Texas Senate approves bills requiring 10 Commandments in K-12 classrooms, Bible time in school

As a white Christian male I support this plus other religions posting signs too.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
How is your fight going to take "In God we Trust" of our money? Oh yeah...

---Supreme Court Rejects Atheists Challenge to “In God We Trust”---

I an a Christian, but I can read the Constitution.

How is your fight going to take "In God we Trust" of our money? Oh yeah...

---Supreme Court Rejects Atheists Challenge to “In God We Trust”---

“In God We Trust”

Speak for yourself

Nobody bans private prayer
It is only when Christians force it on everyone else
“Force” is a loose term. How does a valedictorian talking about her relationship with Jesus Christ at a Public School graduation force Christianity on the audience?

As much as I support the right of a Christian to speak of their spiritual relationship I support any and all others. For some people, that transcends to politics as that is where their focus is and they use a public school pulpit to voice their views.

“Force” is a loose term. How does a valedictorian talking about her relationship with Jesus Christ at a Public School graduation force Christianity on the audience?

As much as I support the right of a Christian to speak of their spiritual relationship I support any and all others. For some people, that transcends to politics as that is where their focus is and they use a public school pulpit to voice their views.
I don’t mind a valedictorian speaking of their faith.
I do object to everyone at the graduation being forced to listen to an invocation from the local preacher

I don’t mind a valedictorian speaking of their faith.
I do object to everyone at the graduation being forced to listen to an invocation from the local preacher
Fair enough. I appreciate limits but that needs to apply across the board. In the same vain, I object to political stances and views being used predominantly throughout a speech. There is nothing unifying about that regardless of which side of the aisle the speaker stands.

Forum List

Back