Terror Attack Ratings Prove Fox Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
In a piece published earlier today, Big Journalism made note of the fact that, in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings, ratings confirm that CNN has now lost its "Big News" ratings dominance to Fox News.

For over a decade, whenever major news broke, Americans were simply expected to abandon their regular news source to tune in to CNN. What we've seen lately, though, and without a doubt during the Boston Marathon terror attack, is that this is no longer the case. Fox News is now, if you will pardon the expression, "The Most Trusted Name In News."

While CNN is beating MSNBC this week, Fox is now crushing both, and doing so during the seismic news event involving the first successful terrorist attack directed at civilians on American soil since 2001. This kind of story used to be CNN's bread and butter.

No more.

Ratings: Fox News Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'

Fox reported both had been captured when in fact they hadn't.

No wonder the right wing trusts them. They are so often wrong.

I will say that I think the FOX coverage was better than CNN's. Much in the same way $3.50 gas is better than $3.55 gas. Or more correctly $3.70 gas.

CNN showed the same footage on an endless loop and provided no commentary as to what was being shown on their airwaves...sort of like listening to people talk during a movie you're trying to watch.

FOX did some of that but they showed their two talking heads discussing stuff at least showing their discussion.

Well, if Breibart says it, it must be so. :laugh2:

No kidding, what a bunch of idiots.

Fox also was showing pictures of the wrong suspects and one of their contributors said we should kill all muslims.

Quite the respected news outlet there :lol: :lol:

I think what the Boston Marathon saga showed us is how pathetically bad mainstream media is and how irrelevant it is.

All of the networks did a horrible job. Fox was arguably the best American network but was responsible for a lot of false reports and yellow journalism during this saga. The NBC networks seemed to do an alright job but was about an hour behind everything. CBS was way behind everything, I think they're still waiting to confirm the second suspect has been caught. CNN was pathetic and got so much of it wrong. And ironically the BBC probably did the best job of any news outlet.

But the thing that sucks about Fox is since their demographic is only old and stupid people, all the yellow journalism they reported will be regarded as fact by their demographic. However the internet has largely made television irrelevant. The was 2.1 million people watching the USTREAM feed of the police scanner when the second suspect was caught. That's more than any network on television.

Fox is the only news outlet that makes any attempt to be neutral. Every other network is a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party. Everyone knows it.

so will soros try and buy fox and then junk bond it.

It's already owned by Murdoch whom has ties to the murder of a young girl, and the #2 owner is a saudi muslim, both whom also own an anti-american islamic network in the middle east.

Do you actually support these kind of people? :cuckoo:

Fox reported both had been captured when in fact they hadn't.

No wonder the right wing trusts them. They are so often wrong.

Where's the link buddy? Wasn't CNN the first network to claim that Obamacare had supposedly been struck down by the Supreme Court last year? Pretty clueless.

Fox did not air any regular programming for three out of the five days it was covering this situation. I turn on CNN, and they are too busy race baiting, and not even covering the developments.

You can't handle it, Fox is the superior news source in the media now. Go home and cry to mommy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back