The all-volunteer force is dying.

The military just needs to spend more money attracting LGBTQRS people to join that will solve their problems. Joe needs you to go to Ukraine if he wins a second term

please try and put your big person pants on and listen

Experts point to a variety of reasons, such as insufficient pay and benefits, a difficult work-life balance, fear of personal harm, and a relatively good job market. Some on the right say military “wokeness” is the problem; some on the left blame sexual assault and discrimination in the ranks.

Military professionals tell me all these factors are at play. But even if these issues were “fixed,” the all-volunteer force’s long-term decline will continue.

The fact is, the pool of Americans aged 17 to 24 who are qualified and interested in serving continues to shrink. When I was Army secretary in 2017, 71 percent of these 34 million young people could not meet the military’s entry requirements, mostly because of obesity, drug abuse, and physical and mental health problems. That number is even higher now.

Experts point to a variety of reasons, such as insufficient pay and benefits, a difficult work-life balance, fear of personal harm, and a relatively good job market. Some on the right say military “wokeness” is the problem; some on the left blame sexual assault and discrimination in the ranks.

Military professionals tell me all these factors are at play. But even if these issues were “fixed,” the all-volunteer force’s long-term decline will continue.

The fact is, the pool of Americans aged 17 to 24 who are qualified and interested in serving continues to shrink. When I was Army secretary in 2017, 71 percent of these 34 million young people could not meet the military’s entry requirements, mostly because of obesity, drug abuse, and physical and mental health problems. That number is even higher now.
If you are that worried, why not sign up yourself?

:auiqs.jpg:

If the military doesn’t want recruits with mental problems then they shouldn’t be targeting those people

It is sad that such organiziations such as this exist to fight for health care for veterans.

Meanwhile, illegals are walking across the border getting free care.

For all those that do try to take on the US government to receive proper medical care they are due, good luck, you are going to need it.

Last edited:
The reasons for a Volunteer force in the first place is usually lost on people.Thank you for sharing some things.

I believe a Secretary knows more than either of us, as he posts facts we may not be aware of:

I go with the higher pay, along with the enlistment and retention bonuses. Many times I have thought, more of the money spent on new toys, should be spent on the troops to man and maintain systems. So, the military has to compete with the expanded job market and higher pay of the free economy. Tough. Let it compete. Stock up on Ensure. Expand the fatboy platoons, drive on and Gitter Done. It ain't about your granddad's 1/4 ton jeep and 60s era tanks and equipment. Everything is more high tech, more complicated, faster and more lethal now. Just like in the civilian world, if you got to pay to compete, you pay to compete, as going out of business is not an option.

1695333482039.png

My older brother spent 17 months in Vietnam in the marines. When he got home I told him that I was considering joining the marines. He told me that he would break both my legs. Not wanting to be a cripple, I joined the coast guard.
I always thought that the all-volunteer service was a bad idea. It is an honor to serve, regardless of what other people think of it.

My older brother spent 17 months in Vietnam in the marines. When he got home I told him that I was considering joining the marines. He told me that he would break both my legs. Not wanting to be a cripple, I joined the coast guard.
I always thought that the all-volunteer service was a bad idea. It is an honor to serve, regardless of what other people think of it.
I had no problem with fellow dogfaces in the army.

What trade did yous learn in the military?
i learned electronics technology and eventually earned my engineering degree thanks to the marines. the military needs every conceivable skill and is an excellent place to learn.

i learned electronics technology and eventually earned my engineering degree thanks to the marines. the military needs every conceivable skill and is an excellent place to learn.
I did anti armor missile systems repair and generator repair so it was electrical and electronics for me

I did anti armor missile systems repair and generator repair so it was electrical and electronics for me

in an infantry unit i learned to carry heavy weights for long distances and to dig. all valuable skills.

Why would you expect compassion by a board troll, he adds nothing to a conversation, calls others names, insults and intolerant?
To show the world what a turd he is, which I did.

But also to let people know how the government treats its soldiers.

The medical care they are given is suboptimal. For example, I know several who go to doctors at the VA for easy stuff, but pay out of pocket for the more complicated stuff because they don't want subpar care.

This is what free health care would look like for the country if that turd had his way.

Great thing is that they can now draft women.
which makes a draft impractical. until we get these court cases involving women, gays, and trans settled.

for any kind of war as envisioned by putin we will need "all hands on deck." and we will not have them.

Forum List

Back