Carbon Tax Is Coming

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Full disclosure, I'm voting for that tax.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire
So what will go down the fastest?

1- Temperatures.
2- Your savings accounts.
3- Your states government morals in the fight for the money.

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9+ times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

When you get the correct answer, you prove CO2 has nothing to do with Earth climate change.

The CO2 tax is just another grab by leftist big government kleptocrats, cashing in on another phony government sponsored scare with no teeth.

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire
And how many people know the impact? That's exactly what wrong with the initiative process. The gullible shooting themselves in the foot.

So taxing people will somehow fix the ecosystem of the planet...

Libs will believe anything.

What about taxation on flatulence?

So taxing people will somehow fix the ecosystem of the planet...

Libs will believe anything.

It works like this.

You are taxed and then someone at the White House turns down the global thermostat.

What about taxation on flatulence?
$10 a fart if you can't pin it on a Republican.

Jeopardy! music still playing... waiting for one left wing taxaholic kleptocrat to answer

WHY does one Earth polar circle have 9+ times the ice of the other???

LOL, ummmm I think we'll just watch you fruit loops Tax yourselves into oblivion.

I'm all for it. I wish it was on the ballot here in Colorado.

Carbon tax? yeah sure the left wingnut politicians love that but what they really want is to be able to trade carbon credits on the stock market. With their knowledge of future events as a member of the house and senate they can clean up. Not the air; clean up as in get filthy rich by doing nothing at all. It's what the whole climate change hoax is about. Trading credits on the worlds markets. You liberals are so gullible. The so called progressive politicians have your number and they play you like a fiddle.

And how many people know the impact? That's exactly what wrong with the initiative process. The gullible shooting themselves in the foot.

You've told me we are in the same state.

If that was true then you know that any negative impact will be minimal on us.

We don't get our energy from coal. Our one and only coal fired plant left in our state was started to be shutdown in 2005. I don't know the progress but that was more than a decade ago so it's probably very close to being done and we don't get any energy from coal.

What this initiative will do is get the coal trains out of our state. If it's too expensive for them to drag their dirty coal to ship to China from our state, they will go to another one. Meanwhile we no longer have the mess that coal train causes. A mess we have to clean up.

You should also know our state is one of the leaders of our nation in many areas including clean energy. We passed a law that requires a certain percentage of our energy comes from renewables and clean sources several years ago. This initiative will help speed up the process to renewable and clean energy sources while making those who pollute our environment clean up the mess they make.

It's a win/win situation.

Looks like theyre leading the way in stupidity and ignorance.

You tell me.

We started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation back in the 90s. It generated so much energy it overloaded the grid. So we voted to raise our taxes to build a new grid to handle all that new and extra energy. We add windmills all the time. Every time I drive through that area of the state, there's new windmills. We have several areas in my state that are the Saudi Arabia of wind.

We don't use coal.

We use water, wind, solar.

As a result I just paid my electric bill. It's a 2 month billing cycle so it's for August and September. That bill was 27 dollars.

We have the third lowest energy rates in the nation. Idaho and West Virginia have lower rates. One state is two tenths of a penny lower. The other state is one tenth of a penny lower.

We generate so much energy here we have surplus energy which we sell to neighboring states.

We have an environment that's not as damaged and dirty as a large portion of our nation.

We also have jobs, higher incomes and higher standard of living.

What taxes are they reducing to offset this new tax?

Carbon tax? yeah sure the left wingnut politicians love that but what they really want is to be able to trade carbon credits on the stock market.

Bingo.

Well, sort of. Carbon credits are not traded on a stock market. ;)

But that is what Wall Street would like to do. Carbon credit trading is a whole new way to rape the rubes.

I'm all for it. I wish it was on the ballot here in Colorado.

It wasn't done by any politician here.

It was done by the will of the people.

Petitions were printed. People went out to get signatures, I signed the petition.

It received enough signatures to get on the ballot and I won't be surprised when it passes.

That's a vote of the people. The people are saying what they want and will get it despite cowardly politicians who've been bought off by the fossil fuel industry.

Forum List

Back