Republican 'creeping authoritarianism' exposed

Rumpole

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2023
In the video below (transcript provided) TV Host Alex Wagner points to a lot of bills being passed by Republican legislatures across America, which, in my view, is conclusive evidence of the premise she is forwarding, the notion of Republican 'creeping authoritarianism'. I think this is interesting because there isn't hardly a day that passes where I read some post about someone on the right accusing Democrats of authoritarianism (mandates is their evidence, which isn't really authoritarianism, because a mandate gives a choice, and it's not a law) yet their evidence is scant. The real evidence of authoritarianism is coming from the right.

Republicans are not passing bills to better people’s lives, they are focused on abortion and transgender issues, book banning, anti-woke crap (whatever that is, and they can't even define it) all this 'agenda' stuff and it isn't about improving our lives or making it better, nothing about the economy or inflation, or infrastructure, we Democrats are the ones for those issues, Republicans are focused on just a few things, it seems, stuff they fear. They are driven by fear issues, it seems.

This is a transcript (It's not perfect, I pulled it off of YouTube transcript function) of about 4 minutes or so of the pertinent part of the video (below) I want to direct your attention to:

@0:45
Tonight, this was how they introduced the bill in the House of Representatives: [cut to video of congressman] "For thousands of years in human history, we have recognized as a species that there are women and there are men. Yet, over the last several years, there has been a perversion in our culture by the enemy, and the left has completely embraced the lie to erase the lines of gender and to convince you there isn't really gender and that gender is fluid and can be whatever you want whenever you want, again more lies” [cut back to Wagner]

There has been a perversion in our culture by the enemy, and the left completely embraced the lie
That was Republican Congressman Greg Stube yesterday, introducing the first national Bill to ban transgender kids from participating in sports using their preferred gender identity. Representatives passed it with all Republicans voting yes and all Democrats voting no, complete party unity on taking the war on transgender Americans and going national with it.

Now, I will admit I am sympathetic to the view about transfemales competing in women's sports, but I don't think it should be matter for Congress, it should be a matter for Sports Officials to work out for themselves, remember, the issue is authoritarianism.

To some degree, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone who's been paying attention to what Republicans have been doing at the state level. Across the country, Republicans have basically given up on the idea of small government; instead, they now aim to expand the power of the state to coercively reshape society in their preferred mold.
And this is precisely the accusation Republican's levy at Democrats, yet they are the ones who are doing it via actual laws, and not just mandates.
In Kentucky, Republican lawmakers banned the teaching of sex ed and any discussion of puberty at all until sixth grade. In Tennessee, Republican lawmakers passed a bill this week that would punish book publishers who sell any book to a school library that Tennessee Republicans deem to be obscene. Today, the Texas state senate passed a bill that would force every public school in the state to prominently display the Ten Commandments in every classroom. In Iowa, a group of Republicans has introduced a bill to outlaw marriage equality despite the Supreme Court ruling that made it the law of the land in all 50 states.

It's precisely those kinds of bills that are intended for the conservative majority on the Supreme Court should they decide they want to reverse that landmark decision. In Idaho, the governor has signed the nation's first abortion trafficking law. Not only is it illegal to get an abortion in Idaho, but driving a minor across state lines to obtain an abortion in a state where it is legal could land you up to five years in prison. Also in Idaho, conservative lawmakers have introduced legislation to ban all mRNA vaccines, like the ones that were used to fight COVID. The sponsor of that bill did recently update that legislation, striking a provision that would have banned mRNA vaccines for all mammals, which must make house cats happy, I don't know.

Republicans are also trying to expand the power of the state over other local government officials. Look down in Georgia; that's where Republicans have advanced a bill that would allow state officials to remove local prosecutors if they don't like the job that prosecutor is doing. And that means if Governor Kemp signs this law, it would allow Republicans to remove Fulton County attorney Fannie Willis, who is currently investigating Donald Trump for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election. In Texas, Republicans have passed a similar measure, which would deny prosecutors the power to decide which cases they even bring. It would allow state Republicans to force prosecutions on things like abortion or voter fraud, even if the local prosecutors don't think a case is worth bringing.

Now, none of these proposals are broadly popular with the American people, but Republicans are pushing them anyway, and they're giving themselves new powers to expand and cement minority rule in the process.

In the video below (transcript provided) TV Host Alex Wagner points to a lot of bills being passed by Republican legislatures across America, which, in my view, is conclusive evidence of the premise she is forwarding, the notion of Republican 'creeping authoritarianism'. I think this is interesting because there isn't hardly a day that passes where I read some post about someone on the right accusing Democrats of authoritarianism (mandates is their evidence, which isn't really authoritarianism, because a mandate gives a choice, and it's not a law) yet their evidence is scant. The real evidence of authoritarianism is coming from the right.

Republicans are not passing bills to better people’s lives, they are focused on abortion and transgender issues, book banning, anti-woke crap (whatever that is, and they can't even define it) all this 'agenda' stuff and it isn't about improving our lives or making it better, nothing about the economy or inflation, or infrastructure, we Democrats are the ones for those issues, Republicans are focused on just a few things, it seems, stuff they fear. They are driven by fear issues, it seems.

This is a transcript (It's not perfect, I pulled it off of YouTube transcript function) of about 4 minutes or so of the pertinent part of the video (below) I want to direct your attention to:

Now, I will admit I am sympathetic to the view about transfemales competing in women's sports, but I don't think it should be matter for Congress, it should be a matter for Sports Officials to work out for themselves, remember, the issue is authoritarianism.

And this is precisely the accusation Republican's levy at Democrats, yet they are the ones who are doing it via actual laws, and not just mandates.

affafafagaggagaghshah.jpeg

Trump and teabaggers don't care.
They love Putin and Jinping's approach to governing.

When a rumphole projects.... isn't that just a fart?

Telling them to leave our kids alone & stop murdering babies is authoritarianism to these deep thinkers.
And if I was to kick the shit out of one for creeping on my child, they'd call that "tyranny".

You'd be hard pressed to make up the outrageous BS the regressive collectivists claim as facts & truth.
A bunch of truly delusional rubes

Gaslighting For Rubes 101
gaslight.gif

Trump and teabaggers don't care.
They love Putin and Jinping's approach to governing.
Progs and their propaganda. I know what those two gentlemen are. The real tyranny is what is happening in the Western World and growing. And it occurs in all areas. Progs are just neutering the police in their areas for agendas. The criminal code still exists though. We turn people into criminals here quite easily. It is a business.

Progs and their propaganda. I know what those two gentlemen are. The real tyranny is what is happening in the Western World and growing. And it occurs in all areas. Progs are just neutering the police in their areas for agendas. The criminal code still exists though. We turn people into criminals here quite easily. It is a business.
No, people turn to criminality, because...................they just can't make it by doing things........legit.

photo-1580128660010-fd027e1e587a

democrats keep pushing the boundaries of perversion so conservatives keep pushing back

Which pisses off fake moderates like the op who seems to favor one party rule of dems

7h819g.jpg

Forum List

Back