Zone1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the only true and living Church today

So, Abraham was an adulterer? And Jacob/Israel?

And anyone who followed the practice of Levirate marriage?
It’s like these people hear what their master ministers force them to believe and then they can’t logic reason for themselves.

Church doctrines can rarely be proved or disproved.. I am interested in the lies in Th e Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham. Those lies can be proved.
No they cannot be. The lies anti-Mormons have attempted have all been debunked.

You have not "debunked" my criticism of The Book of Mormon and The Book of Abraham.
I have. It's all in the post with the link to www.jefflindsey.com. It's all there. The main thing is that you don't have any of the writings of The Book of Mormon on the Plates that helped with translation. You also don't have a 10th of what was in the coffin of the mummies to make your claims. And, you don't have the knowledge of what "translation" meant to Joseph Smith, especially the process with assistance of the Urim and Thummim and the angel Moroni. It's not "translation" like you think of. Could also be the reason for The Book of Abraham or the Pearl of Great Price.

I have. It's all in the post with the link to www.jefflindsey.com. It's all there. The main thing is that you don't have any of the writings of The Book of Mormon on the Plates that helped with translation. You also don't have a 10th of what was in the coffin of the mummies to make your claims. And, you don't have the knowledge of what "translation" meant to Joseph Smith, especially the process with assistance of the Urim and Thummim and the angel Moroni. It's not "translation" like you think of. Could also be the reason for The Book of Abraham or the Pearl of Great Price.
This is what I got when I clicked on www.jefflindsey.com

jefflindsey.com​

is for sale!

You better come up with something better than that.

Sorry, www.Jefflindsay.com
Just a misspelling. At the top, click on LSDFAQ and enjoy
That has a whole lot of links to other reading material. have you read any of it?

I am used to people giving me reading lists when I beat them in an argument.

Instead of telling me to read a list of books, answer two questions:

Where is there independent evidence that any of the events mentioned in the Book of Mormon actually happened?

How can the same document be The Book of Abraham and The Book of Breathing?

Get a copy of The Book of Abraham. The facsimile's on pages 28, 36, and 41 are clearly from The Book of Breathing. The real explanations have nothing in common with Joseph Smith's explanations.

That has a whole lot of links to other reading material. have you read any of it?

I am used to people giving me reading lists when I beat them in an argument.

Instead of telling me to read a list of books, answer two questions:

Where is there independent evidence that any of the events mentioned in the Book of Mormon actually happened?

How can the same document be The Book of Abraham and The Book of Breathing?

Get a copy of The Book of Abraham. The facsimile's on pages 28, 36, and 41 are clearly from The Book of Breathing. The real explanations have nothing in common with Joseph Smith's explanations.
If you go into LDSFAQ at the top, there is an index and you can click on Book of Abraham. I’d scroll down a bit where he begins the actual study and questions. But, it’s all there and a lot more as many references are linked as well. This is a scholars site. Not for the person who wants to only prove their point.

If you go into LDSFAQ at the top, there is an index and you can click on Book of Abraham. I’d scroll down a bit where he begins the actual study and questions. But, it’s all there and a lot more as many references are linked as well. This is a scholars site. Not for the person who wants to only prove their point.
It is not a scholar's site. It is a site for people who want desperately to believe what is clearly not true. The author probably uses a lot of big fancy words. The people who read his essay do not really understand it, but it looks erudite, so they assume it must be true.

You can't even present his arguments in your own words, so I do not think you know.

Keep in mind, that when I investigated Mormonism at the age of 19 I wanted to become a Mormon, but I wanted to know that Mormonism was true. I did not want to be carried along with a lot of emotion, listen to a lot of testimonies, and so on. I wanted facts.

Well, I got my facts all right. I concluded reluctantly from what I learned that Joseph Smith was a charlatan. He was not deluded, and he was certainly not a prophet. He was a liar.

I tell you what. Link directly to the essay by this Lindsey character. If it is less than 10,000 words I will read it and tell you what is erroneous in his reasoning.

It is not a scholar's site. It is a site for people who want desperately to believe what is clearly not true. The author probably uses a lot of big fancy words. The people who read his essay do not really understand it, but it looks erudite, so they assume it must be true.

You can't even present his arguments in your own words, so I do not think you know.

Keep in mind, that when I investigated Mormonism at the age of 19 I wanted to become a Mormon, but I wanted to know that Mormonism was true. I did not want to be carried along with a lot of emotion, listen to a lot of testimonies, and so on. I wanted facts.

Well, I got my facts all right. I concluded reluctantly from what I learned that Joseph Smith was a charlatan. He was not deluded, and he was certainly not a prophet. He was a liar.
You are so pitiful. You just want a site to prove you right. No, this is scholarship in its finest. He doesn’t hide any issues like you do. It’s very long and detail and that isn’t helpful to your bigotry. In understand

I tell you what. Link directly to the essay by this Lindsey character. If it is less than 10,000 words I will read it and tell you what is erroneous in his reasoning.
Such a poor student. I once took a class from a prominent physicist. He said that many proofs they worked on would last 13 hours just to prove a small concept. You are a sad example of your anti-Mormon bigots. Just read it.

Forum List

Back