Texting while driving ban.. STUPID..WHERE IS our COMMON SENSE GONE?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Feb 3, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,853
    I'm watching the news and this guy is all upset his daughter was killed because the driver was texting and driving. So now he wants a state law banning texting and driving!
    STUPID!

Stupid because the reporter showing clearly that texting and driving was a distraction and the reporter states.." and studies show reaction time of 2 to 3 seconds.."
    DUH!!!!!

What in fu...k is wrong with you people!

IT is NOT going to save any more lives to "BAN texting while DRiving"!
    What we ALL NEED is constant constant lessons in the laws of physics!
    For example every day after the pledge of allegiance students should be given a lesson in the laws of physics!
    Reaction time! Show the kid what happens when texting and walking for example!

MY point is we are being LAWED to death and it isn't reducing stupidity!

Common sense should be taught evidently!
    YOU can't expect to stop your car if your eyes are on the keyboard!

Common Sense..

BUT no we need another law!

40,000 NEW Laws alone went into affect on Jan 2012 across the country!
    HOW utterly STUPID aliens must think we are that the least expensive, most efficient way a society progresses is when the populace has self governance!
    When more people are responsible for themselves then irresponsible people is what should be the objective.
    But our country is quickly becoming a NANNY STATE!
    We can't seem to think for ourselves! To have common sense!
    YOU don't text while driving! You don't drive drunk! You don't have unprotected sex!
    YOU don't have to be an animal.. be an intelligent responsible common sense ADULT!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,853
    * About 6,000 deaths and a half a million injuries are caused by distracted drivers every year.
    * While teenagers are texting, they spend about 10 percent of the time outside the driving lane they’re supposed to be in.
    * Talking on a cell phone while driving can make a young driver’s reaction time as slow as that of a 70-year-old.
    * Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. That is enough time to travel the length of a football field.

Cell Phone Accident Statistics and Texting While Driving Facts

Folks... AGAIN most of you are going to stupidly say.. well see your statistics show their oughta be a law..NO texting while driving"!
    NO!!! NO!!! NO!

What should be done again is teaching common SENSE!

LOOK the driver that causes a death distracted by eating a sandwich or texting .. IT IS THE DRIVER's FAULT... REGARDLESS!

So now we want our law officers to ticket texting while driving! As is there is no other more serious crimes!

TEACH people common laws of physics.. it takes 5 seconds to read a text.. long enough to go the length of a football field..DUH you going to have an accident!

Common SENSE folks and NO MORE laws! I'm getting LAWED to death!

3. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    So now we're up to 6,000 deaths a year from texting/being distracted while driving? That's in the neighborhood of 16 people a day, or one person dies every 1.5 hours.

It's more than just being a nutcase blabbing one's daily drivel to a captive audience in a diner. If you've ever seen one, they're not thinking about the world around them or the people in it.

It's like the distractions are a psychotic break from the rw. No wonder people die at the hands of these north ends of a horse going south on the freeway.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  4. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    Stupid is he! Let's hope that you never have to eat your words stupid fucking moron! How would you feel if a loved one was killed by someone texting while driving!

5. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I live in Michigan, and we have a law against texting while driving.
    Although i agree we have to educate young people as much as possible, they're still TEENAGERS and they are not all going to agree with what we tell them. I love seeing news reports that show accidents caused by texting. NOT because i want to see young people die from it (just in case some asshole decides that's what i'm saying!)...but because it shows everyone what it can cause. There's no reason to not pull over to the side of the road or into a business to text someone....if it's important. I have a friend i work with that lost her daughter to this negligence. I hate laws that are not fair, but i believe we do need one for this. It's the same as drunk driving....you're just not paying attention to what's around you. A law that WILL save lives is worth it.

6. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Not sure if anyone will be saved by these laws. Most are unenforceable. The only time anyone gets a ticket is after an accident.

7. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I believe in Michigan a cop can stop you if they 'THINK' you may be texting. Just like if they see you without a seatbelt on they can stop you. But ya, some have gotten pretty good at it and are pretty aware of the police being around. But still, it's very dangerous. I tried it once, just to see if i could.....NOPE! Guess i'm just to old to have that concentration!

8. FactFinder

FactFinder VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237
    I guess you ain't been driving behind very many texting while driving morons. I say, " Throw their f'n iPhones in the sewer where they belong.

9. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,853
    THAT's MY POINT!

If the same amount of money spent on stupid global warming from pre-school up through advertising DaILY how we should take care of "global warming" WAS Spent on common sense practical illustrations of how doing unto others as you would have others do unto you I.E> The Golden Rule.. If that same effort were done.. there would be a lot less dependency on laws! But when you have cynics and idiots calling that "religious teachings" and NOT understanding that the Golden Rule is very good common sense it just doesn't work!

Spend more money educating people and less LEGISLATING!!!

10. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,853
    AND you missed my POINT entirely!

TEACH people common sense and not this stupid garbage of "touchy feely crap" or "bully not", or "building self esteem" crap!

TEACH the practical REASONS YOU don't text and drive I>E. YOU can't stop your
    f..king car if your eyes are on the keyboard!
    Spend the shit...ing money on EDUCATING and NOT LEGLISLATING!