televangelist seeks donations for $54M private jet

Wow this source is so reliable that the writer:

1. Misspelled HANGAR.
2. Said he wanted to buy a Falcon X, which doesn't exist. His picture is of a Falcon 7X. You can clearly see the designation on the vertical stab.

When people are idiots, they should refrain from proving it to the public.

Oh yea, churches can take donations for whatever legal reason they want to.
Nope

hangar | ˈhaNGər | a large building with an extensive floor area, typically for housing aircraft.

Yea, that's not what he put, asshole.

Read the fucking link before commenting. You make yourself look like a real idiot. Of course you're very good at that.

HAHA I just checked the link again, the photo of the wrong airplane and the caption with the misspelling have been taken down. Someone caught it.

CORRECTION: no they did not, that was another site. Newsweek still has it wrong. The OP changed the link. Here is the original with all the errors:

A Louisiana televangelist wants followers to donate money so he can buy a $54 million private jet
I did not change my post. It merged with another .. check post #9, which is still my original post .. no longer OP.
You still can't spell.

I still can't spell what? I only worked in an airplane HANGAR for almost 20 years. I think I know how to spell it.

Why should anybody care what the preacher's congregation allows him to do with their financial donations? .... :dunno:
It's okay if he is open about the donations going to buy a Jet. It's a problem if he has people donating to help needy, but uses that money for a Jet.

It's okay if he is open about the donations going to buy a Jet. It's a problem if he has people donating to help needy, but uses that money for a Jet.
The preacher was upfront and told the church membership the money was for the purchase of a jet aircraft for his personal use.

So again, I don't see why people who aren't even members of his church are soo irate about something that isn't any of their business. ..... :dunno:

Another evangelical that isn't a Christian. They have been outed as phony Christians.

They are now the money changers pretending to be followers of Christ and they are stealing the last dollar of millions of poor people. It is so disgusting.

Wow................yet another Christian mega preacher who is trying to bilk his followers out of money. Seems that Jesse Duplantis is now telling his followers that he needs a new luxury jet, with a shower, with a 54 MILLION dollar price tag. He's telling his followers that he needs a new jet to spread the gospel, because he can't fly commercial, due to all the "demons in a tube" as one of his other preachers likes to say, because it interferes with his prayers and he can't talk to God properly.

What exactly do you think Jesus would have to say about this dude who is telling everyone that God said he needs a new 54 million dollar jet, and that God told him to have his followers pay for it?

A televangelist wants his followers to pay for a $54 million private jet. It’s his fourth plane.

If Jesus were to descend from heaven and physically set foot on 21st-century Earth, prosperity gospel televangelist Jesse Duplantis told his followers, the Redeemer would probably take a pass on riding on the back of a donkey: “He’d be on an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

And Duplantis thinks the Light of the World wouldn’t exactly settle for 30 inches of legroom or getting patted down by TSA.

Why would He choose anything less than the Falcon 7X, a private jet that nears the sound barrier but also has noise-limiting acoustic technology, a Bluetooth-enabled entertainment center and an optional in-flight shower?

Duplantis, saying he needs about $54 million to help him efficiently spread the gospel to as many people as possible, has asked the Lord — and hundreds of thousands of hopefully deep-pocketed followers across the world — for just such a plane.

He is the latest aircraft-seeking preacher to draw raised eyebrows and outright condemnation from critics who say asking for a multimillion-dollar luxury jet is not exactly what Jesus meant when he said “store up for yourself treasures in heaven.”

But this is not the first time Duplantis has been enmeshed in the preacher private plane debate. The Falcon 7X would be his ministry’s fourth jet — all paid for with cash drummed up from followers.

And before anyone asks, he already has an answer for nonbelievers and critics who want to know why, exactly, his ministry requires a luxury jet that would make his fleet the same size as Donald Trump’s.

“We believe in God for a brand new Falcon 7X so we can go anywhere in the world, one stop,” he told people on “This Week With Jesse,” a regular video broadcast on his website. The video on May 21 carefully mixed the gospel with a few insights into the economics of international aviation.

Wow................yet another Christian mega preacher who is trying to bilk his followers out of money. Seems that Jesse Duplantis is now telling his followers that he needs a new luxury jet, with a shower, with a 54 MILLION dollar price tag. He's telling his followers that he needs a new jet to spread the gospel, because he can't fly commercial, due to all the "demons in a tube" as one of his other preachers likes to say, because it interferes with his prayers and he can't talk to God properly.

What exactly do you think Jesus would have to say about this dude who is telling everyone that God said he needs a new 54 million dollar jet, and that God told him to have his followers pay for it?

A televangelist wants his followers to pay for a $54 million private jet. It’s his fourth plane.

If Jesus were to descend from heaven and physically set foot on 21st-century Earth, prosperity gospel televangelist Jesse Duplantis told his followers, the Redeemer would probably take a pass on riding on the back of a donkey: “He’d be on an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

And Duplantis thinks the Light of the World wouldn’t exactly settle for 30 inches of legroom or getting patted down by TSA.

Why would He choose anything less than the Falcon 7X, a private jet that nears the sound barrier but also has noise-limiting acoustic technology, a Bluetooth-enabled entertainment center and an optional in-flight shower?

Duplantis, saying he needs about $54 million to help him efficiently spread the gospel to as many people as possible, has asked the Lord — and hundreds of thousands of hopefully deep-pocketed followers across the world — for just such a plane.

He is the latest aircraft-seeking preacher to draw raised eyebrows and outright condemnation from critics who say asking for a multimillion-dollar luxury jet is not exactly what Jesus meant when he said “store up for yourself treasures in heaven.”

But this is not the first time Duplantis has been enmeshed in the preacher private plane debate. The Falcon 7X would be his ministry’s fourth jet — all paid for with cash drummed up from followers.

And before anyone asks, he already has an answer for nonbelievers and critics who want to know why, exactly, his ministry requires a luxury jet that would make his fleet the same size as Donald Trump’s.

“We believe in God for a brand new Falcon 7X so we can go anywhere in the world, one stop,” he told people on “This Week With Jesse,” a regular video broadcast on his website. The video on May 21 carefully mixed the gospel with a few insights into the economics of international aviation.

Yeah, this guy is nothing more than a POS.

My question is, why do we allow con men like this to keep bilking poor people out of cash, while they live like kings?

Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw once. It said..............."Jesus is coming, and boy is He pissed!" Remember when Jesus went and flogged all the money changers in the Temple? Wonder what the punishment would be for preachers who bilk the poor out of money in His name?

I think burning at the stake would be a good choice.

Wonder how many other televangelists are going to follow his lead and start telling their followers that God wants them to upgrade their private jets?

Its better than strapping a bomb vest to his followers and telling them there are virgins waiting for him.....
Funny the things people will ignore to get where they want to go....

I'm very happy he's doing this. You see, I feel everyone who buys into his bullshit and gives him money deserves to go poor and starve to death.

That's not as sad Taylor Swift has a private jet fly her cat while homeless people live nearby.

Taylor Swift is wealthy, and bought her own jet, and flew it at her own expense.

The televangelist is getting his followers to send him money for the jet, while he spends nothing out of pocket himself.

See the difference?

he might change the rules as he tells his people , Hey , i need more Pocket money since i got the new JET.

That's not as sad Taylor Swift has a private jet fly her cat while homeless people live nearby.

Taylor Swift is wealthy, and bought her own jet, and flew it at her own expense.

The televangelist is getting his followers to send him money for the jet, while he spends nothing out of pocket himself.

See the difference?
Both groups are retards paying a lot of money for something that isn't worth it. Swift and the televangelist just took advantage.

Forum List

Back