Teacher Compensation

You don't have to. The opinion of some wannabe dentist means less than nothing.
I don't want to be a dentist and never said I did.

That lack of reading comprehension skills tell me you're no teacher.

You're a study hall proctor at best

Teaching is not a profession. Never has been, never will. A PROFESSION requires an extensive body of knowledge, not known to the general public, without which one cannot function.

Think about it: Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Dentist...They all have a large body of knowledge that is unknown to the general public, and they must demonstrate a mastery of that body of knowledge in order to be certified to practice in the PROFESSION.

There is no existing or even possible body of knowledge that is required to teach. They are not even required to demonstrate a mastery of their SUBJECTS [through comprehensive testing].

Ain't no profession. Professionals don't join a labor union.

Teaching is not a profession. Never has been, never will. A PROFESSION requires an extensive body of knowledge, not known to the general public, without which one cannot function.

Think about it: Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Dentist...They all have a large body of knowledge that is unknown to the general public, and they must demonstrate a mastery of that body of knowledge in order to be certified to practice in the PROFESSION.

There is no existing or even possible body of knowledge that is required to teach. They are not even required to demonstrate a mastery of their SUBJECTS [through comprehensive testing].

That has got to be the most ignorant post of the day.

Teachers are prima donnas.They have never had real jobs.They are too pampered.Overpaid,too many paid holidays.But wait,they grade papers at night(Oh the humanity).They must be exhausted the next morning.
Well, it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about...first, teachers are only paid for the days they work. NO paid holidays, no paid summer off. Teachers also have to be prepared to defend their students and themselves at any moment without causing injury to students, serve as a sounding board to their students and their students' parents while providing moral guidance as well as teaching the subject that they are assigned to teach. Most teachers also have to work a second job to provide for their families, so your comment that they never had "real jobs" is just ridiculous.

You are a moron.

Teaching is sooooooooooooo tough.

And yet, there is basically no attrition.

Case closed.
No attrition? Every state is experiencing teacher shortages. Honestly, if you were trying to make yourself seem ignorant, you have succeeded beyond any and all expectations.

The collapse of the public school system is going to work out just as well for my fellow conservatives as the defund the police worked out for the Left. Conservatives imagine that all these public school students are going into happy little homeschools or maybe charter schools

Uh huh

Well, bring it on then. Yep, yep the teachers suck. In three years or so, all you clowns be crying "Where'd the teachers go?!?!" Whatever. Let it burn.

Those "little bastards" you won't slow down for in bus zones? I can't wait til the public schools collapse and they're running around in gangs. I really, honestly hope it's in your neighborhood, and I'm around to here you whine about where did the schools and teachers go.

No one ever said my fellow conservatives were very prescient.

If these kids can read at the third grade level when they get out of high school the teachers feel like they done their job

If these kids can read at the third grade level when they get out of high school the teachers feel like they done their job

See above. Three years, gangs and gangs and gangs of unschooled, unparented teens roaming the nation.

Do not say "where are the schools?" We tried to tell you.

Oh well. Let it burn.

....Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Dentist...They all have a large body of knowledge that is unknown to the general public, and they must demonstrate a mastery of that body of knowledge in order to be certified to practice in the PROFESSION.
Like teachers.

WHAT IS THE BODY OF KNOWLEDGE THAT TEACHERS MUST KNOW?????

It does not exist!

If anyone reading this is a teacher, let's have a few examples. A doctor must know how the heart functions. A lawyer must know the elements of a tort. Etc.

What is the body of knowledge that teachers must know? The very idea is silly.

Can you even imagine a teacher being charged with "MALPRACTICE"? It is a sick joke. They engage in malpractice every day of the week, and we pay them for it!

Forum List

Back