Texting while driving ban.. STUPID..WHERE IS our COMMON SENSE GONE?

If I wasn't a law abiding citizen, I'd probably attempt to drag people out of their cars if I caught them driving and beat them to within an inch of their life for recklessly putting my own in danger. So many close calls from texting and phone call drivers.

This is not a case of big brother taking away our freedom. Evidence has shown texting while driving is more of a danger than drinking and driving. The punishment for doing it should be harsh.

I guess you ain't been driving behind very many texting while driving morons. I say, " Throw their f'n iPhones in the sewer where they belong.

AND you missed my POINT entirely!

TEACH people common sense and not this stupid garbage of "touchy feely crap" or "bully not", or "building self esteem" crap!

TEACH the practical REASONS YOU don't text and drive I>E. YOU can't stop your
f..king car if your eyes are on the keyboard!
Spend the shit...ing money on EDUCATING and NOT LEGLISLATING!

The problem is an addiction to mediocre bullshit conversation on their phone, they'll be texting while you try to show them a film on why it's a bad idea to text. It used to be out loud inane conversation, now it's texting....... the cell phone is easily one of the greatest and absolute worst invention ever...... the only chance is to put a blocker in every car when it is in drive..... you will not be able to use the technology while driving..... period!
And there will be hackers around the blocker!

GEEZ my point was what about teaching personal responsibility?
Teaching the laws of physics i.e. 3 seconds looking at keyboard you've gone 300 feet!

MY point is if WE Spent half of what is spent on "global warming" crap advertising, education from pre-school up on simple LAWS of Responsibility, Common sense..
we wouldn't need a a law against text while driving!

MY POINT is if you are so stupid to think THE ONLY WAY TO stop is to have a Law then you are a total SHEEP!
WHY not personal common sense YOU CAN'T physically TEXT AND DRIVE education?
Daily? With as much religious intensity as "global warming" has done!

Trillions of dollars spent advertising "global warming".. but only a small % on
COMMON SENSE!

Where is your common sense?

Well most of you still missed my point!
And evidently MOST of you MUST have a parent i.e. cop looking at EVERY action you do to make sure you won't hurt yourself or someone else!
MY how times have changed!
It appears MOST of you WANT to be like sheep.
NOT responsible! No common sense!
Literally stupid dumb animals ONLY responding to an adult that knows
YOU DON"T TEXT WHILE DRIVING CAUSE THE LAW OF PHYSICS RULES!
Where are you people with any sense of responsibility? Adults? COMMON SENSE?
I don't text and drive because it is dangerous to others and to me!
Are the rest of you too stupid, too dumb, too lacking in common sense to GET IT?
YOU ARE really pathetic and a growing concern for society's existence when "there oughta be a law" is the ONLY way you sheep respond!
ONE thought.. WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS NO LAW?

you missed the point. I don't need the government to stop me from texting and driving....I need them to stop other from doing it.

If there is no law more people will do it, if there is a law less people will do it...duh

I'm watching the news and this guy is all upset his daughter was killed because the driver was texting and driving. So now he wants a state law banning texting and driving!
STUPID!

Stupid because the reporter showing clearly that texting and driving was a distraction and the reporter states.." and studies show reaction time of 2 to 3 seconds.."
DUH!!!!!

What in fu...k is wrong with you people!

IT is NOT going to save any more lives to "BAN texting while DRiving"!
What we ALL NEED is constant constant lessons in the laws of physics!
For example every day after the pledge of allegiance students should be given a lesson in the laws of physics!
Reaction time! Show the kid what happens when texting and walking for example!

MY point is we are being LAWED to death and it isn't reducing stupidity!

Common sense should be taught evidently!
YOU can't expect to stop your car if your eyes are on the keyboard!

Common Sense..

BUT no we need another law!

40,000 NEW Laws alone went into affect on Jan 2012 across the country!
HOW utterly STUPID aliens must think we are that the least expensive, most efficient way a society progresses is when the populace has self governance!
When more people are responsible for themselves then irresponsible people is what should be the objective.
But our country is quickly becoming a NANNY STATE!
We can't seem to think for ourselves! To have common sense!
YOU don't text while driving! You don't drive drunk! You don't have unprotected sex!
YOU don't have to be an animal.. be an intelligent responsible common sense ADULT!

I guess you ain't been driving behind very many texting while driving morons. I say, " Throw their f'n iPhones in the sewer where they belong.

AND you missed my POINT entirely!

TEACH people common sense and not this stupid garbage of "touchy feely crap" or "bully not", or "building self esteem" crap!

TEACH the practical REASONS YOU don't text and drive I>E. YOU can't stop your
f..king car if your eyes are on the keyboard!
Spend the shit...ing money on EDUCATING and NOT LEGLISLATING!
You can teach people common sense all you want, but some of them will not engage in it while texting while driving, and we'll continue to have needless death on our highway from this insidious practice.

Common sense informs most of us that texting or reading while driving is foolish.

But apparently we need a law so that when those without common sense (or ignoring their common sense) get caught, the cops can stop them.

I have no problem with that.

That law might very well save my life one day.

“It is the obvious which is so difficult to see most of the time. People say 'It's as plain as the nose on your face.' But how much of the nose on your face can you see, unless someone holds a mirror up to you?”

Isaac Asimov

its hard for the kids to grasp, they live by texting.

Your right though USC you might as well put a bag over your head while driving.

Common sense informs most of us that texting or reading while driving is foolish.

But apparently we need a law so that when those without common sense (or ignoring their common sense) get caught, the cops can stop them.

I have no problem with that.

That law might very well save my life one day.

Why "apparently" we need a law?
Are you saying that people OTHER then you are too stupid?

MY point is if advertisers spend BILLIONS influencing you to buy their product,
surely the human life is worth billions to INFLUENCE YOU to not text and drive.. UNLESS you are a total imbecile!
AND THAT's the POINT..
ONLY total imbeciles text and drive and SO HOW ARE THEY allowed on the road?
COMMON SENSE testing would eliminate MOST of the IMBECILES!
It takes LESS time to get a driver's license in Florida then to get a cosmetology license!
YET NOT one advertising message pounding into your imbecile HEAD that
common sense means YOU can't TEXT AND DRIVE!!

YOU are so prone as millions to think "there oughta be a law" that that's the solution!
IT ISN"T!
The solution is taking the SAME intensity in advertising make it a campaign showing how a lot of the stupid LAWS are because the majority of people WANT to be treated as sheep it appears and they aren't capable of using CoMMON SENSE.. don't do things like putting your makeup on, or eating, or TEXTING while driving!!!

Common sense is NOT being taught and that's my complaint i.e. you sheep are constantly bleating "there oughta be a law" and you are so totally ignorant of the laws of Common SENSE!!!

Well most of you still missed my point!
And evidently MOST of you MUST have a parent i.e. cop looking at EVERY action you do to make sure you won't hurt yourself or someone else!
MY how times have changed!
It appears MOST of you WANT to be like sheep.
NOT responsible! No common sense!
Literally stupid dumb animals ONLY responding to an adult that knows
YOU DON"T TEXT WHILE DRIVING CAUSE THE LAW OF PHYSICS RULES!
Where are you people with any sense of responsibility? Adults? COMMON SENSE?
I don't text and drive because it is dangerous to others and to me!
Are the rest of you too stupid, too dumb, too lacking in common sense to GET IT?
YOU ARE really pathetic and a growing concern for society's existence when "there oughta be a law" is the ONLY way you sheep respond!
ONE thought.. WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS NO LAW?

I want the law so that some idiot doesn't kill me while I'm driving to work or somewhere one day, obeying the law, minding my own business, and trying to survive.

If you want to conduct a social experiment on the power of teaching common sense vs. the power of using the law as a deterrent to behaviours that threaten public safety,

fine, just don't do it where my life becomes part of the experiment.

Anyone convicted of texting while driving should pay a $1,000 fine before his license is given back.

Anyone convicted of texting as second time should have the vehicle impounded for a month and a $5,000 fine.

A third conviction should result in a suspension of driving license for five years and a $10,000 fine.

Any subsequent violations should result in a six-month contempt of court sentence.

Keep repeating.

anyone convicted of texting while driving should pay a $1,000 fine before his license is given back.

Anyone convicted of texting as second time should have the vehicle impounded for a month and a $5,000 fine.

A third conviction should result in a suspension of driving license for five years and a $10,000 fine.

Any subsequent violations should result in a six-month contempt of court sentence.

Keep repeating.

yes !!!

Its not just texting or talking on the phone that causes accident. Did you know more people get in accidents while drinking coffee or eating.. I have seen people put on their make up while driving or guys shaving. Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. If I get a phone call while driving I try to pull over to answer it if I cant pull over I let it go .. The only time I answer it if my kids are out and they are calling but that is very rare that I am out driving while they are out with friends.

Its not just texting or talking on the phone that causes accident. Did you know more people get in accidents while drinking coffee or eating.. I have seen people put on their make up while driving or guys shaving. Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. If I get a phone call while driving I try to pull over to answer it if I cant pull over I let it go .. The only time I answer it if my kids are out and they are calling but that is very rare that I am out driving while they are out with friends.

AGAIN MY POINT EXACTLY!!!

REally people why is it SO hard to USE plain common sense?

AND you Lovebear...
WHAT YOU need to do is rather then pushing for MORE laws which don't really solve the problem..EDUCATE your children to COMMON SENSE!
For example.. take some time and show your kids how long it takes to move your eyes from the keyboard to the road! Or your eyes from the sandwich!

I mean these are SIMPLE life saving examples!
Seriously when was the last time you took a stop watch and showed your kids how
long it takes to do these things?

Have you ever explained the laws of physics?
I.E. YOUR EYE SEES A CAR.
YOUR BRAIN processes and sends a physical message to your foot!
YOUR FOOT HAS TO MOVE AND Press the pedal!
From the time your eye sees to the time the car stops traveling at 30 MPH..
4 seconds!!!!! YOU"VE KILLED A KID darting out from behind a car!

THAT's the simple illustration you Loverbear should show your kids If YOU LOVE THEM!

NOT that we need more LAWS we need more common sense!

I'm watching the news and this guy is all upset his daughter was killed because the driver was texting and driving. So now he wants a state law banning texting and driving!
STUPID!

Stupid because the reporter showing clearly that texting and driving was a distraction and the reporter states.." and studies show reaction time of 2 to 3 seconds.."
DUH!!!!!

For example every day after the pledge of allegiance students should be given a lesson in the laws of physics!

Common Sense..

HOW utterly STUPID aliens must think we are that the least expensive, most efficient way a society progresses is when the populace has self governance!
When more people are responsible for themselves then irresponsible people is what should be the objective.
YOU don't text while driving! You don't drive drunk! You don't have unprotected sex!
YOU don't have to be an animal.. be an intelligent responsible common sense ADULT!

The question is do YOU have any common sense.

Yes, we NEED a law against texting while driving.

Do you need a real world example? What do you think would happen if there were no laws against drinking and driving?

STUPID!

DUH!!!!!

Common Sense..

It should be banned and against the law. STUPID IS STUPID. IF YOU REQUIRE ME TO BUY INSURANCE, PUT THE DAMN PHONE DOWN.

Our state has already taken the plunge.:clap2:

AND you Lovebear...
WHAT YOU need to do is rather then pushing for MORE laws which don't really solve the problem..EDUCATE your children to COMMON SENSE!
For example.. take some time and show your kids how long it takes to move your eyes from the keyboard to the road! Or your eyes from the sandwich!

THAT's the simple illustration you Loverbear should show your kids If YOU LOVE THEM!

You can't teach common sense.

AND you Lovebear...

You can't teach common sense.

That is so true....... here is a guy who, we are told, did very well at Harvard Law School.......... one with common sense would have just retracted the umbrella to walk thru that gate...... he and his wife seems to lack vision and imagination.

Forum List

Back