Ten Hours in Line to Vote - An American Embarrassment

dude, i never said anything about the counties
SOMEONE needs to pout in a request for the machines
and i doubt that any state AG would allocate the machines in a way that was obviously in violation of the voting rights act, it would be political suicide
now, do you have any actual proof or just most BS speculations?

I'm real comfortable with your ignorance on the subject.

I have no intention of wasting time repeating the same thing for closed minds.

If you still don't get it .. then I guess you don't get it.

Machine Allocation Discriminates Against African-American Voters

In the 2004 Ohio election, the inequitable distribution of electronic voting machines caused long waits in African-American precincts, and many voters had to leave without casting a ballot. Franklin County, for example, provided only one machine per 324 registered voters in predominantly African-American precincts, while in other precincts the ratio was one machine per 262 voters.

On election day, 39 of the machines destined for inner city precincts either were not delivered or were never activated, and officials had no explanation. 3A 2005 study commissioned by the State of Georgia, which uses electronic voting machines exclusively, reported that “poorer communities and communities inhabited mostly by nonwhites experienced higher levels of undercounts....”4The study also found disproportionate wait times: an average of 30 minutes reported by whites, and an average of 56 minutes reported by non-whites.

Electronic Voting Machines: New, High-Tech Ways to Disenfranchise African-Americans

I can't help but notice that as the election day looms larger our resident racists are getting more and more angry and openly racist, too

Comments like the line take ten hours because blacks are slower voters?

My goodness, their whites only world is really falling apart isn't it?

Take heart racists..the nation that Obama is going to become POTUS of is a real mess.

In all likihood things will get much much worse than they currently are, and just think -- you'll be able to completely ignore the history that makes it so, and blame it all on a Black POTUS, and a Democratic Congress, and those who many of you think are those self loathing Whites who voted that Black man and those Dems into office

See? There's your silver lining hidden in this cloud.

You'll be able to pretend that all the problems we face had nothing to do with the fact that Republicans screwed the pooch for the last eight years.
pot/kettle much?

It shouldn't take that long, I agree. Seems that with the turnout being what it is, there should be a polling location at every school, church, library, post office. This should have been planned for.

BULLSHIT. Now we expect our State Governments to "divine" voter turn out and hire extra people? How about where d they get all that extra voting machinary?

I have an idea? Since most States have gone to limited early voting how about instead of waiting 10 hours today, leave and come back tomorrow or the next day? After all that IS what we are talking about, early voting. Here in NC it lasted something like 2 or 3 WEEKS. ending on Saturday. And then there is absentee voting which is now allowed even if you are going no where.

Does NO ONE have common sense any more?

The only day you NEED to stand in line for 10 hours would be ELECTION DAY.

I'm real comfortable with your ignorance on the subject.

I have no intention of wasting time repeating the same thing for closed minds.

If you still don't get it .. then I guess you don't get it.

Machine Allocation Discriminates Against African-American Voters

In the 2004 Ohio election, the inequitable distribution of electronic voting machines caused long waits in African-American precincts, and many voters had to leave without casting a ballot. Franklin County, for example, provided only one machine per 324 registered voters in predominantly African-American precincts, while in other precincts the ratio was one machine per 262 voters.

On election day, 39 of the machines destined for inner city precincts either were not delivered or were never activated, and officials had no explanation. 3A 2005 study commissioned by the State of Georgia, which uses electronic voting machines exclusively, reported that “poorer communities and communities inhabited mostly by nonwhites experienced higher levels of undercounts....”4The study also found disproportionate wait times: an average of 30 minutes reported by whites, and an average of 56 minutes reported by non-whites.

Electronic Voting Machines: New, High-Tech Ways to Disenfranchise African-Americans
ok, some were not delivered, but it also says some were not activated

who is responsible for that activation?

btw, i'm not ignorant, so stop being an asshole and debate the issue

ok, some were not delivered, but it also says some were not activated

who is responsible for that activation?

btw, i'm not ignorant, so stop being an asshole and debate the issue

I've read your posts before sir and I have no question that your inability to ascertain the truth of this issue is rooted in ideology, not a sane review of the facts.

Any idea why states like Georgia are still under the Voting Rights Act? .. It's because they have a long ass ugly history of discrimination and disenfranchisement that has been conclusively proven beyond all reasonable doubt .. thus, it soes not take rocket science intelligence to look just slightly beneath the surface to figure out why there are 10 hour lines in democratic disricts.

Georgia is NOW in a tight race for US Senator .. a race that was once seen as a lock for the incumbent republican .. but due to the massive African-American votes, the race is now a toss-up.

If the significance of all of this still escapes you, then I question your last statement.

BULLSHIT. Now we expect our State Governments to "divine" voter turn out and hire extra people? How about where d they get all that extra voting machinary?

I have an idea? Since most States have gone to limited early voting how about instead of waiting 10 hours today, leave and come back tomorrow or the next day? After all that IS what we are talking about, early voting. Here in NC it lasted something like 2 or 3 WEEKS. ending on Saturday. And then there is absentee voting which is now allowed even if you are going no where.

Does NO ONE have common sense any more?

The only day you NEED to stand in line for 10 hours would be ELECTION DAY.
Well the day before Election Day isn't the best time to argue this. On the other hand, for weeks I've heard that the county has ordered in many more supplied, based upon the registration numbers. It only makes sense that the Election Commission does their job.

BTW, I think the early voting thing should go. I don't know when that started, but IMO it's not a good idea. It causes 'exit poll reporting' to happen days, not hours ahead. Remember 2000? There are reasons for absentee ballots, illness, travel, etc. Traditionally though, at least around here, they were opened after the election.

I'm glad to see so many wanting and bothering to vote. Personally I think they should get rid of the machines and get back to paper and pen voting. Less fraud.

Funny it is so hard to improve accuracy and availability of our right to vote, yet took only 2 weeks to borrow without our approval nearly a trillion dollars that we have to pay back.

tell me again how through research and innovation we were able to land on the moon and read DNA, yet cant devise an ATM that can count?

We're still stuffing a box with pieces of paper here in rural Maine, too.

I like it that way.

Would you wait 10 hrs to vote asswipe?

God damn ignorant unamerican fucks don't care that this is happening to americans.

When we run everything, we'll make republican districts wait 10 hrs, we'll appoint partisan hacks to oversee the votes, we'll hire obama donors to supply us with rigged voting machines and we'll give the 2012 election to obama before a recount can be done. And with his 3 supreme court justice appointees, if it comes down to that, we'll win that too because as gore vs bush said, a recount would be too costly.

In hindsite, we should have taken the 2 weeks to do the recount.

I think you are coming unglued. you need anger management.

that's just because they love to play the victim card! along with their other cards.

With the rapidly changing American population, there's another "card" in your future .. besides the stupid card the right usually plays.

:lol:

It's probably because it's the first time any of these people have voted. Period. They have no idea how to pull the lever.

Forum List

Back