into the general civilizations as well as drifted around Europe and Russia and other places I'm sure. The tribe of Joseph was amongst them and was lost. In any event, the "Arab" people today are not of the tribe of Judah or Jewish. They are Semites but not of Judah. The DNA of the current Jewish people cannot match up with the current DNA of all Caucasian natural native Americans in north or south America. Thus, it's plausible that they are in fact descendants of Joseph in which Lehi and Nephi are. So, the Anti-Mormon claim of DNA only goes to prove The Book of Mormon accurate when it comes to DNA.
You do not seem to understand DNA. A person's DNA proves the person's race. The Book of Mormon claims that the New World was populated by Mid Eastern refugees. The DNA of American Indians proves before the time of Columbias proves that that is not true.

Forum List

Back