2010 STATE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM: Texas

WOW! I'm sorry, but that Texan Republican Platform is just scary to me!

Look at the mission statement and the platform via a link, that Maine Republicans support.

I could support their mission, in a heartbeat, with few exceptions....but NOT the mission of the Texas Republican Platform.

I guess the platform depends on what is important to ones State, and NOT all lockstep.

I think the GOP can be loosely divided into three camps. The "RINOS" (like what's quoted in your post), the theocrats, and the Goldwater conservatives. The Tea Party is made up of the last two groups. And based on the TP-approved candidates coming up, I think the balance of power in the movement has become less Goldwater and more Palin. Which sucks, imo.
what the hell is RINO about that?

less government, lower taxes, and fiscal responsibility

thats what the tea party is all about

Smaller government? How can it be smaller when right wingers are so interested in what goes on in people's bedrooms?

--------------------------------------------------------

Marriage Licenses – We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such.

Homosexuality – We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the
fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be
presented as an acceptable “alternative” lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should “family” be redefined to include homosexual “couples.” We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, refuse to recognize, or grant special privileges including, but not limited to: marriage between persons of the same sex (regardless of state of origin), custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits.

We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.

Texas Sodomy Statutes – We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. Constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy.

---------------------------------------------------

Marriage a felony? I wonder how many tea partiers it took to dream up this document?

I think the GOP can be loosely divided into three camps. The "RINOS" (like what's quoted in your post), the theocrats, and the Goldwater conservatives. The Tea Party is made up of the last two groups. And based on the TP-approved candidates coming up, I think the balance of power in the movement has become less Goldwater and more Palin. Which sucks, imo.

Smaller government? How can it be smaller when right wingers are so interested in what goes on in people's bedrooms?

Marriage Licenses – We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such.

Homosexuality – We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the
fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be
presented as an acceptable “alternative” lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should “family” be redefined to include homosexual “couples.” We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, refuse to recognize, or grant special privileges including, but not limited to: marriage between persons of the same sex (regardless of state of origin), custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits.

We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.

Texas Sodomy Statutes – We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. Constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy.

Marriage a felony? I wonder how many tea partiers it took to dream up this document?
dipshit, thats texas, not Maine
you dishonest PoS

you dishonest PoS

you forgot Dive.....some Far Right org in Texas puts that out.....and of course to Dean,that means every fucking Conservative,Republican, right leaners everywhere......MUST subscribe to this.....Dean has an awesome blanket.....covers all....

you dishonest PoS

you forgot Dive.....some Far Right org in Texas puts that out.....and of course to Dean,that means every fucking Conservative,Republican, right leaners everywhere......MUST subscribe to this.....Dean has an awesome blanket.....covers all....

You don't hear right wingers disowning that platform do you? Give me a link.

Texans are just saying what most Republicans are thinking.

you dishonest PoS

you were right, Harry

LOL
rdean, the clown that is a joke that just keeps on giving

you dishonest PoS

Ahh yes, Maine. These are my favorites:

Reassert the principle that “Freedom of Religion” does not mean “freedom from religion”.

(I guess that means "forced religion", you HAVE to choose)

Promote family values
Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman.

(gays can't have families. Do Republicans know where gays come from?)

Discard political correctness, make public the declaration of war (Jihad), made against the US on 23 Feb 1998, and fight the war against the United States by radical Islam to win.

(Yea, let's declare war. We could declare it against, uh, well, oops, WHO do we declare war against? Oh, that's right. Bad Muslims. Could anything be more retarded?)

you dishonest PoS

Reassert the principle that “Freedom of Religion” does not mean “freedom from religion”.

Promote family values

Discard political correctness, make public the declaration of war (Jihad), made against the US on 23 Feb 1998, and fight the war against the United States by radical Islam to win.

(Yea, let's declare war. We could declare it against, uh, well, oops, WHO do we declare war against? Oh, that's right. Bad Muslims. Could anything be more retarded?)
you take those out of context and twist them to fit your pathetic LIES

you dishonest PoS

Promote family values

Whats new.

The bulk of His arguments amount to.

"they are white, they are Christian, therefore they are evil"

FAR Righties no....but many different Conservatives who are not FAR Right yes....but you would not know this.....would ya.....to you there is no difference....hence your a dishonest asshole....

you dishonest PoS

Promote family values

Out of context? What part is missing?

Oh wait, are you finally going to make a link?:lol:

Promote family values

Out of context? What part is missing?

Oh wait, are you finally going to make a link?:lol:
the link was already posted you fucking moron
you lie

Forum List

Back