If ‘Diversity Is Our Strength,’ Why Is Our Military So Weak?

The military is relatively weak now because its backbone - working class white guys, mainly from the South - is rejecting the culture that pervades it, for obvious reasons.

On paper, a military enlistment should be a viable option for any HS grad (and I do mean a GRAD) who does not intend to go to college. The pay is good (considering that it is all "disposable"), its duration is known, and for those who are so inclined, you can get the Service to pay you to learn a valuable skill or trade. Furthermore, unless you are quite fortunate, the other options are not so good. "Would you like fries with that?"

And yet, if you poll such people, military service is not even on their radar screens.

As I have written in this space before, the greatest vulnerability of the Armed Forces is the Officer Efficiency Report. This performance evaluation literally determines your future as a military officer. A single blemish on your OER can doom you to either being tossed out before you want, or never reaching a reasonable grade, no matter how long you stay in. Accordingly, officers will do whatever they are told, without hesitation or question, even if they personally think it is stupid or counterproductive. This explains the "success" of such initiatives as gays serving openly, trans-serving soldiers, sailors and airmen, and promotion of mediocre, unqualified women and POC's.

What sane young man would voluntarily enter into that cultural cesspool? I have stopped even mentioning military service to the young men in my society; today, it would be a horrible idea.

But all it takes is a good President - a Republican President, to be succinct - to reverse all of this, within a few years.

For the record, there are two things keeping our military at its current passable level: The patriotic Americans who continue to enlist and serve, and technology; we have the best in the world, by far.

The military is relatively weak now because its backbone - working class white guys, mainly from the South - is rejecting the culture that pervades it, for obvious reasons.

On paper, a military enlistment should be a viable option for any HS grad (and I do mean a GRAD) who does not intend to go to college. The pay is good (considering that it is all "disposable"), its duration is known, and for those who are so inclined, you can get the Service to pay you to learn a valuable skill or trade. Furthermore, unless you are quite fortunate, the other options are not so good. "Would you like fries with that?"

And yet, if you poll such people, military service is not even on their radar screens.

As I have written in this space before, the greatest vulnerability of the Armed Forces is the Officer Efficiency Report. This performance evaluation literally determines your future as a military officer. A single blemish on your OER can doom you to either being tossed out before you want, or never reaching a reasonable grade, no matter how long you stay in. Accordingly, officers will do whatever they are told, without hesitation or question, even if they personally think it is stupid or counterproductive. This explains the "success" of such initiatives as gays serving openly, trans-serving soldiers, sailors and airmen, and promotion of mediocre, unqualified women and POC's.

What sane young man would voluntarily enter into that cultural cesspool? I have stopped even mentioning military service to the young men in my society; today, it would be a horrible idea.

But all it takes is a good President - a Republican President, to be succinct - to reverse all of this, within a few years.

For the record, there are two things keeping our military at its current passable level: The patriotic Americans who continue to enlist and serve, and technology; we have the best in the world, by far.

What sane young man would risk dying in some foreign country for reasons no one can explain to him?

What sane young man would risk dying in some foreign country for reasons no one can explain to him?
I'd venture it boils down to leadership....

1711805426946.png

~S~

And I explained why.

It sounded to me more like a personal excuse for why nobody should ever join the military. You do know that less that 10% of those in the US military will ever be in a combat role, right?

It sounded to me more like a personal excuse for why nobody should ever join the military. You do know that less that 10% of those in the US military will ever be in a combat role, right?

I've made more than that one reply in this thread. What you replied to was me responding to what someone else said, not where I explained the reasons for a weak military.

I've made more than that one reply in this thread. What you replied to was me responding to what someone else said, not where I explained the reasons for a weak military.

Your reason was incorrect. Fear of dying on the battlefield never stopped people from joining the military during the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War One and Two, the Korean War, Vietnam, and countless wars in the Middle East.

There have always been brave men and women to whom duty, honor, and country was more important than the fear of getting an ouchie on the battlefield.

So why all of a sudden, under the leadership of Joe Biden, does nobody want to be a soldier?

Your reason was incorrect. Fear of dying on the battlefield never stopped people from joining the military during the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War One and Two, the Korean War, and countless wars in the Middle East.

There have always been brave men and women to whom duty, honor, and country was more important than the fear of getting an ouchie on the battlefield.

So why all of a sudden, under the leadership of Joe Biden, does nobody want to be a soldier?

That wasn't my reason. When you are led to water seems you still can't figure out where to drink.

Much like everything else touched by the retrograde left, they're on course to degrade, and ultimately ruin, the military much like they do with civil society.

It's largely a matter of ideological vigilantism and leftist revulsion for white people that is taking place under the leftist politico-religious ideology of DIE.

Our military is in trouble. Chronic recruiting shortages are forcing the Army to cut 16,500 occupational positions, most of them vacant. The Air Force has proposed a reduction of 8,000 troops after missing recruiting goals for the first time in over 20 years. The Navy is short 9,000 sailors, forcing longer deployments for others.

Race-conscious “diversity, equity, and inclusion” (DEI) policies are making personnel shortages worse. Minority recruitment has remained steady or increased, which is fine, but a steep decline in white recruits almost entirely accounts for the ongoing recruiting crisis.
Define weak Hollie as you use it.

Weak like pootins all white vodka army?

Weak like the all Chinese army?

That wasn't my reason. When you are led to water seems you still can't figure out where to drink.

That doesn't answer my question. So why all of a sudden, under the leadership of Joe Biden, does nobody want to be a soldier, especially in a time when we're not involved in any wars?

Our military is weak because it's spread all around the world. If it was used as intended, simply to defend this country there would be none stronger.
Too much top brass too!! We had 7 4 Star Generals at the height of WWII, we now have over 40 North Korean 4 Stars and 130 3 Stars!!

Close most of the overseas bases, retire 98% of the Generals, disclose the Zero Point Energy and other Secret Space programs

It is a purge by the left. They know that this will effect Patriotic Conservatives from joining.

Nobody wants to join something that is being turned into a FREAK SHOW

Exactly. Why would anyone want to be subjected to DIE ideology that creates and furthers division and mistrust? How does anyone gain respect and trust from a DIE promoted male officer, dressed in women's clothes, lecturing others on competency in leadership?

That doesn't answer my question. So why all of a sudden, under the leadership of Joe Biden, does nobody want to be a soldier, especially in a time when we're not involved in any wars?

The question was about why the military is weak. I answered that.

Because it's spread all around the globe.

Nixon's dream of volly armed forces 1/2 century later.......~S~

Yep. The All Volunteer Army. Meant for loyalists to the Dear Leader only. Another loser for the southern strategy. Now with the influx of immigrants, and minorities in red state where educational, and job opportunities are limited. This has backfired bigly to the fascists in government who thought they could get the enlisted to eventually become their private military.

Now they have to worry about the new DEI military kicking down their door and hanging them in the front yard.

Posts like the OPs demonstrates that fear they have of that very thing happening.

Yep. The All Volunteer Army. Meant for loyalists to the Dear Leader only. Another loser for the southern strategy. Now with the influx of immigrants, and minorities in red state where educational, and job opportunities are limited. This has backfired bigly to the fascists in government who thought they could get the enlisted to eventually become their private military.

Now they have to worry about the new DEI military kicking down their door and hanging them in the front yard.

Posts like the OPs demonstrates that fear they have of that very thing happening.
Whenever you are SKIPPY. Who DA FUCK gave you permission to allow 10 million more in this country??

Hmmm. Take your statenent where the SUN DOESNT SHINE.

Forum List

Back