Terror Attack Ratings Prove Fox Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'

In a piece published earlier today, Big Journalism made note of the fact that, in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings, ratings confirm that CNN has now lost its "Big News" ratings dominance to Fox News.

For over a decade, whenever major news broke, Americans were simply expected to abandon their regular news source to tune in to CNN. What we've seen lately, though, and without a doubt during the Boston Marathon terror attack, is that this is no longer the case. Fox News is now, if you will pardon the expression, "The Most Trusted Name In News."

While CNN is beating MSNBC this week, Fox is now crushing both, and doing so during the seismic news event involving the first successful terrorist attack directed at civilians on American soil since 2001. This kind of story used to be CNN's bread and butter.

No more.

Ratings: Fox News Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'

I will admit that the producers of Fox News are damn good at what they do. They know how to pull an audience. Unfortunately, the network lacks any integrity whatsoever. Anyone who watches Fox News is unwilling to see an issue from both sides.

And Liberals are?

In a piece published earlier today, Big Journalism made note of the fact that, in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings, ratings confirm that CNN has now lost its "Big News" ratings dominance to Fox News.

For over a decade, whenever major news broke, Americans were simply expected to abandon their regular news source to tune in to CNN. What we've seen lately, though, and without a doubt during the Boston Marathon terror attack, is that this is no longer the case. Fox News is now, if you will pardon the expression, "The Most Trusted Name In News."

While CNN is beating MSNBC this week, Fox is now crushing both, and doing so during the seismic news event involving the first successful terrorist attack directed at civilians on American soil since 2001. This kind of story used to be CNN's bread and butter.

No more.

I will admit that the producers of Fox News are damn good at what they do. They know how to pull an audience. Unfortunately, the network lacks any integrity whatsoever. Anyone who watches Fox News is unwilling to see an issue from both sides.

Uh let me know a network that does, I think Fox does it the best in a weak field....

If you actually think that Fox News is "fair and balanced" then you are completley dense. MSNBC is just as biased but it is at least honest about it. I don't watch either one though.

PBS is relatively unbiased.

Last edited:
It's already owned by Murdoch whom has ties to the murder of a young girl, and the #2 owner is a saudi muslim, both whom also own an anti-american islamic network in the middle east.

Do you actually support these kind of people? :cuckoo:

I love capturing you when you are in full slander mode.

You are a champ.

Yet he supported Ted Kennedy and Al Jazeera....er Current TV.....what a dumbass hypocrit.......I love giving black label the meat, but he can never handle it.

I think not. He can't handle a challenge at all.

Uh let me know a network that does, I think Fox does it the best in a weak field....

If you actually think that Fox News is "fair and balanced" then you are completley dense. MSNBC is just as biased but it is at least honest about it. I don't watch either one though.

Uhhh.. then why do they allow people like NPR to air on their networks?

Look at your JD Roberts. Now I love him to death from all my rock years up here,I think he's doing a great job now and he still is gorgeous.

But he is still reading lines people give him. No journalist.

OMG to compare Fox to MSNBC is a joke, MSNBC doesnt even have a pretense of objectivity, either you dont watch the channels or you're a leftwing pos......again which station do you prefer, PBS???? LOLOLOLOL yeah they're real balanced, the state tv......nice job comrade

but it does fit in with the rest of you snobbish left wing ideology........in other words I'm sure you do watch PBS..

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you really put me in my place. Al Jazeera, Jon Stewart, do you have anything from a CREDIBLE source? I didn't think so, you scandalous cock sucker.

2463812-2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

Keep supporting a radical right wing, anti-american network and it's muslim owner you piece of shit. :fu:

I'm seriously conservative but I love AJ. They tell the truth compared to Axelrod dictating to your alphabet networks.

By the way for years I have tuned into AJ as well as France14 and of course every brit news...

Then you must hate fox news, correct?

I think they all gave out so much false information I couldn't believe what they were reporting. I don't get the rush. I certainly don't remember the first one to report anything.

If those on the left hate Fox so much just change the channel. Simple as that. Those who hate Fox only increase their ratings when they tune in.
There is more than enough news outlets that support the leftist agenda.

Fox reported both had been captured when in fact they hadn't.

No wonder the right wing trusts them. They are so often wrong.

Good to see you watch FoxNews. The other MSM never get anything wrong....right.

No more.

maybe

from the start when i first heard about it

on top of the hour news off the radio in my truck

to now

through the internet

watching local on the scene news

and Boston area police scanners

plus the forums here through this message board i am with a growing number

of persons who has given up on cable news

CNN lost credibility when it said that the meterorite that hit Russia was caused by global warming.

If those on the left hate Fox so much just change the channel. Simple as that. Those who hate Fox only increase their ratings when they tune in.

I don't believe they watch FoxNews now. What they do is repeat what they been fed on some common liberal web site. The liberal response is always, almost to the word, the same no matter where you receive it.

The problem with liberals is that they can not believe they are not the popular ones. That what they feed people isn't the popular opinion. So they have to tear down the popular outlet in an attempt to make theirs look better. It has not worked by a long shot.

When the SCOTUS's decision on the atrocity of Obamacare was made I was able to watch it on a monitor at work. CNN is the only thing piped in and they reported that the individual mandates had been shot down. I walked away thinking that is what we thought would happen. Later, when asked I told a friend what I had seen on the monitor. We walked out and no more then 1/2 hour later the story had obviously changed. CNN made a mistake. Which considering the newness of the story and trying to be the first to report news is to be expected. They corrected their mistake as does Fox when they make mistakes.

What the liberals do is point out the spec in a person's eye while ignoring the plank in their own.

Very good point.

You know...when I'm motivated by the poor coverage on CNN to turn to FOX, the coverage on CNN must be bad.

Compared to real News Channels like the BBC and Al Jazeera , Fox is for kids and long term very harmful .

The problem with liberals is that they can not believe they are not the popular ones. That what they feed people isn't the popular opinion. So they have to tear down the popular outlet in an attempt to make theirs look better. It has not worked by a long shot.
Very good point. The left believes they won a mandate in the last election when half the country still doesn't support their agenda. It is easier to vilify those who oppose their views than to debate on facts or merit of legislation. Obama did this again when the background check bill failed accusing those who didn't support it for not caring about children and how we should be ashamed. It's rather pathetic.

Liberals have to watch Fox. They won't get any news unless they do. Propaganda only goes so far.

Fox reported both had been captured when in fact they hadn't.

No wonder the right wing trusts them. They are so often wrong.

no they did not you lying asswarp. where'd you get that shit from? media don't matter?

Forum List

Back