Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

Women have been hiding abortions for a long time, and many have died from lack of access. It also won't go away if you don't talk about it, and especially not if it isn't acceptable. And when you have an abortion, it is nothing like going out to dinner.

What no drive thru abortion clinics?

Would you like Fries with that abortion?

America is so behind the times.
Got to resist...got to resist

This is so utterly tasteless, but as an irreverent animal I simply can't resist the opening....

Would the Octo-mom be supersizing it?

(you can all now tell me to shut up :D)

:lol:

You make a good point though, how respectful of life are those who pump out babies as if they were "getting a haircut", to borrow an expression of Immies?

What no drive thru abortion clinics?

Would you like Fries with that abortion?

America is so behind the times.

This is so utterly tasteless, but as an irreverent animal I simply can't resist the opening....

You people are so fucking tasteless its unbelievable.:mad:

There should be a healthy choice option at drive throug abortion clinics!
:evil:
Where is the fruit-and-yogurt option?

I cannot think of a better accompanyment to abortion than Strawberry Yogurt, with nice red chunks of fruit

It's no wonder that teen pregnancy is up when idiot channels like MTV have reality shows about pregnant teens.

who go on to be celebrities in people magazine....

it's truly sick.

I cannot think of a better accompanyment to abortion than Strawberry Yogurt, with nice red chunks of fruit

Now you are truly the tasteless one. :eusa_eh:

You gotta agree with Republicans on this one. People are like strays, if you feed 'em, they breed. The answer is the "dog pound", at least, that what I think they mean.

Perhaps some Republicans could clarify their remarks?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's no wonder that teen pregnancy is up when idiot channels like MTV have reality shows about pregnant teens.

who go on to be celebrities in people magazine....

it's truly sick.

Umm, MTV and sex on TV has been around for decades. And its not like prior to TV teens weren't having sex. People just hid them away from view because of the stupid stigma surrounding someone who made a mistake.

Now you are truly the tasteless one. :eusa_eh:

You don't like Yogurt?

A nice Fruit Cup, or a little fresh veggie plate?:(

An otherwise honest post but I'm not buying this:
Nor would I inhibit a woman approaching an abortion clinic even a PP clinic.
Because of this:

Care for? :eusa_eh: I don't think they are looking for your "care" or whatever you might call your meddling.

My response to your first post about an abortion clinic next door was more or less of a joke. It is not going to happen.

But, I would never accost a woman entering a clinic. That is not my style. Call me a chicken if you will, but a young woman in a crisis pregnancy is in no state of mind to have someone hurling insults at her as she enters the clinic. I don't believe it helps at all.

Sure, I can sit here and decry the injustice of abortion. I can march in a "Walk for life". I can offer a home for a woman in need, but to approach a woman who is already at wit's end and tell her she is getting ready to kill the child within her? Can't do that. I can only pray that God will give her a way out.

1 Cor 10:13
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
I can pray for her to make a decision for life. I cannot make that decision for her.

edit:

As for "caring for", what I meant there was to offer love and support for the woman that is in need: a temporary home, food, clothing, love, just a place to go to think. Sometimes those who are not sure about the choice just need someone to give them hope!

Immie
I've observed enough of your slick posting style to know not to take what you say at face value.

Republicans need to quit sending "mixed messages".

No abortion because it's not moral, yet where are the Republicans calling out to help unmarried mothers. Even Sarah Palin cut funding to help unwed mothers. And don't go asking me for a link, because it's been posted a dozen times on this site.

And then the other Republican point of view, "(referring to children) People are like strays, feed them and they breed".

So, the Republican response? "SHUT UP!"

An otherwise honest post but I'm not buying this:

Because of this:

Care for? :eusa_eh: I don't think they are looking for your "care" or whatever you might call your meddling.

My response to your first post about an abortion clinic next door was more or less of a joke. It is not going to happen.

But, I would never accost a woman entering a clinic. That is not my style. Call me a chicken if you will, but a young woman in a crisis pregnancy is in no state of mind to have someone hurling insults at her as she enters the clinic. I don't believe it helps at all.

Sure, I can sit here and decry the injustice of abortion. I can march in a "Walk for life". I can offer a home for a woman in need, but to approach a woman who is already at wit's end and tell her she is getting ready to kill the child within her? Can't do that. I can only pray that God will give her a way out.

13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
I can pray for her to make a decision for life. I cannot make that decision for her.

edit:

As for "caring for", what I meant there was to offer love and support for the woman that is in need: a temporary home, food, clothing, love, just a place to go to think. Sometimes those who are not sure about the choice just need someone to give them hope!

Immie
I've observed enough of your slick posting style to know not to take what you say at face value.

What a true shit you are.

CIMG1397.jpg

edit:

Immie

What a true shit you are.

CIMG1397.jpg
Immie is slick. You are just a ****. A manifold ****.

Go back to tying dead babies around people's necks.

Hey - guess what? Some abstinence programs are working.

CNN's Jack Cafferty, during a commentary on Tuesday's Situation Room, fairly presented the results of recent "landmark" study which indicates abstinence-only sex education has better results than "safe sex" classes in preventing teenagers from having sex : "This just in: abstinence-only sex education might just work... [The] study...could have huge implications on the national debate over lowering teen pregnancy rates, as well as sexually-transmitted diseases."

Cafferty devoted his commentary 14 minutes into the 6 pm Eastern hour to the study, which was published in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine on Monday. After noting the results, that only "33 percent of sixth and seventh graders who took an abstinence-only program began having sex within two years," compared to "52 percent who were taught only about safe sex...[and] 42 percent who learned about both safe sex and abstinence," the commentator disclosed the Obama administration's decision to roll back funding of such abstinence studies. He continued by reporting the reactions from both sides of the sex ed debate: "Some call the abstinence research ‘game-changing,’ that it comes after years of getting a bad rap. But critics though say the curriculum in this study isn’t a good example of abstinence-only programs. They say the class studied didn’t take a moral tone. It encouraged teens to wait to have sex until they’re ready, not until they’re married; and it didn’t disapprove of condom use."

Read more: NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

Hmmmm. Just as I suspected. Some work; some don't. Could it have more to do with family values? Yes - methinks it does.

A few cautions before jumping to unsupported conclusions:

in this issue of the Archives was designed to test some specific hypotheses within the larger public policy question of how to prevent human immunodeficiency virus/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections, as well as unwanted pregnancies, among adolescents in this country. This is an immensely important issue, and one that clearly will not be solved through any single intervention. If prevention of risky sexual behaviors was easy to accomplish, we would already have accomplished this goal. The Jemmott group sought to test whether an educational program aimed at preventing risky sexual behaviors among young adolescents would be most effective if it was based on teaching abstinence and delaying sexual activity, teaching young adolescents how to practice safer sex, or a combination of both approaches. The results may be surprising to some in that the theory-based abstinence-only curriculum appeared to be as effective as a combined curriculum and more effective than the safer sex–only curriculum in delaying sexual activity. None of the curricula had any effect on the prevalence of unprotected sexual intercourse or consistent condom use.

Hmmmm. Just as I suspected. Some work; some don't. Could it have more to do with family values? Yes - methinks it does.

I was listening to this on NPR - very interesting - but no, it wasn't about "family values". The approach they used was to ask the kids what their life goals were - what they wanted to accomplish in the next year or two - and how delaying sexual activity could help them reach those goals.

Hey - guess what? Some abstinence programs are working.

CNN's Jack Cafferty, during a commentary on Tuesday's Situation Room, fairly presented the results of recent "landmark" study which indicates abstinence-only sex education has better results than "safe sex" classes in preventing teenagers from having sex : "This just in: abstinence-only sex education might just work... [The] study...could have huge implications on the national debate over lowering teen pregnancy rates, as well as sexually-transmitted diseases."

Cafferty devoted his commentary 14 minutes into the 6 pm Eastern hour to the study, which was published in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine on Monday. After noting the results, that only "33 percent of sixth and seventh graders who took an abstinence-only program began having sex within two years," compared to "52 percent who were taught only about safe sex...[and] 42 percent who learned about both safe sex and abstinence," the commentator disclosed the Obama administration's decision to roll back funding of such abstinence studies. He continued by reporting the reactions from both sides of the sex ed debate: "Some call the abstinence research ‘game-changing,’ that it comes after years of getting a bad rap. But critics though say the curriculum in this study isn’t a good example of abstinence-only programs. They say the class studied didn’t take a moral tone. It encouraged teens to wait to have sex until they’re ready, not until they’re married; and it didn’t disapprove of condom use."

Read more: NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias
That and hormonal values.

I was listening to this on NPR - very interesting - but no, it wasn't about "family values". The approach they used was to ask the kids what their life goals were - what they wanted to accomplish in the next year or two - and how delaying sexual activity could help them reach those goals.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kids are lucky if they know what they want to accomplish in the next week.

Forum List

Back