Ten Hours in Line to Vote - An American Embarrassment

We're number one, we're number one.

American voters all over the country are witing in lines up to TEN HOURS LONG to vote .. and of course, they are mostly African-Americans.

Here in Atlanta ..

For Atlanta voters, 10 hour lines await
The Raw Story | For Atlanta voters, 10 hour lines await

But this is happening in more places than just Atlanta .. although those doing the waiting remain the same ..

No One Should Have to Stand in Line for 10 Hours to Vote
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/opinion/26tue4.html

I guess my wife should feel lucky .. it only took her FOUR HOURS to vote.

Ten hour lines to vote on election systems with little integrity .. far behind the integrity of the election systems in Brazil.

America should be embarressed this is being seen on the world stage.

It looks like in Atlanta everyone waited last minute as the article says to cast their ballot early:

"These are folks standing in line, trying to get in before early voting ends in that state," said Hall. "It ends today, by the way. And this line? Eight to 10 hours is the estimate for some poor soul who's at the back of the line right now. Eight to 10 hours.
emphasis added

Of course it is all going to be bottle necked-- everyone trying at the last minute to do what they should have done 2 weeks ago.

I do believe that each area should be equipped for their number of voter turnout -- on Election Day though so no one has to wait in a line for more than a few hours.

You mean blacks resort to violence unneccessarily?

Some of the worst fighting I have ever seen. Rookies.

Rookies indeed. They need lessons. I can see far worse than that on a Saturday night here (on cctv - we call it "feral cam"). Not a knife seen, not even a decent fight. That was street theatre, not fighting - they did it very well though. But they're sober I suppose. That would explain the total lack of viciousness.

Well it's a good thing to know Obama is elected already, no need to show up on election day.
Congrats Obama!!& Michelle
bill-clinton-michelle-obama.jpg

oops

Last edited:
This is rediculous. No one can say making it hard to vote is on accident. Not after the last 2 elections.

Not only are they making ppl wait hours to vote they're also challanging votes and purging people from the list. Now I'm hearing about faulty voting machines or not enough per precinct?

So everything we said happened in the last 2 elections and everything we said would happen in this election is happening.

On a bright side, gop set to lose 8-10 seats in the Senate and 25 in the houses.

And mccain can't steal enough states to win.

We are going to fix it so no election can ever be stolen again. Checks and balances.

And don't worry about one party rule, because blue dog dems have to make their constituents happy. Democrats won't be in collusion with each other like republicans did.

And if you make less than $250k, you'll get more from obama.

And the gop said bill clinton would ruin the economy too. They lie. The country will collapse if republicans lead. I don't think people realize that their jobs will eventually be affected by bushanomics. Or it already has. Did you get a raise? Then you were affected, because they caused inflation. Iraq alone cost inflation. And mccain wants to keep paying $10bill a month in iraq.

This is rediculous. No one can say making it hard to vote is on accident. Not after the last 2 elections.

Not only are they making ppl wait hours to vote they're also challanging votes and purging people from the list. Now I'm hearing about faulty voting machines or not enough per precinct?

So everything we said happened in the last 2 elections and everything we said would happen in this election is happening.

On a bright side, gop set to lose 8-10 seats in the Senate and 25 in the houses.

And mccain can't steal enough states to win.

We are going to fix it so no election can ever be stolen again. Checks and balances.

And don't worry about one party rule, because blue dog dems have to make their constituents happy. Democrats won't be in collusion with each other like republicans did.

And if you make less than $250k, you'll get more from obama.

And the gop said bill clinton would ruin the economy too. They lie. The country will collapse if republicans lead. I don't think people realize that their jobs will eventually be affected by bushanomics. Or it already has. Did you get a raise? Then you were affected, because they caused inflation. Iraq alone cost inflation. And mccain wants to keep paying $10bill a month in iraq.
you show once again you are totally delusional
no one MADE anyone wait
they CHOSE to
they could have voted several days earlier and not had to wait
they can also go vote on tuesday

no one MADE anyone wait
they CHOSE to

shit didn't a million asswipes wait in line for a week to get an Ipod?

no one MADE anyone wait
they CHOSE to

I love how those with the faux outrage gloss over the part of the story that says everyone showed up last minute to vote early--thus the wait. :eusa_boohoo:

Negative. It's more race-card bullshit. Black Coal is just getting his excuse ready if Comrade Hussein loses. I can hear it now. "We lost because you made poor, innocent, black people stand in line for 10 hours."

WHAH!

Smack me, but he's not pulling for Obama. He has his reasons.

shit didn't a million asswipes wait in line for a week to get an Ipod?

Would you wait 10 hrs to vote asswipe?

God damn ignorant unamerican fucks don't care that this is happening to americans.

When we run everything, we'll make republican districts wait 10 hrs, we'll appoint partisan hacks to oversee the votes, we'll hire obama donors to supply us with rigged voting machines and we'll give the 2012 election to obama before a recount can be done. And with his 3 supreme court justice appointees, if it comes down to that, we'll win that too because as gore vs bush said, a recount would be too costly.

In hindsite, we should have taken the 2 weeks to do the recount.

Would you wait 10 hrs to vote asswipe?

God damn ignorant unamerican fucks don't care that this is happening to americans.

When we run everything, we'll make republican districts wait 10 hrs, we'll appoint partisan hacks to oversee the votes, we'll hire obama donors to supply us with rigged voting machines and we'll give the 2012 election to obama before a recount can be done. And with his 3 supreme court justice appointees, if it comes down to that, we'll win that too because as gore vs bush said, a recount would be too costly.

In hindsite, we should have taken the 2 weeks to do the recount.
you STILL dont understand that the republicans dont control democratic districts
you want to bitch, bitch at those in charge in those districts
the DEMOCRATS

you STILL dont understand that the republicans dont control democratic districts
you want to bitch, bitch at those in charge in those districts
the DEMOCRATS

Check out who the secretary of state and governors are in those states.

And who decided to use es&s, sequoia and shit I can't think of the 3rd and most famous voting machine company. It'll come to me.

Yea, black communities say send them you're oldest voting machines, don't send enough of them and please challenge our new voters please!

I don't listen to anyone who thinks gore tried to steal florida. If you can argue/defend that, you aren't worth talking to.

I'll stop listening to you on the 5th. Your voice/opinion won't matter.

Finally.

My prediction is that republicans are nothing but a bunch of whiners.

Check out who the secretary of state and governors are in those states.

And who decided to use es&s, sequoia and shit I can't think of the 3rd and most famous voting machine company. It'll come to me.

Yea, black communities say send them you're oldest voting machines, don't send enough of them and please challenge our new voters please!

I don't listen to anyone who thinks gore tried to steal florida. If you can argue/defend that, you aren't worth talking to.

I'll stop listening to you on the 5th. Your voice/opinion won't matter.

Finally.

My prediction is that republicans are nothing but a bunch of whiners.
yet here you are , whining
LOL

The waiting lines and our voting system is an embarrasement, we have satelitte cameras that can read the writing on your golf ball from space yet can't put together a simple voter counting machine. That uses one mathematical system "addition"

Forum List

Back