Ten Hours in Line to Vote - An American Embarrassment

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
We're number one, we're number one.

American voters all over the country are witing in lines up to TEN HOURS LONG to vote .. and of course, they are mostly African-Americans.

Here in Atlanta ..

For Atlanta voters, 10 hour lines await
The Raw Story | For Atlanta voters, 10 hour lines await

But this is happening in more places than just Atlanta .. although those doing the waiting remain the same ..

No One Should Have to Stand in Line for 10 Hours to Vote
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/opinion/26tue4.html

I guess my wife should feel lucky .. it only took her FOUR HOURS to vote.

Ten hour lines to vote on election systems with little integrity .. far behind the integrity of the election systems in Brazil.

America should be embarressed this is being seen on the world stage.

Is there any significance to this? :confused:

Negative. It's more race-card bullshit. Black Coal is just getting his excuse ready if Comrade Hussein loses. I can hear it now. "We lost because you made poor, innocent, black people stand in line for 10 hours."

WHAH!

African Americans just cannot catch a break can they? No one else in the whole wide world has it as bad as African Americans do they? Yes, we are an embarassment to African Americans aren't we. That's why I'm voting for McCain. I'm sick of all this racist crap.

American voters all over the country are witing in lines up to TEN HOURS LONG to vote .. and of course, they are mostly African-Americans.

Here in Atlanta ..

But this is happening in more places than just Atlanta .. although those doing the waiting remain the same ..

Ten hour lines to vote on election systems with little integrity .. far behind the integrity of the election systems in Brazil.

Is there a remote possiblilty---(I'm talking way out there now) --that whites vote faster than blacks ?

The Republican Secretary of State of Georgia is engaged in full scale voter suppression. She has removed thousands of legitimate voters from the roles and purposefully tried to keep down early voting. The problem with this is that it tends to make voters want to vote you out of office. Perhaps soon, Georgia will be going blue.

The Republican Secretary of State of Georgia is engaged in full scale voter suppression. She has removed thousands of legitimate voters from the roles and purposefully tried to keep down early voting. The problem with this is that it tends to make voters want to vote you out of office. Perhaps soon, Georgia will be going blue.

More bullshit voter fraud conspiracy theories.

I grew up in Georgia and I remember Lester Maddox selling autographed axhandles at his restaurant in Atlanta.

Racism is still alive in the South and on this message board.

I grew up in Georgia and I remember Lester Maddox selling autographed axhandles at his restaurant in Atlanta.

Racism is still alive in the South and on this message board.

Man, your race card has got to be worn down to nothing. Better buy a brand new one.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- College senior Kyla Berry was looking forward to voting in her first presidential election, even carrying her voter registration card in her wallet.

But about two weeks ago, Berry got disturbing news from local election officials.

"This office has received notification from the state of Georgia indicating that you are not a citizen of the United States and therefore, not eligible to vote," a letter from the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections said.

But Berry is a U.S. citizen, born in Boston, Massachusetts. She has a passport and a birth certificate to prove it.

The letter, which was dated October 2, gave her a week from the time it was dated to prove her citizenship. There was a problem, though -- the letter was postmarked October 9.

"It was the most bizarre thing. I immediately called my mother and asked her to send me my birth certificate, and then I was like, 'It's too late, apparently,' " Berry said.

Berry is one of more than 50,000 registered Georgia voters who have been "flagged" because of a computer mismatch in their personal identification information. At least 4,500 of those people are having their citizenship questioned and the burden is on them to prove eligibility to vote.

Experts say lists of people with mismatches are often systematically cut, or "purged," from voter rolls.

It's a scenario that's being repeated all across the country, with cases like Berry's raising fears of potential vote suppression in crucial swing states.

"What most people don't know is that every year, elections officials strike millions of names from the voter rolls using processes that are secret, prone to error and vulnerable to manipulation," said Wendy Weiser, an elections expert with New York University's Brennan Center for Justice.

Some voters 'purged' from voter rolls - CNN.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8O43LxV_Xw]YouTube - Hacking Democracy Trailer[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

Everyone should see this.

Looks like she didn't keep her info up to date.

If she moved, or got married and didn't update her paperwork, it's her fault.

The only thing the "system" can do is match the names on the registration card to the names in the data base.

Hell I, a white male, had to go to my local registrar of voters with my birth certificate and my driver's license because whoever punched my info in off of my mail in registration substituted a "y" for an "i" in my name and I got a similar letter. Do I feel singled out or do I think I am the victim of a conspiracy? No.

Doesn't everyone know to register as early as possible so mistakes can be fixed? And who moves to another state without a copy of their birth certificate? You need it for so many things, everyone should have a notarized copy of their birth certificates.

I'm supposed to feel bad for this chick?

Those weren't voting lines. They were waiting on their weekly ration of Food Stamps.

And thats why you're a fucking cocksucker who I know wouldnt have the fucking balls to say that to a black man's face would you? No you wouldn't, so you spew your bullshit, dumbass, redneck from ignorant ass Arkansas where the entire IQ of the state is 38 and you put it online.

Hey mr, "I'm a badass who can talk online," why don't you go down to the Univ of Arkansas, get one of those Offensive Lineman, and say that shit? No, you won't, cause your a racist pussy who likes to hide behind his computer and your dumbass picture.

Its people like you that bring down the gene pool in this country, I just wish you'd say some shit like that to me and we'll see what would fucking happen. It would be your old, country, redneck ass busted up on the ground - thats what it would be

Here in Atlanta ..

It shouldn't take that long, I agree. Seems that with the turnout being what it is, there should be a polling location at every school, church, library, post office. This should have been planned for.

Forum List

Back