The 2016 Trumpsters have the same agenda as the 1960's radicals

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
In the 1960's left wing radicals were wanting drastic changes to our US Government. The conservatives were calling out the greatness of our country and saying "Love it or Leave it".
In 2016, the Trumpsters are wanting drastic changes to our US Government. The moderates and mainstream democrats are saying our current government is good but it can be approved.

I wonder if many of the Trumpsters are old hippies from the 1960's.

The far left and the far right are more alike than different.

In the 1960's left wing radicals were wanting drastic changes to our US Government. The conservatives were calling out the greatness of our country and saying "Love it or Leave it".
In 2016, the Trumpsters are wanting drastic changes to our US Government. The moderates and mainstream democrats are saying our current government is good but it can be approved.

If we had a time machine and could take some of the Trump supporters, particularly those who were not around in the 1960s, back in time, I wonder if the Hippies and the Trumpers would see eye to eye? I tend to doubt it.

You are Historically Illiterate.

Trumpsters are more like the John Birch society of the 1960s and the Know Nothings of the 1830s

Elmer, when I was a youngster, Ira Hayes couldn't vote in America, colleges had a 5% quota limit on Jews, and Rosa Parks was required to give up her seat on a bus if a white person wanted it. We were also in a an unwinnable infinite land war in Asia. THAT'S what the 60's was about!

Trumpsters are more like the John Birch society of the 1960s and the Know Nothings of the 1830s
Hey, rightwinger..a memory from the 60s..

Please educate me on where I am wrong historically.

Elmer, when I was a youngster, Ira Hayes couldn't vote in America, colleges had a 5% quota limit on Jews, and Rosa Parks was required to give up her seat on a bus if a white person wanted it. We were also in a an unwinnable infinite land war in Asia. THAT'S what the 60's was about!
In 2016 we want to put quotas on immigrants based on their religion, Blacks and other minorities still feel the fight Rosa Parks started is far from finished and we are stuck in a war in the middle-east

In 2016 we want to put quotas on immigrants based on their religion, Blacks and other minorities still feel the fight Rosa Parks started is far from finished and we are stuck in a war in the middle-east
As Tonto said when he and the Lone Ranger were surrounded by hostile Indians, and the lone Ranger asked "What do we do now"?, and Tonto replied "What do you mean "we", white man? Who wants to put quotas on immigrants based on religion? Who wants to keep Rosa Parks at the back of the bus thru voter manipulation and gerrymandering? Who wants American boots all over the world? Hint: it ain't "we", my friend.

Here's some homework:

Compare and contrast the changes that 60s' Era Hippies demanded with those sought by Trump Supporters.

And then compare the changes that 60s' Era Hippies demanded with the Obama-Clinton Platform and Big Government Agenda.

Here's some homework:

Compare and contrast the changes that 60s' Era Hippies demanded with those sought by Trump Supporters.

And then compare the changes that 60s' Era Hippies demanded with the Obama-Clinton Platform and Big Government Agenda.
Hippies never demanded tax cuts for billionaires

Here's some homework:

60s era hippies demanded...

End to the Vietnam war
End the draft
Free love
Communal living
Relaxing the drug laws
Womens rights
Civil rights

Which of those is supported by Trump supporters?

Well, there were a few Maoists back then.
Ohhhhh, and those scary college girls who didn't shave their legs and wore Ho Chi Minh sandals. Tough crowd to get a date.
What the hell does that have to do with it, besides you showing your stupidity?

There were actual communists, although not a majority or anything:

Maoism in the United States

Revolutionary Communist Party, USA
It is hard to understand sarcasm when reading it, xyz. Sometimes one gets the wrong impression. But I think you read Bendog wrong or do not 'get' his wit. If you look again, I'll bet you'll find him easygoing and slow to anger and looking for humor in most subjects.

As for the 60s movement, sure outside philosophies grabbed a coattail and tried to subvert a cause, but they fell by the wayside. And today we have David Duke and 'sons of' Rockwell and Turner Diaries..all kinds of orgs that think they have a better way. It's up to us to reject them. To condemn a movement because of some hangers-on that do not gain footing is not wise either.

Well, there were a few Maoists back then.
Ohhhhh, and those scary college girls who didn't shave their legs and wore Ho Chi Minh sandals. Tough crowd to get a date.
What the hell does that have to do with it, besides you showing your stupidity?

There were actual communists, although not a majority or anything:

Maoism in the United States

Revolutionary Communist Party, USA
It is hard to understand sarcasm when reading it, xyz. Sometimes one gets the wrong impression. But I think you read Bendog wrong or do not 'get' his wit. If you look again, I'll bet you'll find him easygoing and slow to anger and looking for humor in most subjects.

As for the 60s movement, sure outside philosophies grabbed a coattail and tried to subvert a cause, but they fell by the wayside. And today we have David Duke and 'sons of' Rockwell and Turner Diaries..all kinds of orgs that think they have a better way. It's up to us to reject them. To condemn a movement because of some hangers-on that do not gain footing is not wise either.
I agree with what you are saying, but I think that was a dumb comment, even if being sarcastic.

Here's some homework:

End to the Vietnam war
End the draft
Free love
Communal living
Relaxing the drug laws
Womens rights
Civil rights

Trump supporters do not favor interventionist wars that profit the Big Government Establishment

Trump supporters favor deregulation and free markets

Trump supporters believe in the Constitution, which includes individual rights for all - including Christian Bakers, Women and Minorities. Note, the GOP in the 1960s voted for the Civil Rights Act at much higher ratios than did the Democrats in Congress.

Your party is built on a mythology that the MSM can no longer spin as the 100% narrative. Even if hiLIARy manages to be selected, it's not going to be a happy victory based on how you have demonized half of the country.

Here's some homework:

End to the Vietnam war
End the draft
Free love
Communal living
Relaxing the drug laws
Womens rights
Civil rights

That's what I was thinking. I mean I'm really not a Trump fan because I think he's a racist bully, and racist bullys don't tend to be for the avg joe. However, the Trump supporters, whom I believe are misguided in thinking he's their champion, want higher wages for working joes (and janes). The national dem party is run by people who never fear the draft, have all the free love they want, live in nice digs, have GREAT drugs, have employers who fully support equal pay and good maternity, and affirmative action. IF THEY had anything in common to people trying to raise two kids on 80K with both parents working, Trump wouldn't even be the gop nominee.

Here's some homework:

End to the Vietnam war
End the draft
Free love
Communal living
Relaxing the drug laws
Womens rights
Civil rights

Trump supporters do not favor interventionist wars that profit the Big Government Establishment

Trump supporters favor deregulation and free markets

Trump supporters believe in the Constitution, which includes individual rights for all - including Christian Bakers, Women and Minorities. Note, the GOP in the 1960s voted for the Civil Rights Act at much higher ratios than did the Democrats in Congress.

Your party is built on a mythology that the MSM can no longer spin as the 100% narrative. Even if hiLIARy manages to be selected, it's not going to be a happy victory based on how you have demonized half of the country.

Which is in no way similar to the agenda of hippies in the 1960s

Civil Rights Act would never have passed without Democrat LBJ. Civil Rights was a North/South issue not a Democrat/Republican issue

Forum List

Back