Texas Senate approves bills requiring 10 Commandments in K-12 classrooms, Bible time in school

You've got a choice of being twice-wrong. 1.) American was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. 2.) America was founded upon Christian principles.
Those are facts and are not in dispute. Whatever-in-the-world led you to believe that I, in turn, believe or hold otherwise, eh? Because I cracked a joke? Please.

A good start!!!
iu

The Texas Senate approved a bill Thursday that would require public schools in the state to prominently display the Ten Commandments in every classroom, starting next school year, The Texas Tribune reports. The bill's sponsor, state Sen. Phil King (R), argued earlier this month that the Ten Commandments are part of American heritage, and his legislation "will remind students all across Texas of the importance of the fundamental foundation of America."

NO fuck...NO and Fuck NO.

Texas Bill That Would Have Required Ten Commandments In Schools Fails.

A Texas House bill that would have required the Ten Commandments to be posted in public school classrooms failed Tuesday after missing its deadline.

The bill, which passed in the Texas Senate, would have required a poster with the Ten Commandments that was big enough for anyone in the classroom to see and read.

The legislation passed the Senate in April and was required to be voted on in the House by Tuesday night, or else it would be dead for this session, which is set to conclude next Monday.

This bill is Unconstitutional. The First Amendment is clear, "Congress Shall NO Law Respecting The Establishment of Religion or Abridging The Free Exercise Thereof ."

There is no one single State Mandated, State Sanctioned or State Supported Religion in the United States.
It is NOT up to the State to decide what religious instruction a child and/or children will under go. There is NO State Mandated/State Sanction/State Supported Religious Practice in the United States.

It is the responsibility of the Parents and/or Guardians of a child and/or children to decide what religious practice their child and/children shall undergo. It is also the right of the Parents and/or Guardians of a child and/or children to decide if their child and/or children will NOT undergo religious instruction.

Not every person in the United States is a practitioner of the three major Abrahamic Religions (Christianity/Islam/Judaism). The state has no right to force religious instruction on anyone, any where at anytime.

YOU want to believe in your version of your Magical/Mystical/Non-Existent Skyman that is of course your right. I fought for that right and I will defend that right. But YOU do not have the right force any person at any time to engage in your practice of your version of your Magical/Mystical/Non-Existent Skyman. Religious Practice, or that lack thereof is a matter of personal choice. YOU do not have the right to demand/request/or require that other individuals engage in any form of Religious Practice.

Force feeding religion is wrong. There is a Constitution Prohibition against forcing state mandated religion.

Keep your fucking god to your fucking self.

Last edited:
K-12 schools in Texas need to issue body armor to the kids first. If the Church want to donate to that cause I sure we can print the 10 on the armor somewhere.....

I have no problem with religion in school. We are a Juedo-Christian nation and religion has played an important part in forming our Nation. But to avoid the government establishing a national religion ever child in that school district who is not Christian should get equal time. So if you have a Muslim kid, or a Satanist kid...well you get it.

As in private prayers? Yes, they have. It is a requirement of their faith. Bible study at school is not a requirement of Christianity. At best it will be an elective. And any other faith will be able to do the same.

When I was in high school, our youth minister asked what we want to study. I said I'd be interested in learning about other major religions. My friends thought that was a good idea, so we did it. We learned about Islam, Judaism, Hindi and other major religions.

Learning about each other is a great thing

I have no problem with religion in school. We are a Juedo-Christian nation and religion has played an important part in forming our Nation. But to avoid the government establishing a national religion ever child in that school district who is not Christian should get equal time. So if you have a Muslim kid, or a Satanist kid...well you get it.

The Constitution is very clear on the Separation of Church and State. There no state religion, regardless the faith it espouses. There is NO STATE SANCTIONED, STATE SUPPORTED, STATE MANDATED RELIGION.

IF you want to practice you faith, go for it. But you do not have the right to force your faith on others.

And before you ask, yes I am an atheist. Viet Nam taught me the hard about how so-called "Christians" have no problem killing non-Christians.

As I previously stated, it is your Constitutionally Right to practice the faith of your choice. I fought for that right. But that right does give you or anybody else the right to decide force your religion on others.

You go ahead and worship to your hearts content whatever version of whatever Magical/Mystical/Mythical Non-Existent Skyman you want. But you leave your fucking version of your fucking skyman to your fucking self.

We were founded as a Christian nation.

One more time for Conservative Impaired. There is NO STATE MANDATE/STATE SANCTIONED/STATE SUPPORT RELIGION.

The Separation of Church and State is written into the U.S. Constitution.

KEEP YOUR FUCKING VERSION OF YOUR FUCKING MAGICAL/MYSTICAL/MYTHICAL NON-EXISTENT FUCKING SKYMAN TO YOUR FUCKING SELF!

YOU DO NOT THE RIGHT TO DICTATE ANOTHER PERSON'S RELIOIUS PRACTICE NOR DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT DEMAND OTHERS ENGAGE ANY FORM OF RELGIOUS PRACTICE.

YOU CAN FUCKING WORSHIP ANY FUCKING WAY YOU FUCKING WANT. LEAVE THE REST OF US THE FUCK OUT OF IT!!!

We were founded as a Christian nation.
I am very fond and amazed at the Founders of this most exceptional nation ever created. They even had the foresight to have a process in place to correct and evolve.

All of that said, I wish the Founders had set up this nation as a Christian State while still maintaining and protecting freedoms and tolerance for all non-Christians. It took a Judeo-Christian mindset to create US. No other mindset could have created this great Nation with its Freedoms and level of tolerance.

By being a Christian State, maybe there would be more respect and gratitude from non-Christians instead of constant attacks and feeling threatened just because the 10 Commandments are posted in a Court, a valedictorian gives thanks to God, a coach leads a team in the Our Father prayer, or a manger is in the town square. None of that means the State is forcing you to become a Christian.

Forum List

Back