Republican 'creeping authoritarianism' exposed

Because Hillary should have been locked up.
Trump and his cult should be locked up, just for wasting millions of taxpayer $$$ and years of investigating..................nothing.

The DOJ's Hillary Clinton Investigation Has Been a Bust​

1682492043673.png
Vanity Fair
https://www.vanityfair.com › News › hillary clinton

Jan 9, 2020 — Back in 2017, buoyed by President Donald Trump's calls for investigations into “Crooked Hillary & the Dems,” the Justice Department launched ...

Republican’s in the House and the Senate have had two decades of defining Hillary Clinton as un trustworthy and un truthful. They have done it spending more taxpayers money on battling her than any other political figure in history.

The Republican’s have put a target on her back since she was first lady back in the 1990’s and they have over the years spent more $100 million taxpayer dollars on investigation’s aimed at taking Hillary Clinton down.

Teabaggers LOVE investigating, BEING investigated..............NOT so much.

In the video below (transcript provided) TV Host Alex Wagner points to a lot of bills being passed by Republican legislatures across America, which, in my view, is conclusive evidence of the premise she is forwarding, the notion of Republican 'creeping authoritarianism'. I think this is interesting because there isn't hardly a day that passes where I read some post about someone on the right accusing Democrats of authoritarianism (mandates is their evidence, which isn't really authoritarianism, because a mandate gives a choice, and it's not a law) yet their evidence is scant. The real evidence of authoritarianism is coming from the right.

Republicans are not passing bills to better people’s lives, they are focused on abortion and transgender issues, book banning, anti-woke crap (whatever that is, and they can't even define it) all this 'agenda' stuff and it isn't about improving our lives or making it better, nothing about the economy or inflation, or infrastructure, we Democrats are the ones for those issues, Republicans are focused on just a few things, it seems, stuff they fear. They are driven by fear issues, it seems.

This is a transcript (It's not perfect, I pulled it off of YouTube transcript function) of about 4 minutes or so of the pertinent part of the video (below) I want to direct your attention to:

Now, I will admit I am sympathetic to the view about transfemales competing in women's sports, but I don't think it should be matter for Congress, it should be a matter for Sports Officials to work out for themselves, remember, the issue is authoritarianism.

And this is precisely the accusation Republican's levy at Democrats, yet they are the ones who are doing it via actual laws, and not just mandates.
so you are so dim that you are trying to tell us that Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, HO Chi MInh and all the rest of the communist mass murderers were republicans???????? you need to try a lot harder dude

In the video below (transcript provided) TV Host Alex Wagner points to a lot of bills being passed by Republican legislatures across America, which, in my view, is conclusive evidence of the premise she is forwarding, the notion of Republican 'creeping authoritarianism'. I think this is interesting because there isn't hardly a day that passes where I read some post about someone on the right accusing Democrats of authoritarianism (mandates is their evidence, which isn't really authoritarianism, because a mandate gives a choice, and it's not a law) yet their evidence is scant. The real evidence of authoritarianism is coming from the right.

Republicans are not passing bills to better people’s lives, they are focused on abortion and transgender issues, book banning, anti-woke crap (whatever that is, and they can't even define it) all this 'agenda' stuff and it isn't about improving our lives or making it better, nothing about the economy or inflation, or infrastructure, we Democrats are the ones for those issues, Republicans are focused on just a few things, it seems, stuff they fear. They are driven by fear issues, it seems.

This is a transcript (It's not perfect, I pulled it off of YouTube transcript function) of about 4 minutes or so of the pertinent part of the video (below) I want to direct your attention to:

Now, I will admit I am sympathetic to the view about transfemales competing in women's sports, but I don't think it should be matter for Congress, it should be a matter for Sports Officials to work out for themselves, remember, the issue is authoritarianism.

And this is precisely the accusation Republican's levy at Democrats, yet they are the ones who are doing it via actual laws, and not just mandates.
Florida is now Ground Zero for Republican authoritarianism, where rabid statism bans books, and dictates to medicine, education, science, private enterprise, people with wombs, etc.. Substituting ideological dogma for dispassionate expertise, the radical reversal from libertarian, laissez faire policies in the GOP is as rampant and tenacious as kudzu in the Palmetto State. Consider Environmental, Social & Governance Training:

Republican attacks on ESG aren't stopping companies in red states from going green​

Back in the woods of South Carolina's Lowcountry, at a factory spread across thousands of acres near the Cooper River, a company called Nucor is trying to solve one of the thornier challenges of climate change: making steel with the least greenhouse gas pollution possible.
... producing it is a major driver of global warming, accounting for up to 9% of all the carbon dioxide emissions that humans generated in 2020. Recently, the steel industry's customers, including automakers, have been pushing for a greener product. So, Nucor's exploring its options. It wants to be the go-to company for low-carbon steel...
"We can continue to grow our business and take [market] share because we have something that differentiates us from our competition," Greg Murphy, an executive vice president at Nucor, says as a furnace at the plant thunders nearby, turning scrap metal into molten steel.
But Nucor's efforts to cut its planet-warming emissions put it at cross-purposes with some of South Carolina's political leaders...
In South Carolina, lawmakers are considering a bill that would bar managers of state retirement funds from considering environmental issues when they're making investment decisions. The legislation was introduced after South Carolina's treasurer, Curtis Loftis, said last year that he was pulling $200 million from BlackRock because of the investment firm's consideration of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) factors...
As conservatives strive to make ESG a wedge issue in American politics, many industrial companies in the U.S. are working to protect their operations and profits in a hotter world. And the Republican-controlled states leading the anti-ESG charge, despite their rhetoric, have benefitted from those investments. Nucor says it's spending almost half a billion dollars adding a new production line at its steel plant in Berkeley County, S.C. The company recently opened a new mill in Kentucky, and it's building plants in Alabama and West Virginia...
"We see that strong ESG practices make for better businesses," says Lucas Moreno, a vice president at Argos USA, which has started making low-carbon cement in Alabama, West Virginia, South Carolina and Florida. "It has nothing to do with politics."

Republican attempts to crush social responsibility aside, investors , free from government coercion, regard it as a savvy investment. Investors overall seem to believe that ESG investments are profitable. A 2021 poll found that only a small minority thought ESG investing was unprofitable. 69% of frequent investors classed ESG investments as “very profitable” or “somewhat profitable”

Last edited:
Florida is now Ground Zero for Republican authoritarianism, where rabid statism bans books, and dictates to medicine, education, science, private enterprise, people with wombs, etc.. Substituting ideological dogma for dispassionate expertise, the radical reversal from libertarian, laissez faire policies in the GOP is as rampant and tenacious as kudzu in the Palmetto State. Consider Environmental, Social & Governance Training:

Republican attacks on ESG aren't stopping companies in red states from going green​

Back in the woods of South Carolina's Lowcountry, at a factory spread across thousands of acres near the Cooper River, a company called Nucor is trying to solve one of the thornier challenges of climate change: making steel with the least greenhouse gas pollution possible.
... producing it is a major driver of global warming, accounting for up to 9% of all the carbon dioxide emissions that humans generated in 2020. Recently, the steel industry's customers, including automakers, have been pushing for a greener product. So, Nucor's exploring its options. It wants to be the go-to company for low-carbon steel...
"We can continue to grow our business and take [market] share because we have something that differentiates us from our competition," Greg Murphy, an executive vice president at Nucor, says as a furnace at the plant thunders nearby, turning scrap metal into molten steel.
But Nucor's efforts to cut its planet-warming emissions put it at cross-purposes with some of South Carolina's political leaders...
In South Carolina, lawmakers are considering a bill that would bar managers of state retirement funds from considering environmental issues when they're making investment decisions. The legislation was introduced after South Carolina's treasurer, Curtis Loftis, said last year that he was pulling $200 million from BlackRock because of the investment firm's consideration of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) factors...
As conservatives strive to make ESG a wedge issue in American politics, many industrial companies in the U.S. are working to protect their operations and profits in a hotter world. And the Republican-controlled states leading the anti-ESG charge, despite their rhetoric, have benefitted from those investments. Nucor says it's spending almost half a billion dollars adding a new production line at its steel plant in Berkeley County, S.C. The company recently opened a new mill in Kentucky, and it's building plants in Alabama and West Virginia...
"We see that strong ESG practices make for better businesses," says Lucas Moreno, a vice president at Argos USA, which has started making low-carbon cement in Alabama, West Virginia, South Carolina and Florida. "It has nothing to do with politics."

Republican attempts to crush social responsibility aside, investors , free from government coercion, regard it as a savvy investment. Investors overall seem to believe that ESG investments are profitable. A 2021 poll found that only a small minority thought ESG investing was unprofitable. 69% of frequent investors classed ESG investments as “very profitable” or “somewhat profitable”
I don’t read far left wing or far right wing sites as they are mostly far left or far right propaganda. You extreme nuts on both sides are hurting our nation.

I don’t read far left wing or far right wing sites as they are mostly far left or far right propaganda. You extreme nuts on both sides are hurting our nation.
The folks who've hurt our nation more than any others are the fence-sitters. The only way for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. It's a damned good thing that our Founding Fathers were "right wing extremists" else we'd still be under the tyrannical thumb of England.

Refusing to go far right or far left is not fence sitting, it is common sense. As long as one is reading common sense journalism and voting, he is doing his job.

Not allowing yourself to be Gaslighted by extremists is a pretty good core principal!

What both supremists demand is total following of the "Creed". Most Americans are actually a bit on the conservative side but there is also bits of liberalism in their makeup as well. Demanding one to abandon their principles because a group of fanatics are in charge of a major party would be wrong.

I find "moderates" lacking core principles. It's like being moderate is their core principle.
Moderate fence sitters go along with the flow. They stand on the sidelines and watch the battle from afar; too afraid to pick a side or to fight alongside even the folks they may agree with. I personally consider fence-sitters to be a bit cowardly.

Moderate fence sitters go along with the flow. They stand on the sidelines and watch the battle from afar; too afraid to pick a side or to fight alongside even the folks they may agree with. I personally consider fence-sitters to be a bit cowardly.

Not going along, agreeing and supporting you MAGAts doesn't mean it's a fence sitting. It may mean you and yours are out of your Batshit minds.

Forum List

Back