Texas Senate approves bills requiring 10 Commandments in K-12 classrooms, Bible time in school

A good start!!!
iu

The Texas Senate approved a bill Thursday that would require public schools in the state to prominently display the Ten Commandments in every classroom, starting next school year, The Texas Tribune reports. The bill's sponsor, state Sen. Phil King (R), argued earlier this month that the Ten Commandments are part of American heritage, and his legislation "will remind students all across Texas of the importance of the fundamental foundation of America."

Why not? The Ten Commandments are universal and predate Judaism and Christianity.

A few of the commandments are universal. But most are specific to Judeo/Christian beliefs.

And they do not predate Judaism/

Sure they do. See Egyptian Book of the Dead and Code of Hammurabi... See the Ugarit tablets in Syria.

Sure they do. See Egyptian Book of the Dead and Code of Hammurabi... See the Ugarit tablets in Syria.

The 10 commandments are in all those writings.

Not all of the 10 Commandments are in them. The first 4 commandments are specific to Judeo/Christian beliefs.

I have no problem with religion in school. We are a Juedo-Christian nation and religion has played an important part in forming our Nation. But to avoid the government establishing a national religion ever child in that school district who is not Christian should get equal time. So if you have a Muslim kid, or a Satanist kid...well you get it.
American people at the time of the Revolutionary War were by and large Christians who were unrepresented, ignored and taxed by a self-centered monarch who wanted the money from the Americans who he practically considered that they somehow owed him a living, and he didn't have to hear any muttering whatsoever because he was a narcissist who cared for luxury but not for the people who supported his sorry ass. By the time I was being raised by my grandmother because my Dad was off fighting a war and Mom had to work full time to support us while dad served the country, grandma insisted that her grandchildren NEVER should bow or curtsy to anybody or else take a good switching from the willow tree's ready-made switches. I never forgot that. She also saw to it we were educated in scriptures by taking us to church every Sunday, where we wore hats and gloves and pretty little dresses our mom made on her sewing machine in the mornings before anyone else in the house got up. I grew up very comfortable about our family's church, and the schools that broadcast a prayer and a scripture reading on the school intercom that was placed in every classroom in the school.

As our founders were trying to figure out a good life for everyone, they respected the Jewish community that furnished General Washington with money for warm clothes and food for his barefoot army of patriots who were fighting the British military with unreliable equipment they had before going to war. Our nation had been cheated of earnings through ridiculous taxes on food and tea. (No wonder we switched to coffee!) And we punished the Brits out of sheer beliefs that men deserved better than being pushed off by a LGBQT Monarch who benefitted only himself with the money his minions took in taxes. And that's why I liked my Grandma years later. She stood up to government bullies by learning at the feet of her grandparents not to cowtow to high-and-mighty types who really could care less for the common man, and she sent a message to all her children and grandchildren by the way she lived her life, which was beneficial to other people, especially veterans of foreign wars who'd been injured and were disabled from war wounds of WWI which took place while she taught school as a teenager during the war. She married my grandfather when he came home as a silver star war hero when American troops were sent to France to protect the French who'd been generous to America during the Revolutionary War, and back then, people never forgot friends of this nation that was dedicated to the civil rights of the common man. I'll be glad when that pandering sissy in the Oval Office is dismissed because he threatened a third-world country when he was a VPOTUS. :cranky:

I know, I read it all the time, but they can never really explain exactly where this happens.

They are being forced, forced I tell you, to allow other people to worship according to their own beliefs.

They are being prevented from forcing their religious beliefs onto the godless Democrats.

They are being forced to follow Jesus commandment to treat others the way they would like to be treated, and they’re not having it.

Forum List

Back