Ten Hours in Line to Vote - An American Embarrassment

It's probably because it's the first time any of these people have voted. Period. They have no idea how to pull the lever.

Didn't expect that from you.

Are you suggesting that everybody waiting in long ass lines have never voted before?

Are you aware of this ...

60%
Percentage of black citizens age 18 and older who voted in the 2004 presidential election. That amounted to 14 million voters. The percentage of those voting is up 3 percentage points from the previous election. Blacks had the highest turnout rate of any minority group in 2004.

In 2004, turnout rates for citizens were 67 percent for non-Hispanic whites, 60 percent for blacks, 44 percent for Asians and 47 percent for Hispanics (of any race). These rates were higher than the previous presidential election by 5 percentage points for non-Hispanic whites and 3 points for blacks. By contrast, the voting rates for Asian and Hispanic citizens did not change. These data pertain to those who identified themselves as being of a single race. (See Table 1. [Excel])

US Census Press Releases

It appears that black voters vote nearly as much as white voters, and in some races their votes exceed every demographic.

Are you suggesting that everybody waiting in long ass lines have never voted before?

60%
Percentage of black citizens age 18 and older who voted in the 2004 presidential election. That amounted to 14 million voters. The percentage of those voting is up 3 percentage points from the previous election. Blacks had the highest turnout rate of any minority group in 2004.

In 2004, turnout rates for citizens were 67 percent for non-Hispanic whites, 60 percent for blacks, 44 percent for Asians and 47 percent for Hispanics (of any race). These rates were higher than the previous presidential election by 5 percentage points for non-Hispanic whites and 3 points for blacks. By contrast, the voting rates for Asian and Hispanic citizens did not change. These data pertain to those who identified themselves as being of a single race. (See Table 1. [Excel])

US Census Press Releases

It appears that black voters vote nearly as much as white voters, and in some races their votes exceed every demographic.

I bet if you go to that particular area where the line is 10 hours long....that they allocated based on the last election. It's the only thing they could have done.

You know how I feel about Obama...but he has brought people out of the woodwork to vote for the first time (young people) and probably people who were disgusted with Bush didn't bother voting for Bush again.

Did you ever see the people who run these polling places? I have and I do. They don't have a clue to much. Not the sharpest tools in the shed are running the voting shows....

Here's one of many video's on the idiots running the polling places

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHL_YMBolRs]YouTube - Who's Responsible? New Hampshire Chain of Custody Sham[/ame]

60%

US Census Press Releases

ok, well you got me on that census press release. I was thinking "logically" but evidentily logic doesn't apply here.

So then I have to go back to the idiots running the polling places, voting etc.....

I bet if you go to that particular area where the line is 10 hours long....that they allocated based on the last election. It's the only thing they could have done.

You know how I feel about Obama...but he has brought people out of the woodwork to vote for the first time (young people) and probably people who were disgusted with Bush didn't bother voting for Bush again.

Did you ever see the people who run these polling places? I have and I do. They don't have a clue to much. Not the sharpest tools in the shed are running the voting shows....

I have much respect for your opinions .. as you already know my sister .. but you haven't dug deep enough to uncover the truth. I've been to poling places, spoken to various election officials and Secretary of States, did the research, written legislation on the issue, sat on the panels of various town hall meetings and public forums, testified before the Georgia State government, and have been in the forefront of this battle.

What we witnessing is contrived .. it's just that simple.

How is it that the supposedly most advanced nation in the world can't figure out how to make voting more efficient and accurate?

We can .. but don't for political reasons.

First, fuck you comrade remark. What an assinine piece of crap.

Maybe you need to canvass and see if there is a disproportionate number of voting machines in areas when you delineate them by afluence.

Listen to your own Repuplican strategist that I posted that their goal is to make it more difficult to vote for certain elements less likely to vote rightie.

The left just seems to be steeped in seething hatred this morning! Awesome!

ok, well you got me on that census press release. I was thinking "logically" but evidentily logic doesn't apply here.

So then I have to go back to the idiots running the polling places, voting etc.....

Don't worry good sister. The "black people don't vote" thing is a common misconception.

I agree that some of the fault lies with those running polling places, but even that begins at the top because quite often poll workers are not adequately trained.

But there are real political ramifications for disenfranchising and discouraging the black vote in Georgia.

As Saxby Chambliss, the incumbent Georgia Senator said the other day .. "those other people are voting"

One guess who the "other people" are ..

and what card would that be BAC? be very specific!

The "I'm being discriminated against because I'm white" card .. oh wait, you already play that card.

How about the "I'm being discriminated againgst because I'm a white minority" card?

Don't worry good sister. The "black people don't vote" thing is a common misconception.

I agree that some of the fault lies with those running polling places, but even that begins at the top because quite often poll workers are not adequately trained.

But there are real political ramifications for disenfranchising and discouraging the black vote in Georgia.

As Saxby Chambliss, the incumbent Georgia Senator said the other day .. "those other people are voting"

One guess who the "other people" are ..

one thing though, I never mentioned "Black people" you did. I mentioned "people voting for the first time" and "People coming out to vote who never voted before".

The "I'm being discriminated against because I'm white" card .. oh wait, you already play that card.

How about the "I'm being discriminated againgst because I'm a white minority" card?

bitter little people, are to be pitied!

Forum List

Back