Teacher Called "Sadistic", "Demeaning", "Petty" by Parents

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Why, you might ask? Oh, because the teacher noticed that most AP US History students in high school could not label the states in THEIR OWN NATION. So the teacher gave an assignment to be able to label the states, the was then sent emails with these labels. Yes, such expectations are sadistic. Petty. Demeaning.

As I have said so many times, this is what teachers deal with while my fellow conservatives pick on and on about a few districts who have bad books in their libraries. It's just so horridly out of touch it's almost funny.

BTW, test yourself on the states here.

Personally? Yeah, I agree.

I think it is shameful that they expect second graders to know this.

We didn't have to know the states and their capitols till fifth grade.

:oops:

You realize the students in question were in HIGH SCHOOL, right?
Yup, BINGO!

That was my point. We learned all of that, those states, and their capitols in order to get outta elementary school.

If I were their teacher, I would fail any of them that couldn't pass. . .

. . . and if any of their parents complained, I'd tell them precisely what their kid is. . .

giphy.gif
tenor.gif

When my son was in 7th grade his world history class had to freehand draw a map and label all the countries. We had moved half way into the school year so he was new to the school and had to play catchup. Memorizing the countries was easy for him but he struggled with drawing the map...lol
I'm pretty sure my kids schools taught the US states and capitols in 3 or 4th grade.

It's not the kids' fault, it's the adults in their lives. If parent enforce students taking school seriously, and the school teaches the states, most kids will learn them with no problem. Kids will learn what you teach them. Very sadlly, we are allowing social media to be the teachers, while professional teachers are often treated by parents as the enemy.

Why, you might ask? Oh, because the teacher noticed that most AP US History students in high school could not label the states in THEIR OWN NATION. So the teacher gave an assignment to be able to label the states, the was then sent emails with these labels. Yes, such expectations are sadistic. Petty. Demeaning.

As I have said so many times, this is what teachers deal with while my fellow conservatives pick on and on about a few districts who have bad books in their libraries. It's just so horridly out of touch it's almost funny.

BTW, test yourself on the states here.

I want values training over fact training. Do they know --these perfect state labelers --- that government acknowledges the rights from the Creator and does NOT CONFER THEM. I bet not. Some hayseed in the boonies might not be able to label the states but he knows that rights are from the Creator.

That was the curriculum when I was in 5th Grade
We not only learned to name each state and it’s Capitol but had to learn each states History, major cities, economy and other pertinent facts.
I still remember most of it

We are raising a generation of stupid people.
Examine the state of teachers today--the OP (who claims to be a teacher) thinks 3B+ people took a vaccine that was poison. Yet she can’t explain how few experience any side effects much less the death that would result from such poison.

School kids deserve better than such human rubbish.

I want values training over fact training. Do they know --these perfect state labelers --- that government acknowledges the rights from the Creator and does NOT CONFER THEM. I bet not. Some hayseed in the boonies might not be able to label the states but he knows that rights are from the Creator.

The Government confers your rights.
If they are violated, try asking God to do something about it

Forum List

Back